Tankie12 Show full post »
Tankie12
catiebee wrote:
Hi Lynn, 

Wow, that photo is so expressive! It certainly speaks volumes and I think all of us here relate to it very much. What a hole in our heart remains when our beloved ones have to leave! And the stunned feeling lasts on and on.

I'm so sorry the last weeks were filled with so much doctoring and the need to administer so much fluid. That's very hard, but keeping her with you, rather than having vets do this, was worth a mint. You gave Tankie the ongoing gift of your presence in those last days (as she also was there so present with you), and every touch was filled with love and longing. You are a very good mom, Lynn, kind and loving, diligent and watchful. You did all that you could. You are Tankie's treasure just as much as she is yours.

I hope this weekend is flowing as gently as possible for you, I hope the tears and hurt may lessen even just a bit, and I wish you comfort upon comfort along this hard journey. Hugs to you!

Thank you for your sweet words. It’s such a roller coaster isn’t it? I’m grateful for all the support from you and everyone else who take the time to come to the rescue with the lifeline of words that touch my heart. This path is treacherous! Those sinkholes, the ones you see coming and than the ones that just open up and you can’t find your feet. Simply put “it sucks”
Catie I keep reading things like ‘I hope you’re feeling better’ what’s happening? You never know who in this group may live close enough to lend a hand. I hope whatever it is you’re on the road to recovery. I know you like shakes and you need protein for healing so drink one of those. Not Ensure please. Premier is a much better brand and they are pretty good😉🌼
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
CKMP, your words really resonated with me, but in particular when you said we can "so clearly see what others did 'right' however can only see what we did 'wrong, ' or constantly question the decisions we made and the actions we took. " That is so amazingly accurate. Reading everyone's stories it's so apparent how much everyone loved their animals and made the best choice they possibly could- but when it comes to me, it's question, question. I appreciate your amazing insights!!
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Rookiesmama wrote:
CKMP, your words really resonated with me, but in particular when you said we can "so clearly see what others did 'right' however can only see what we did 'wrong, ' or constantly question the decisions we made and the actions we took. " That is so amazingly accurate. Reading everyone's stories it's so apparent how much everyone loved their animals and made the best choice they possibly could- but when it comes to me, it's question, question. I appreciate your amazing insights!!

She is an amazing woman who’s words speak to our souls, ,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Sil
Tankie12,

It is much easier for each one of us to "comprehend the decisions taken by anyone else" and much easier to say "your pet will forgive you".....but, when it comes to Our own decisions, the blame, the guilt are "relentless".  

In all our stories, I can "feel the pain".....but, most of all I CAN feel the love.  (((Hugs)))
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Hi Lynn, 

You have my wholehearted agreement that the journey really is a rotten one to be called on to take and we are members of a club that our hearts had dearly hoped we would never have to join. I'm grateful for the companionship, though. Very grateful, as stark as it is, that you and our friends here understand what a thorny path all this is. Sinkholes, treacherous. You well described it. Hard days lurch out of nowhere and try to capsize us. Down we go yet somehow we fill our lungs, gather some strength and keep going.

I don't have new insights, wise words or hopes to hold high for you. Just hugs and coming alongside on a page, with a heart that shares your sadness and longs with yours for healing to keep coming.  I hope this weekend holds some rest, comfort and at least bits of encouragement for you. Hugs to you, friend!

Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0