mweymark Show full post »
mweymark
There is incredible sadness in my posts.  Mostly I am able to put on a brave face and face society, work each day among other adults.  Smile and laugh with my family. But that special spot on my heart that belongs to Peet is empty and it aches.  Its ridiculous right?  I am a grown woman responsible for lives and a strong woman at that.  How is it possible that this being...this little tiny pulse of light in a world full of darkness...how is it possible that the lose of Peet could ruin me so completely?  Can anyone explain to me, in a logical way, how this has just decimated me so completely?
Mel
Quote 0 0
Juliarose4
I wanna know to, does it get any easier. I lost my bunny 2 nights ago and it’s like your world is crashing down. I try to keep busy as much as possible. But I completely understand how you’re feeling . Feel better!!
Quote 0 0
RileysMom
Honestly, it’s simple, nothing complicated. It’s because you loved him.

In one of your previous posts, you stated he gave you purpose and helped you through a time of pain. With him gone, you no longer have that same purpose. That alone is enough to make a person mourn and have difficulty functioning.

But then there’s the scientific aspect. When we are bonded with our pets, it’s because of chemical responses in our brain. Just even a few minutes of petting our dogs causes a release of hormones, including serotonin, prolactin and oxytocin. Feel good hormones, as they’re called. Petting them also decreases cortisol, the stress hormone. These hormone benefits happen when we interact with our own pets, not strange ones. This is something that is hard wired into humans. Animals help with our overall sense of well being, our health, and help to stabilize us.

Many people here view their pets as their “fur babies”, and science supports that. They activate the same hormonal response that bonds us to human babies. A study found that when dogs and their owners gazed into each other’s eyes for a time, dogs had a 130% increase in oxytocin, the owners had a 300% increase. (Oxytocin being the bonding hormone, also known as the love or cuddle hormone.) This is the same exact oxytocin positive feedback loop that is seen between mothers and their infants. You’ve lost your baby. So, do you wonder why you grieve so? All of this explains why humans and their dogs bond so tightly. That bond is strong and profound.

Do you really think the loss of that is going to be easy peasy? No, not at all.

I hope that’s logical enough to explain everything and that it helps. I also hope that you’re continuing to hang in there. Many hugs to you!
Val
—Loving Riley, Rosy & Axl always 🐾

Quote 1 0
COOKIES4
mweymark wrote:
Someone tell me please that it at least gets easier.  Its been two months since I lost my baby bear Peet and I am still crying all the time.  The image of him...I cant get it out of my head.  My heart aches every single moment of every single day and I get darker and angrier and more depressed. Baby Bear.jpg 

Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
I POSTED For Peet does the pain go away and think it never went through. So again we lost our feather baby Sparky our 29 year old precious Cockatiel. He was not sick. He,was smart, loving and talked and understood everything. My heart is broken, I sob every day. We say prayers several times a day. His remainS a are here in a urn inside a soft bag surrounded by his stuffed babies. I barely eat rarely sleep more then 2 hrs out of 24. Listening to audiobooks from the library is all the comfort I have. It us 60 days today. Prayers for Peet and all otherS suffering. Joan and Jim Sparky's mommy and daddy
Is it his memorial residency on RainbowsBridge.
Quote 0 0