Breakofday71
I lost my nearly 15 year old Pooka Thursday night due to total kidney failure which she hid all signs of until too late. Friday morning, less than 12 hours later, I humanely euthanized my 17 year old Tiki due to old age and lack of quality of life.

I feel like I am rattling around my house. It feels empty. Shadow, my 3 year old cat and I look at each other and sigh. He has turned into a "Velcro Kitty". I know life continues, but it is really hard right now.

Buying kitty litter caused me to break out in tears as I realized that I no longer needed to buy Multi-cat litter.

I know I need to be patient with myself and allow myself to grieve; that things won't always be as raw as they currently are. I alternatively want to rage and cry.

Thanks for letting me get this out.
Quote 0 0
Lamont
Shadow and you have a lot to deal with, I'm glad you have each other.
It's been a rough road for many of us here, but they all tell me I'll survive. 
There's a lot of support on this site, so let me offer you my sympathy, even if I am still a mess, myself.

L
Bertie's Daddy
Quote 0 0
RileysMom
Breakofday71,

I am so sorry for your losses. Dealing with one is hard, let alone multiple ones. How horribly tragic. Those reminders and the little things are hard. My heart goes out to you during this time. Many hugs to you...
Val
—Loving Riley, Rosy & Axl always 🐾

Quote 0 0
catiebee
Breakofday, your story is heart-rending. my heart goes out to you so much! I just can't imagine losing two beloved pets in such a short time. Life can be so horribly unfair and your experience proves that in spades. I hope you will write here just as much as you want to and need to. I hope knowing that others understand and share your pain will be a help and a comfort to you. I have no doubt that life is going to be very hard and painful for you for quite a while. Please take the good care of yourself , be very gentle with yourself while everything is so raw and inflamed emotionally. I also hope that there are people in 3D who are supportive to you and to whom you can share the story of the lives and of your grief over your Precious Pets. Hugs to you
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0