Forum

Author   Comment  
Bizzy

Reply with quote  #1 
So many what ifs.My 19 yr old princess has squamous cell carcinoma on her nose and I don't know if I'm doing the right thing in seeking treatment for her.When she was 12,she had a stroke in my arms. I held her for 2 hours ,begging her not to leave. Her recovery took a year-3mos. of force feeding,nine mos. of subcutaneous fluids because she refused to drink,,coaxing her out for walkies on her leash (of course she has a silk collar).I can't bear the reality of her beautiful face destroyed by cancer(She loves the camera),,but she is still my beautiful, healthy,Eekamo and how can I end her life now,before she suffers?Am I being selfish,or overly emotional because I have
lost 2 of my cats to cancer in 1 month?Slim was 20,Robert the Bruce was only a year old.i'm scared of the money thing,I'm scared what if they can't help her,I'm scared of having to make"the decision for the third time.Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attached Images
jpeg 20180914_072218.jpg (1.55 MB, 1 views)

Tankie12

Reply with quote  #2 
Robert our biggest challenge is knowing when the time is right. I used to think I’d know for sure, I was a vet tech so of course I’d know right?

We are sometimes much to close to really have a grip on those decisions. What we see when we look at them is purely based on love. We see past a lot that may be way to obvious to someone else. All I can give you is a few questions I’d ask our clients if they asked me what I’d do
1) are they eating and drinking
2) are they in pain that you can’t control
3) are they happy most of the time
4) are they mobile
Your know your baby better than anyone. Our obligation is to be their caregiver. Robert you have been an excellent one to your whole pack but in the end the decision is yours.
Did you get a chance to find a dermatologist? Maybe just a consult, ask a few questions,,,,,

Reply with quote  #3 
Oh Tankie12, thank you so much.Eekamo is seeing an oncologist on Wednesday the 19th.There is a promising new treatment for her cancer,but I guess I need to take a deep breath,calm my mind,and just let the time pass until her appt.
Bizzy

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzy
Oh Tankie12, thank you so much.Eekamo is seeing an oncologist on Wednesday the 19th.There is a promising new treatment for her cancer,but I guess I need to take a deep breath,calm my mind,and just let the time pass until her appt.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.