LexyBaby
This is not getting easier. Still can't believe that my little Mayhem is gone. How I miss him cuddling near me at night or barking as soon as he would hear my car. I hate how quiet this house seems. My daughter has strep and refuses to talk making it that much quieter. I knows it's only been 2 days since his passing but I can't seem to feel ok. It feels like I'm carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. The guilt of not being here with him is really bothering me. I love my little guy so much. I pray that my daughter heals faster from this loss than I do. Miss him so much.
Missing my LexyBaby...xoxo
Quote 0 0
Lizzy
Be kind to yourself.  Two days is nothing. Allow yourself to grieve, to hurt, to cry; you have suffered a great, great loss.  I have found this site to be most supportive group of people who TRULY understand the pain and put themselves out there to help you get through...lean.  xoxoxo
Quote 0 0
patent123
Lizzy is right its only been two days so don't be to hard on yourself.  Its been almost 3 months for me and I am still completely heart broken.  Its sad to say but life goes on.  We still have to get up each day take care of our responsibilities whatever they may be and carry on.  Our pain we feel about losing that special someone is always there.  After a bout a month I thought I was getting better.  Now I realize I was just keeping busy my mind wasn't allowed to wander to much.  I know with time we will all come to terms with our loss...for some its a week, a month, and others years.  Give yourself time to process everything.  It takes time and in the end we learn to handle our grief.  Its best to always come here when your having a hard day.  Sadly for many of us people in our circle at home don't truly understand the pain of losing an animal...even if they have pets of their own its hard to understand someone else's pain if you aren't going through it in that moment  as well.  I hope your daughter heals quickly to... times like these can be confusing and painful for children (depending on their age) my daughter who just turned 3 is having a hard time understanding.  She thought we just gave our girl away so she holds a lot of anger and sadness on the situation...I hope your daughter can understand it better and process things in a healthy way.  Even though shes not ready to talk now just make sure you let it be known your always there to vent to.  Its always nice to have that someone you can talk to during hard times.
Quote 0 0
LexyBaby
Ty. I just have so much guilt about not being with him when it happened, like I couldve prevented it somehow. It was just so unexpected. My daughter is 8 and found him. She seems to be doing ok now. She was devastated. I have him on my mind all day every day. I miss him so much.
Missing my LexyBaby...xoxo
Quote 0 0
patent123
I understand the guilt.  My girl was put to sleep after a back injury.  I felt a lot of guilt for not being able to fix her.  So I can only imagine how you feel.  Your daughter although younger I'm sure is feeling her own pain right now.  When I was that age I got a bunny and sadly over night she died and I found her.  I didn't have her long so we hadn't developed much of a bond like I'm sure your daughter had with her dog but it still really hurt me that I wasn't there for her or aware of any potential illness.  What helped me was I buried her on a hill top at my grandmas.  I know doing this with dogs is a little different but maybe ask your daughter if she wants to do something special with you in honor of your dog.  My daughter whose just 3 got it in her head our dog became a butterfly.  So we purchased a butterfly kit and once its warm out we are going to watch butterflies grow in a cocoon and when they're ready we are going to release them.  Perhaps you kind find something that represents your family.  

I hope you feel better soon...its been almost 3 months for me and my girl is ALWAYS on my mind.  Try and focus on memories that make you laugh and smile.  Its hard but to do at times but it does bring some happiness.  
Quote 0 0