Dunky Show full post »
Dunky
Dunc-Master, for us to see every day:
Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
I hope he likes his painting. I worked really hard on this one. He always deserved the best!

I look forward to painting his likeness, similar to the icon on these web pages. Looking away to the future. That's my boy!
Duncan's picture at the vet... Daddy, I don't like it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Puz4dHC5mN8UqTavZ5cT4OQb-gpZOFXH
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Robert, he is stunning, absolutely gorgeous! I don't know how you created such a beautiful painting, but I'm certainly impressed!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Robert,
Your painting is absolutely beautiful and so vivid - seems like Duncan will jump outa that frame any minute. You are a very gifted painter. Thank you for sharing this.
Curious as I am I would like to know what he has got there in his mouth?
Again thank you for sharing
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
Dunky
Thanks so much ladies, for your kind words and positive feedback! I really took my time with his painting. I spent about fifteen hours total painting his likeness.

Silvia: The thing in his mouth is a squeaker toy that Nancy made for him. At the age he was at, he was chewing right through all of the store bought toys, so she made this one with special fabric (the yellow fabric) that he could not chew through to get to the squeaker. She embroidered the dragonfly on it. It was his favorite toy for many years. Eventually he did get into it and got his prize. Little rascal!

Thanks again Ladies! You made my Sunday.

Kindest,
Robert
Duncan's picture at the vet... Daddy, I don't like it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Puz4dHC5mN8UqTavZ5cT4OQb-gpZOFXH
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Robert, I hope you're doing as well as possible. Time has been getting away from me and I'm sorry I missed replying here.  I so hope that the hardest edges of your grief have dissolved, but of course, all of our journeys are unique. And it seems the reminders can broadside us emotionally at times.

The toy your wife made must have made of amazingly strong fabric for it to hold up against Duncan's efforts to break in and nab that squeaker!  

I'm still thoroughly amazed by your skills and motivation that led to your creating the two gorgeous portraits. They are spectacular! 

Best to you for a gentle weekend and I do hope things are flowing along well for you...
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Robert,
Somehow you got lost in the crowd, lol. But Catie made you visible for my old age eyes. It is so true that Nancy is an artist as well - just like you. Her work is beautiful and done with love,  the whole work has obviously been a much better quality in favor of Duncan's efforts, lol. Thank you once again for sharing your artwork - amazing!
Hugs
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
Dunky
Hi Ladies!

I am doing really well and have been healing just fine. Today is Duncan's 2 month anniversary for us to celebrate his wonderful life. I must look at his picture at least ten times a day and I am really happy that I had the chance to have known him. He was a cutie and the man I want to be when I grow up!

How are you both doing? Your health is good? Are you both dealing with your grief in a positive way? I still affirm that happiness is what our buddies always wanted for us, to always be happy. I am going to live up to my end of the relationship. Always!

Thanks for you kind words in regards to my artwork. Anyone can do it if you start today.

Let me know how both of you are doing, since yes, each day goes by and we get a little older, but a little bit wiser too. Let me know how YOU are doing!

Best,
Robert
Quote 0 0
Dunky
Another year has gone (2 years now) and there isn't a day that goes by that I do not talk to him as I walk by.

Most of the hurt is gone and I make sure to push those terrible "last day" memories aside. There just isn't a reason to revisit that horrible day ever again. But "we" are doing okay now!

I miss him on this day; and his birthday of course. 

I hope everyone is doing well here. My best to all of you!
Quote 0 0