MImijp Show full post »
Zaneta
I am sorry for you loss. My baby was also blind from cataract, partially deaf, had arthritis, and dementia, but still recognized us and enjoyed many aspects of her life with us. She was 14,5, and I failed her. She drowned in our a pool 10 days ago. I am devastated. I wish I had that opportunity of putting her to sleep. Her knowing I was there to her last breath, giving her love.
Quote 0 0
Apo181dsdc
You didn’t fail her. I am sure you were the best mom to her. She is still with you and she holds no anger towards you...just unconditional love. I hope you find peace.
Quote 0 0
myasmom
I am so very sorry for your loss. We made the difficult decision to put our beloved Mya down yesterday. We are struggling with the decision and asking ourselves if we made the right decision. She had dementia and would not eat well, would soil her bed and relieve herself wherever she was. She cried out almost every night from 6:00pm to 3:00AM. The vet did not think she was in pain but was most likely having anxiety. We have been crying almost continuously since we let her go. The guilt is consuming us. We loved her so much. How do you forgive yourself? I just want to hold her again. Feeling heartbroken and devastated.
Myasmom
Quote 0 0
myasmom
I am so very sorry for your loss. We made the difficult decision to put our beloved Mya down yesterday. We are struggling with the decision and asking ourselves if we made the right decision. She had dementia and would not eat well, would soil her bed and relieve herself wherever she was. She cried out almost every night from 6:00pm to 3:00AM. The vet did not think she was in pain but was most likely having anxiety. We have been crying almost continuously since we let her go. The guilt is consuming us. We loved her so much. How do you forgive yourself? I just want to hold her again. Feeling heartbroken and devastated.
Myasmom
Quote 0 0
myasmom
Myasmom
Quote 0 0
MImijp
Zaneta. I understand what you are going through.. It is ok to feel sad but I am sure you were a wonderful fur baby parent. maybe it was in the plans to drown instead of having to make the difficult decision of choosing euthanasia. With my 16 year old Westie some mornings when I did not hear her I silently hoped she had died in her sleep, so I would not have to make that dreaded decision.

So grieve and don’t blame yourself. With an older dog with dementia deep down we know it is just a question of time. And nothing we can do will bring them back to their healthy happier lives.

Myasmom. I chose to not dwell on what I had to do. What is a couple months more. Of having your baby anxious, lost. My greatest fear with my Roxie was to lose her. She would just roam off. We had a camp in the woods and I would turn around and she was not there. It was heartbreaking to always have to tie her up. it was not her life and how we had trained her, She was a mighty dog. So when I go to that place saying She could have lived longer, I coped out etc...this is what I think about. I hope it helps. Give yourself time.
Quote 0 0
Sayuri
Zaneta wrote:
I am sorry for you loss. My baby was also blind from cataract, partially deaf, had arthritis, and dementia, but still recognized us and enjoyed many aspects of her life with us. She was 14,5, and I failed her. She drowned in our a pool 10 days ago. I am devastated. I wish I had that opportunity of putting her to sleep. Her knowing I was there to her last breath, giving her love.
Quote 0 0
Sayuri
Zaneta, it's exactly how I feel. My girl would've felt safe in my arms in her last moments. Instead, she died in an oxygen cage terrified. She was semiferal, a scared little dog. I can't forgive myself for making that decision. She spent 36 hours there and probably her heart gave out.

She wasn't terminal when she went in, but vet said she'd have a much better chance if she was treated at the hospital for two days. Her anxiety symptoms were like pneumonia, they should've known. She had no fever, lungs were sounding good, no coughing. I can't stop crying..
Quote 0 0
Zaneta
Sayuri wrote:
Zaneta, it's exactly how I feel. My girl would've felt safe in my arms in her last moments. Instead, she died in an oxygen cage terrified. She was semiferal, a scared little dog. I can't forgive myself for making that decision. She spent 36 hours there and probably her heart gave out.

She wasn't terminal when she went in, but vet said she'd have a much better chance if she was treated at the hospital for two days. Her anxiety symptoms were like pneumonia, they should've known. She had no fever, lungs were sounding good, no coughing. I can't stop crying..

Thank you, Sayuri,

I have never been with any of my dogs when they were passing because the first one was lost when I was a few year old child. Then, I had a mother and daughter my parents bred and after few years they gave away the daughter to my uncle in the countryside far away from us and she had a happy life. Any time I visited, I would give her a bath and she slept with me in bed. However, she got cancer and my uncle was poor so he shot her without consulting my parents to pay for her care. I was young I don’t know if they would do it anyway. They had her brother before she was taken by them (uncle and my grandma). I visited once for summer and was walking with this beautiful dog through the village when a crazy motorcyclist hit him. I was young and nobody was with me. This poor baby was in the ditch with a horrible injury of his thigh split open like almost completely separated from the body. My uncle shot him. Then back home my beloved dog of many many years. The mother of these two poor things was decided to be given away to my other uncle on the farm far away. She was a senior who went through a lot before when yet we adopted her from a third uncle when she was 2 years old and he abused her horribly to the point she was aggressive to me. However, when she finally arrived to our home she was my lovebug for many many years. I don’t know how she passed. That uncle said she walked away from the possession after two weeks my mom gave her away. I wish (even I was young and had no power) to try to convince my mom not to give her away. I have been main care taker of all my dogs my entire life. Even she passed about 25+ years ago without me knowing how, I still cry for her because I love her so much and I cried last June for her for hours. One month before my beloved 14,5 year old Bella drowned in my pool. I think Diana knew and was waiting for her. But...I promised Bella that she would be my first dog I’d be with her to the end and again I wasn’t that’s why it’s harder than it’s supposed tibe
Quote 0 0