DeedeeC
My good friend who lives across the country from me is losing her ten year old Boxer.  She needs help lifting him into the car to take him to the vet. Technically this is her brother's dog but he won't help her.  If the dog passes in her home, she has no way to move his body.  Anyone know of how to find someone who could help her?
DeedeeC
Quote 0 0
smkovalinsky
See if she can find a local vet that comes to the home.  Have her Google "in home vet services,  x county"
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Yes, that is a very good idea.
If/when the poor Boxer passes away, the vet will take the body and store it safely until the cremation is arranged, or can give you/your friend the telephone number of the pet cremation services.
I am so sad to hear your friend's brother will not help her, when it is his dog...I do not mean to be judgmental, but I am sad that he can't take responsibility for a dear dog (he has surely loved??)
It is kind of you to help her.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
DeedeeC
The dog, Duke, is her brother's but he doesn't care a whole lot for him.  My friend pays for his food and medical needs, etc.When this all started he told her just to have him put down.  He is a jerk anyway.  My friend has the dog at her house most of the waking hours.  They are neighbors.  When she comes home from work, Duke runs to her and stays until bedtime.  Duke sleeps in a certain chair at her brother's house.

Duke has the same thing as Misty had. Sometimes he seems ok and sometimes not.  It seems to be his time though and of course it is a Sunday and her vet is not there.  She has the emergency vet's number handy but wouldn't be able to get Duke into the car.

I am going to tell her to call the vet to see if someone can help her.  And thank you for looking up for home services by county.  She lives in a rural area and no big cities around.

Thanks.
Deedee
DeedeeC
Quote 0 0
jennaissance
It took me 24 hours of phone calls but I was finally able to find a vet to come to my house and put down my 200 pound dog. They did ask that I have two people with me to help lift his remains into the car. I searched for "home euthanasia" on the internet and called every vet that had a posting within 200 miles. I also live in a rural area. I selected a private cremation, so it was expensive though.
Jenna
Quote 0 0