maripossabb
This morning, my beloved baby Max died at only 5 years old. He's a corgi, and they're meant to live up to 12-15 years.

He ingested poisonous berries that grew in our backyard and we knew he was sick and didn't think to take him to the vet. We thought it was the new food we were feeding our dogs.

I'm heartbroken and beyond devastated. Words cannot describe this pain. I've never had a pet die before. He was the first one. And he was way too young.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
This is so difficult. My little dogs reacted to different food by getting upset tummies so it's understandable that you wouldn't suspect poison. I know you are very sad and I am very sorry for your loss. Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 1 0
zakatak
I am understanding your pain all too well.  I lost my Great Dane puppy, Duncan, last Wednesday 3/28 suddenly to a fatal heart arrhythmia.  He had a clean bill of health from the vet and was in perfect condition.  Our day was normal and he went to lay on the couch for a nap.  I heard a horrible howl/moan, ran to him and he was gone.  

It is such a blow when you aren't expecting something like this.  It is very traumatic.  I am doubting everything now.  

I was so careful with him with bloat, feedings, etc... it just never occurred to me that a puppy could have a heart attack.  His autopsy showed NO congenital issues at all and all his vet visits were perfect.

I wish I could help you with the pain.  It's just unbearable.  

<3  Karen
Karen

*  Duncan the Dane - taken WAY too soon (7/27/17 - 3/28/18)
*  Missing Dudley the Newf (3/13/08 - 6/12/17)
Quote 0 0
Chewie
I too understand your immense pain. My pup hung himself in my backyard a week ago. I am so sorry. I hear it gets better with time. Big hugs and prayers to you!
Quote 0 0
maripossabb
Thank you to all of you for your support. I'm sorry for all of your losses. I know condolences don't bring our babies back, but still. 
It hurts even worse when our pups get robbed of the years ahead of them that they could have had. But all of our little babies are having lots of fun in doggy heaven! Max didn't have a mean bone in his body, so I'm sure they're all getting along. (: <3
Quote 0 0