jen2010
Erika  if you are around please let us know your safe , l have tried to call you  but  it is impossible to get through at the moment , l know that you live in Qld  and   could be affected by the floods  as 75% of the state of Qld is , my mum lost her house   in lowood  but she is okay as is my 3 sisters  so l am just checking  and hoping my Aussie  Buddy is okay  and hopefully somewhere dry and high  above the water Love you lots

jen xxx
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Hi Jen,

I sent Erika a txt msg earlier to check on her. She sent me a msg saying she is ok. I sure hope she stays well and safe.

I'm sure worried about her too. What a mess down there!! I feel so bad for our Aussie brothers and sisters.

Hugs,

Sherry
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
quirks
aww thanx jen.....we r pretty well saturated and the worst will happen thurs when all the flood water hits the brisbane river, however im confident that i will escape the major flooding. the local creeks and rivers r gushing torrents but should hold their banks. sorry to hear about yr mums place...devastation is surrounding everything.......my friends house in ipswich is totally cut off and looks like its in the middle of the lake....... we have an escape plan tho for just in case..... a sad story on the news was regarding the pet shop in Toowoomba......as the wall of water came thru the main street, it hit the shop...no furry survivors at all. im touched tho at the response of aussies and the help offered by the ppl......some groups r soley raising money and collecting pet food/supplies for ppls pets....the furries have not been forgotten!!!!

the following is on face book...just an interesting bit of info.......

To the Indonesian Tsunami, Aust gives $1 billion in aid, Pakistan floods, Aust gives $66.5 million in aid. THE WORST floods in Australian history destroys homes, towns, life & businesses, Aust government donates a lousy $1 million. Pull your finger out Anna Bligh & Gillard & start looking after your own. Post this to try & make them wake the hell up! Other countries may donate too... PLEASE! keep posting this!
thanku jen for thinking of me and i sure hope to chat with u soon.
xoxo erika
Those people who dislike cats, will be mice in their next life.......
Remy...entered my life 4th April 2010......left for the Bridge 9th August 2010.
loved, missed and cherished.
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Hi Jen,

I am so sorry about your mom's house.  I'm so glad she is ok as well as your sisters.  Gosh it's so sad about what's going on down here.  It's devastating.  So many people missing and some people that have died.  I hate that this is happening.  So many people have lost their homes.  It's so sad.  When I was watching it on the news this morning, they were saying that it was like a tsunami....a huge wall of water came crashing down and tossing cars like they were toys.  I'll be so glad when the rain comes to an end and the flooding stops.  Jeez Louise! 

Sherry
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
jen2010
l am so glad your okay Erika l honestly  just cant get through to you atm l think  all the phone lines are jammed just keep us posted .And  you know erika if you need anything or even a bed for a while you have one here

And thanks sherry  my family is okay  its sad mum lost her house but  she was fortunate and given plenty of warning to get out so she has the things that cant be replaced like photos etc the rest insurance will cover , and yes l have only seen the news but it is like a nightmare for people.Aussies are tough and  the country will pull together to help   everyone in need like they did  a few years ago when the bush fires hit
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Erika dear.  I thank God that your home, and especially your life, was spared from the Brisbane floods.  I'm so happy that you are safe and well.  That goes for you and your family (including Maggie!) and friends too.  I'm missing my Aussie sister today!

I love you heaps and +1 to whatever you say!!!

Sherry
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
jen2010
lm glad your safe erika , l am of to brisbane  wednesday to help  my  mum  with the  clean up process if you need anything brought up from melbourne   give me a call  , my mum said she cant get a piece  of food  where  she  and 2 of my sisters said they cant get milk or bread and  very little  of anything else so  please dont be shy if there is something l can bring

Jen xxx
Quote 0 0
donnalee

Jen and Erica, You have both been on my mind this week because of this terrible news!  I'm so glad you are ok even though it IS affecting you / your family.  Please stay safe and know lots of prayers are going your way.  Nature can be so devastating...it's scary. Please, please take care. 

Quote 0 0
Woodypatty
I'm glad you are ok.FYI if anyone wants to give to the animals in Aus. You can go to the animal rescue site.com and donate there. Stay safe. Thinking of you during this unfortunate time.                                            Patty
Quote 0 0
always_tuffy
Erika,
I haven't been online much lately. But I have thought about you and the terrible flooding. Glad you are doing OK, I'll pray that continues.
I should have sent you a msg sooner. I'm very sorry. Glad jen2010 posted her concern.
Love ya'
Regina
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0