Moni
I just lost my baby Jose I had him for17 years.after lots of anguish I had him set free today.i keep thinking maybe I could make him better but age caught up withhim. I feel lost without him my constant companion.
Monica Cisneros
Quote 0 0
camunki
sorry for the loss of your Jose and I don't ever think the pain goes away, yes in time is does subside, but never goes away. I think we all have a chunk of our hearts taken away when our pets go to heaven. We miss them, love them, talk to them, think of them every single day..........they are forever part of us.

Time will heal all wounds, but never takes away that chunk of our heart that was taken away when they leave us physically...

Cam

Quote 1 0
Neo
Sorry that this happened Monica. I think this is a good place to be during this time. Here with other pet owners who understand, and are lost as well. If there's anything I can do or you just need a friend, i am here to talk whenever
Quote 0 0
Sam2802
So sorry Hun for Ur loss, I know exactly how your feeling I had to set my baby free on Saturday night after a sudden illness, I have cried non stop for 3 days now and feel like life is never going to be same again but all these feelings are natural so I have been told, and I have also been told time is a great healer but you never truly get over it just becomes more bearable .xxx
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Hi Moni. I had to have my sweet wonderful black cat Raven put down due to kidney failure and a tumor on her liver just before Easter. It was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever had to do and believe it or not I'm taking it harder than even my Mom and my grandma's passing. Raven was always there for me even when the humans were being complete jerks. I got her for Easter as a tiny baby a few years after my Mom passed and having her around filled a huge void in my soul. When my grandma got cross with me and later when her dementia got bad Raven was my rock. So when I had to say goodbye to her my world shattered. I've got my other cats the newts and the snails to look after so that helps but there's just this huge gaping hole in our family. I've found helping others lessens the pain a bit. I don't think it ever really goes away for good but when I spend time outside with my other cats or let Houdini my little garden snail crawl on my face and tickle me I remember I have so much to be thankful for. Talk to your little buddy just like you did when he was alive. Buy a special trinket or download a song that sums up your relationship. I know this isn't much help but I hope it brings you some comfort knowing you're not alone.
Blessed be, Marie and the rest of the crew 🐱🐶
Quote 0 0
Moni
Thank you for the wonderful thoughts.I have lost many pets and still have my 4cats but Jose was my dog and feel like maybe I should of let him go naturally.I have guilt and sorrow but I know you can't keep them forever.I know he has only been gone a short time but I can't eat talk with anyone with out crying. How long can this pain last.finding this website is helping for I know there are others that know my pain
Monica Cisneros
Quote 1 0
Ozziemom
Hi Moni I can relate I lost my dog Ozzie 4 days ago and it's been tough I had Ozzie for 14 years almost 15 he was my everything i too am at a loss i can't eat or talk to anyone without crying also I am having a hard time staying at home it was only Ozzie and I for this long so it's tough having to come home to emptiness and it's quite lonely I do have family that loved Ozzie too and I am thankful they are near and support me but i feel guilty about not being able to come home like i used to I always had a reason and now that he is gone its too painful i am so sorry you are going through this my heart goes out to you and I too am thankful that there are others here that feel my pain my heart is so heavy
Quote 1 0
Claudia90
Hi Moni,

You shouldn't second guess yourself if you did the right thing. It's never easy taking this decision, but put yourself in his shoes. If you were in pain, tired, knew your end was near. You would have stopped it if you could. 

You put his needs over your own, and that's a bravery worth admiring. I lost a precious friend too two days ago. I don't know if the pain will ever go away. But I know that I will see her again when my life on this earth has ended. Until then, I will keep holding on and share the love that she taught me. You should do the same, for there are things that an amazing furry friend can teach you, that other people cannot. 

Keep his memories close, grief for him, speak to the empty walls, because I'm sure he can hear you. And you will be reunited, and then you can tell him about all the wonderful things that happened in your life once he was gone, and he will be grateful for that.

Bless you

The saddest moment is when the one who gave you the best memories,
Becomes a memory.

Quote 0 0
Ozziemom
Claudia90 wrote:
Hi Moni,

You shouldn't second guess yourself if you did the right thing. It's never easy taking this decision, but put yourself in his shoes. If you were in pain, tired, knew your end was near. You would have stopped it if you could. 

You put his needs over your own, and that's a bravery worth admiring. I lost a precious friend too two days ago. I don't know if the pain will ever go away. But I know that I will see her again when my life on this earth has ended. Until then, I will keep holding on and share the love that she taught me. You should do the same, for there are things that an amazing furry friend can teach you, that other people cannot. 

Keep his memories close, grief for him, speak to the empty walls, because I'm sure he can hear you. And you will be reunited, and then you can tell him about all the wonderful things that happened in your life once he was gone, and he will be grateful for that.

Bless you
Quote 0 0
Ozziemom
Claudia you wrote it perfectly it's been 5 days for me losing Ozzie and I cry everyday for as long as it takes I try to come home everyday and stay a little longer I do talk to him when I am home I have to whatever it takes to help me grieve it isn't easy but I truly do believe that our beloved pets don't want us to be sad but they do understand the love we had for them It's lonely and the emptiness I feel is painful but I too try to keep myself occupied too as long as I can and try to get through everyday as hard as it is its the hardest thing I have ever endeared thus far in my life I love you Ozzie with all my being and thank you Claudia you helped me a little get through the day and I truly am so sorry for your loss bless you
Quote 0 0