Rickmxx
Hello, my name is Enrique. If anyone would have told me I was going to be writing a post here! I would have said you were crazy!!! But here I am. My cat was killed by a heartless piece of trash that did not even stop to push his body to the curb. I was 10 minutes too late, and I am just crushed with grief. I cannot talk to anyone because they would not understand. "It is just a cat" They say...... But Edward was not just a cat. His body was still warm when I found him. It had just happended. We were moving and I was going back and forth. I was going going to get him that morning.......but was not ready. I was so so so tired. Then I came home to get him late Sunday. And I found him torn to pieces. My heart hurts. I feel like I am dying inside. It was my fault. I made the wrong decision to take him too late. If only I was there 10 minutes earlier. Ohhh God .
Quote 0 0
camunki
I am so sorry for your sweet Edward...and for how it happened when this heartless person caused this and did not even stop.

Please don't wrack your mind with any guilt, you gave your lil' Edward 23 years of love!! I wish my pets could live for 23 years. I know the first few months are by far the hardest, and yes, they are filled with guilt, the could haves and should haves etc.....but the most important thing you have to remember is you did not cause this and your Edward loves you and always will. Please keep posting here, as I know our pets are not just a cat or a dog...they are our babies, forever loved considered family members.

My heart goes out to you at this difficult time.

Cam

Quote 0 0
msweet13
Dearest Rick - I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved Edward. It is hard to lose our fur-babies, especially in such a sudden and horrific manner. The grief journey is bad enough, but when coupled with guilt, it can be an even a harder one. Please know that Edward only knew of your love and care for him and would forgive you anything--they love us unconditionally. You kept him safe and happy for 23 long years!! I wish I could say something magical to make all your hurt go away, but there are no such words. I can say that you are not alone and every one on this site understands what you are going through--we are all going through it. The circumstances may be different, but the results are the same. The first step to healing is to allow yourself to feel everything that you feel. If you can't cry where you are, come to this site, write about your precious Edward, and cry. We cry with you. I found that reading the other posts on this site, although I would cry over each and every story, helped me to understand my feelings because they were telling MY story in one fashion or another. Edward would want you to be kind to yourself and forgive yourself. I wish you warm hugs and blessings of comfort.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0
PipersMother
Oh Enrique, my heart aches for you.  I am so very sorry for your loss and for the circumstances.  My Miranda passed on Monday, she was 22 years old and I was hoping sh'e make it to 23 like your beloved Edward.  What a special boy he was to you and the circumstances are just so crushing.  I ache for you and I will pray for healing and strength for you.  My thoughts are with you.
Quote 0 0