jendave
My 9-10 year old Rat Terrier Mix passed away today in my arms.   She was diagnosed yesterday with a   tumor on her spleen and a RBC on 16 (normal is 36).   She was happy and running on Monday...chasing squirrels.   I am heart broken...she was my baby girl..she helped me through some really tough times over the past several years.    I don't know how I am going to manage this with being stuck at home and seeing all of her toys and blankets.....
Jen Kahler
Quote 0 0
Amy715
I'm so sorry, I just lost my boy this morning as well. Seeing everything is heartbreaking.  Hugs to you❤️
Amy walker 
Quote 1 0
jendave
Amy715...
I am sorry for your loss.   Hugs!
Jen Kahler
Quote 0 0
Chippysmom
I am so sorry. I know how awful this is. I lost my boy on Monday. I can't eat or sleep. Im just going through the motions and pretending for my daughters sake. I cry alone several times a day.  I feel like I'm sinking into a depression.  I love and miss him terribly.  Just want you to know you're not alone.  Your feelings are normal. We have to grieve our babies. Time is the only thing that will help. Many prayers
Maureen flagg
Quote 1 0
Pecan_mom

I’m so sorry for your loss.  I lost my beloved Pecan (Cockapoo) on early morning of March 20.  She was healthy and happy until Wednesday 6:30pm and passed away at 4am on Thursday an hour after we rushed her to the hospital.  It was so sudden that the vet thought it was stroke but I suspect she had the same condition as your Dog.  I feel so guilty for not being able to save her.  She was my confidant, my companion, my therapist and my best friend.  She was with me 24/7 for 9 years. I never left her alone for over 3hrs.  How can a perfect dog who was so warm, happy and kind go so fast.  I see and feel her everywhere.  Thinking about her sweet face and innocent eyes aches my heart.  Is it normal to feel this guilty? I haven’t stopped crying.   Hang in there my friend.  Life is so unfair but I’m sure our dogs want us to be healthy and happy again.  I just hope I didn’t let her down.

Pecan’s mom 

Sp
Quote 0 0
Chippysmom
That's terrible.  I can't imagine. My boy had congestive heart failure. He was diagnosed a year ago.  He was on alot of medications. I thought I was prepared for his passing. I wasn't. I wasn't prepared for the amount of pain it would cause me.  He had a couple bad days then Sunday night he couldn't breathe. He was so scared. I promised him no more suffering.  Like you he was my constant companion. I took him everywhere with me but work. He hated when I went to work.  So the virus thing was actually a blessing. I got to spend his last days with him like he wanted. He was with me every minute of the day. I can't sleep and I'm feeling the effects of stress having headaches. I will include you in my prayers so your heart can heal. They just don't live long enough but will live in our hearts every single day. 
Maureen flagg
Quote 0 0
jendave
Thank you for all of your support.   I can't stop crying just thinking about all of things we did together.   She went everywhere.   We do have another dog (Chihuahua) and she doesn't understand where her sister is.....she is my husband's dog.     I want to adopt another dog, but I am not sure if I can do that right now with this lockdown.      She was happy on Monday...running, took her for a walk...she chased squirrels.   She had been more lethargic and she seemed bloated...that it why I took her to the vet....I was devastated when the vet told me what was going on...I could go in the vets office (they picked up from the car).   I keep telling myself we gave her a better life...she was a rescue and while we don't know her whole story, we know she was abused.    It took months before she would allow us to put on a leash without  cowering.   She was the best little dog.
Jen Kahler
Quote 0 0
Chippysmom
Is it crazy that I feel like I need an antidepressant?
Maureen flagg
Quote 1 0
Pecan_mom

I’m no expert as I still cry everyday and haven’t gone for a walk since she has passed because that was what I did with her everyday. But I think what you’re feeling is normal and it’s part of the grieving process.  Give yourself some time.  Maybe talk to a professional first.  All I know is I miss my baby and I’m only keeping it together for my daughters and my heart is heavy.  God knows I would give anything to have her back but I know death unfortunately is part of life otherwise we would all hold on to our loved ones and would never let them go.  I really hope that their spirits are with us and we can meet again someday.  

take care,
Pecan’s mom 

Sp
Quote 1 0
jendave
I cry everyday also....We do have another dog, our Bella.   She is a chihuahua and Lexi and Bella were adopted together.    Bella is missing her sister...she looks for her everywhere in the house.   Trying to keep some normalcy for her....went for a walk with her and it broke my heart not having my little girl...but I can not neglect my our other baby....
Jen Kahler
Quote 0 0