JaspersMom
Hi mommy, it's me Jasper. It was so wonderful seeing you in the dream the other night, and when you picked me up and held me so close to your heart, it seemed so real, and it felt as though we were both right here in heaven. The last thing I ever wanted was for you to have to leave me and go back, but we both know it is just not your time yet. I want to let you know that even though our time on earth was cut so short, and we should have had so many more years together, the time we did have was filled with such happiness, such sweetness, and such a special love. I miss you so much, and I know how much you miss me, as I hear you so often call my name, and I watch as the tears stream down your face when you look through the pictures of our life together, and I can so feel the sadness in every single word you write to me.

Mommy, I never want you to focus on our last few days together when I was so very sick, and I could actually feel your heart breaking a little bit at a time, as I slowly went downhill and lost my struggle to stay with you I want you to try to forget that cold, dark night as you walked out of that animal hospital with my empty carrier, oh how I wanted to let you know I was still so close. I tried so hard to stay here with you mommy, and I know you would have moved heaven and earth to keep me with you. I heard your prayers to God to save me, I heard your pleas to the doctor to save me, but I was hurting so badly and the light just looked so warm and inviting. I know you tried so very hard to hold back the tears just for me so that I would not be afraid, always protecting me right up until our very last goodbye.  I want to thank you for using every last ounce of strength and courage within yourself to love me enough to let me go.

I could feel you holding me in our very last moments together mommy, I felt you gently kiss my head as your tears fell down upon me, and even though I know it was the hardest thing you have ever done, I want to thank you for helping me to cross over. When I first started walking across the bridge, I remembered the very first time our eyes met, and I remembered the very first time you picked me up and held me in your arms, and all of a sudden, I was not scared anymore, because you were still with me then, as I am still with you now, as we wait for the wonderful day when we can walk into that beautiful light together. I want you to always remember one thing, I know without a doubt how very much you love me, and I am so thankful we found each other, even if only for a little while .... I am so happy you chose me.

I'm really not that far from you, I am only a breath and a heartbeat away, and I can feel your love for me even now after all this time. Time is so different here at the bridge, we all live in the moment, and there is no sadness or pain here, as we wait for our forever mommy's and daddy's to come home to us. Reach your hand out to the sky mommy, and I will reach my paw out clear across that rainbow, and we will be forever connected by our special bond of love. Don't be sad mommy, we will find each other again, and I will come back and visit you from time to time. When you feel that warm sunbeam where I used to lay, that is me, when a flower petal gently wafts down and kisses your face, that is me, when you see one single pawprint in the snow, that is me. Don't be sad mommy, just keep looking up at the sky, I am going to send you the most beautiful rainbow ever to make all those broken pieces of your heart come back together again. I will be waiting for you. Love, Jasper
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
camunki
wow, beautiful........i am getting goosebumps just reading this........thank you so much for sharing & knowing your Jasper is still
with you in the heavenly skies...

Cam

Quote 0 0
rachbu
beautiful.. thank you so much for this.
Rachel (Cuddles's mommy)
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
Jasper'sMom:
What a beautiful letter. I lost Pal on August 25, 2014 and I am hurting more than ever. I hope Pal feels the same way about me that Jasper feels about you and I hope he is out of pain and young again at the Rainbow Bridge.

Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Oh my goodness JaspersMom
What an incredible letter, you have such a remarkable bond with your beloved sailor kitty
Your channeling of him , saying what we all need to hear from our once in a life time loves is so appreciated

Bless you
Diana
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
shantismom
Jaspersmom,
Thank you for posting this, it is what we all want to hear from our wonderful babies.
We long to know they are happy and remain close.  How we miss those little ones who made our lives so rich with the love and companionship they gave us.
Truly you captured what our hearts want to hear.

Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Hello Jasper's Mom,
         You surely have a very special connection to your beautiful "sailor kitty" Jasper. Again, a letter so beautifully expressed by a Mom that knows her special boy so very well. It is inspiring and hopeful to read such lovely words. Thank You for sharing a letter from Jasper, the love you share will always transcend time and space, forever!...... hugs to you..........Sincerely, Andrea
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Thank you so much camunki, rachbu, Joe, Diana, shantismom, and Andrea for your wonderful and thoughtful words about my letter from Jasper. I just started writing and the words seemed to come so fast with such ease and without any thought, so I know I must have somehow channeled Jasper's energy. We all have such a strong and unbreakable connection with our dear pets. I do believe that every single one of your beautiful babies feels exactly the same way as my boy, they know how very much you love them, they know how very much you miss them, and they are watching over you, now and forever. Thank you again for your kindness and support, it truly means the world to me. Hugs to you all from me and my Jasper.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
bartlett
What a loving tribute to your sweet Jasper. I've just had my cry for the day. You have such a way with words that some of us don't have, myself included, but we all feel what you are saying. I feel for those who have never experienced the love of a pet and even though the heartbreak of losing them is extreme the joy they brought to our lives is so great that we would do it all over again.
Your Jasper had a great mom there's no doubt. I know my heart was wrapped up in my Chester man and I used to call him my angel boy--and now he really is.
Chester's mom (Joan)
joan bartlett
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Joan, thank you so much for your very kind words in response to my post. Your words are so filled with the love you have for your dear Chester, and I am sure he can feel that forever love even now. Chester is very lucky to have a mom who loves him so very much, that no time or distance could ever break  that special bond you both share. You are so right that our precious little ones bring us such joy and happiness, that we  would do it all over again, in spite of the sadness and heartbreak of having to say goodbye to them, way too soon.

I suppose they are given to us as a very special gift, and they are only with us for such a short time, but we will see them again, of this I have no doubt. You do have a wonderful way with words Joan, and you expressed your feelings so beautifully, your words were written straight from your heart, and filled with such devotion to your special boy. That is just how I write, straight from my heart and straight from my soul. Thank you again so much for your thoughtful and kind words of support, it really means so very much to me, as I walk through this world without the little light of my life. I miss him so much, and I know how much you must miss your sweet baby. Hugs to you and your angel boy Chester, from me and my Jasper. 
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0