animal_qwackers
As well as adding a tribute for the candle lighting ceremony today, and also on the Gratefulness site, I have lit a couple at home for two of my beloved babies. There are two flames burning bright: the first for my mischievous long-haired tabby cat, Gonzo, who I lost 4 months ago to the day, and the second for my big bear, my gorgeous German Shepherd, Solomon, who I said goodbye to 8 weeks ago. In some respects, it seems incredible that so many weeks have passed, yet, at times, it all seems like yesterday especially when the waves of grief threaten to consume me and I sob my heart out.

I have spoken to a pet bereavement counsellor on many occasions about my losses. Some days, things don't seem so bad, other days are torturous still. Not a day has gone by that I haven't ached and cried for my adorable babies. Sometimes, I wander around in a fog, desperate to see them again. I know neither of them would want to see me upset and in such despair, but having to say goodbye was a tough gig, and the aftermath even tougher.

I love you Gonzo and Solomon. With every fibre and sinew of my body, I love you. With every ounce of strength, I miss you. With every beat of my heart, I ache for you. My buddies, you put the 'soul' into soulmate. You will never be forgotten as long as I have breath in my body.

606.jpg  Scan-121019-0009.jpg 

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
erikacam
RIP to your babies.  I feel your pain
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Thank you for your kind sentiments. Your words are really appreciated on such a sad day.

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Ravensmommy
Hugs, hugs, hugs to you. I know how you feel.
Mommy will always love you and keep you in her heart, my dear sweet Raven.
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Beautiful tribute.  We feel your pain.  I totally understand the aches and the walking around in a fog.  I have been in a fog for 7 weeks and still don't see how to get by each day.  The waves of grief hit me, I long to hold my baby.  Take care of yourself until we see them all again at the bridge

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Your Gonzo and Solomon are so beautiful and you can just feel their sweetness and see that special sparkle in their eyes. The candle lighting and your wonderful words are such a special tribute to them and the love they brought into your life. I so understand when you write how badly you want to see your precious babies, as I would go to the ends of the earth for even one more moment with my Jasper. I know we just have to try to get through one day at a time, but it is so hard when each day is filled with the silence and the emptiness of their absence. We will see them again, of this I am sure, they are just on the other side waiting for us. Maybe one day our dear little ones will even send us a lovely rainbow, I think we both could use one right about now. Hugs.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
I saw a rainbow the other day then realised it was actually a double rainbow and I did feel as if my babies had sent them. I have always loved rainbows, no matter how down I am feeling I always smile at their beauty and wonder, even if it's just a small smile. Small smiles are all I can manage at the moment.

I could use a massive hug right now. My Gonzo used to put his front paws around my neck when I was holding him in my arms. Then he would snuffle his little pink nose into my hair and lick my cheek. Oh, how I miss that. One of the things I miss most about Solly was him giving me one paw, then the other when I asked for it. They were both delightful, had their own characters, and their passing has left an emptiness and void that is so hard to fill. I wear my sadness like an oversized cloak, wrapping it around me and suffocating at times. It's tough going.

What helps get me through sometimes is knowing they are released from any potential suffering. Thankfully, I believe neither of them suffered to any great degree. They are happy now, their spirits free as a bird. Your Jasper is the same. He will be a happy puddy tat running, playing, and enjoying his life. It's us humans who have to carry the can, and boy, aren't we such fragile creatures!

Hope your day hasn't been too bad.

Wendy

Quote 0 0