Dracosmom0328
On September 3rd 2018 (Labor Day) a part of me died. That's the day my beloved Bearded Dragon, Miss Draco passed away unexpectedly. I worked that day(6-2). I came home from work, looked at my little girl. She seemed off. I asked my roommate, John what was wrong with her. He said nothing, that she was fine. But i knew something was up. So i began to do some research (while holding her). By this point her breathing became shallow, she kept opening her mouth. Like she was gasping or choking. Then i noticed her beard and neck/ shoulders were almost jet black. That wasn't normal at all for her. As i was researching and holding her i could almost feel her slip away. She gasped one last time. And around 5:30P.M. she was gone. My little girl. My love, my life was gone. I had her a little over 2 years. But in those 2 years we saw and did so much together. Numerous trips to Ocean City, M.D. Road trips. Restaurants. They Knew her (and loved her) at my job. They actually called her their mascot. I feel lost without her. A part of me is gone. I miss her so badly it hurts. Her tank sat dark. I have 2 other dragons, but they're not her. I don't feel the same for them as i did her. To some she was gross, just a lizard. But to me she was everything. I;'m grateful she chose me to be her mommy, i wish i would have had that job longer.

I had her cremated. Handing over her stiff, frozen body to the nice man at Companions at Peace really hit me. That solidified that she was truly gone. I got her wooden urn back a week ago. It has her picture on the front along with a plaque with her info. I had them reserve some ashes because i wanted to put them in a necklace urn. Which is currently and permanently around my neck. This is a pretty recent pic of my beautiful baby girl. 

14633055_10154682721563415_7981423814657022689_n.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Lori I’m sorry about Miss Draco, she’s very pretty. My grandchildren had one and cared for him very much, they can be very sweet pets.
I’d love to see a picture of your necklace. I hope Miss Draco’s friends can be of some comfort and that you will write again and maybe show some more pictures, hugs
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Dracosmom0328
Thank you for the kind words Lynn. She was my beautiful baby. My Queen. I love her more than any other pet i ever had in my life. She was special, perfect, comforting. She was my everything. I miss her terribly. I say good morning to her pic every morning and good night before i get into bed. I wish i could tell it to her beautiful little face. I try to think positively and say she did what she had to do on this Earth and it was her time to move on. That she finally has the dragon wings she so deserved and is flying high up above. I am hoping she found my mom up there in Heaven (or wherever). My mom would have loved her.
Quote 0 0
Dracosmom0328
Thank you for the kind words Lynn. She was my beautiful baby. My Queen. I love her more than any other pet i ever had in my life. She was special, perfect, comforting. She was my everything. I miss her terribly. I say good morning to her pic every morning and good night before i get into bed. I wish i could tell it to her beautiful little face. I try to think positively and say she did what she had to do on this Earth and it was her time to move on. That she finally has the dragon wings she so deserved and is flying high up above. I am hoping she found my mom up there in Heaven (or wherever). My mom would have loved her.
Quote 0 0