Lilimarie
Happy Thanksgiving to my lil Ben Ben. It's been so hard without you. I've become so envious of others walking around with their dogs. I feel like I am no longer a part of the exclusive club of having an amazing dog to pal around with daily. I miss my boy running up and down the hall, sitting across from me, watching my every move, protecting me in every way he thought necessary. It's hard without my buddy today. The holidays will not be the same. I love you, Ben Ben. You were so good to me, every single day of your life.
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
I can't tell you how sorry I am that this happened. Isn't it weird not having a dog? It's like your whole life was planned around your baby and now you have no vet appointments, no trips to the pet store, no reason to use a leash and poop bags on walks, nothing! You have to catch yourself when others talk about their animals and you start again "Yeah, my dog hates going to the vet" or "My dog cocks her head when I look at her and say her name".

I know you miss Benni so much and I feel for you. I miss Lucy too. I still have some of her little hairs stuck in my clothes and it makes me not want to wash them ever again. If you feel up to it, I'd love to hear some stories about Benni.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Love to hear stories about Ben and Lucy.I am glad Thanksgiving is over.  So true about the not having a dog.  I get sad when I pass the pet store and see others walking their dogs.  I miss my baby so much and never realized how much your life revolved around them. Even had to turn off a dog show on TV last night...couldn't bear to watch. Two months later I am still finding my babies ribbons, boxes of her winter sweaters, toys, meds, whatever around the house.  I keep them all, putting them in a safe place until I will be able to handle seeing them, if that time ever comes.  I envy those with their forever pet and hope they cherish every moment.  Life goes on, but it is so different now.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Lilimarie
I had family in town for the holiday and my parents had their little dog with them which was a nice, temporary, distraction. They left this morning and my place feels empty again. I ran errands this morning and the weather is so beautiful, the kind Benni loved to be out on a walk in. I live in a dog friendly city full of dog lovers so they were all out in full force. It's heartbreaking, Because I miss him with such intensity. His little loose fur hairs are becoming less and less around the house and when I got back home I found his ball under a piece of furniture in the living room. I lost it. I really miss him and his energetic spirit. I'm gearing up for a move by Christmas to reunite with my my husband and I made every arrangement for traveling with Benni. I even made sure the place we found had walking trails and parks nearby for him. It's hard to except he won't be there with me. Benni was a southern dog, but we spent the past few years up north, (Military husband) so he got to experience snow and I loved watching him hopping around in it. :) we came back south last spring and I'm happy he was able to live back home before he passed. He spent this past year running wild with his weiner dog besties on our shared porch living next door again to his 2nd family. So now comes the move and No Benni. I feel like I'm rambling a bit, but so many thoughts have been racing through my head, and I realize I have a long road ahead of me before I can heal from losing my little boy. I would sit and stare at him sometimes and tell him he could never leave me because I'd be lost without him. Today I feel lost. I will always love you Bens.
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Your Benni sound like quite the character.  I am sure you treasure those hairs, as I do now with those from my baby.I used to think they were a nuisance, but now they are  a treasure.  I know your move will be hard without Benni.  Keep the happy memories close, there is nothing more comforting these days. Hugs

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0