JinglesMom
I wrote this for my three beloved little kitties ~ Jingles, Jasper, and Pootie Tang. My beautiful babies, so small, so sweet. so soon, so loved.

Do you see me as I struggle through the endless days without you?
Do you hear me call out your name in the darkness of the night?
Do you see my tears fall as I reach out my arms to hold you, and you are not there?
Do you know that I would have moved heaven and earth in order to save you?
Do you know that I wait for you to meet me in the twilight of my dreams?
Do you know that I will never love anything or anyone as much as I love you?
Do you know the incredible sweetness and joy you brought into my world?
Do you know that no stopping of your dear little heartbeat could ever keep us apart?
Do you know that I miss you with every ounce of my being?
Do you know that you will always and forever be my once in a lifetime?
Do you know how beyond grateful and blessed I am to have been your mommy?
Do you know that when you crossed that bridge, I was still holding onto you every step of the way?
Do you know that when my journey here is over, your sweet little faces will be the first ones I look for?
Do you know that I would walk through the valley of the shadow to find you?
Do you know that I thank God every single day for giving you to me, even if only for a little while?
Do you know that giving you back was the hardest thing I have ever done?
Do you know that I will love you forever and a day, until the end of time?
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 1 0
SkippysDad
That’s beautiful Pamela. Thank you for putting into words what so many of us feel.
Skippy’s Dad
Quote 1 0
Mysweetsimba
That's a lovely poem. It's the things we wish we could say. I told my boy that it was ok for him to leave the world when we were driving him to the vet, I saw how he was and needed him to know that I wanted him 'forever and a day' but if he was ready and wanted to leave, we were so incredibly greatful that he allowed us to have him our lives. My sweet boy. How are you not here with us anymore??
Quote 0 0
JinglesMom
SkippysDad wrote:
That’s beautiful Pamela. Thank you for putting into words what so many of us feel.

Dear SkippysDad,

Thank you so much for your very kind words and reply about my poetic tribute to my kitties. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Skipper. I see that he was seventeen years old when he took his journey across the bridge, that is the same age of my beloved boy Jingles when he crossed over. What a beautiful kitty your Skipper is, he is absolutely stunning. I have always loved grey cats, and his fur just looks so soft, he is quite the handsome one for sure. I tell you, this is just so hard, having them with us for so long, being such a huge part of our family and our whole world, and then one day we look around, and they are just not there. I wish I had the right words that would make the rough edges of this awful grief struggle just a bit softer for you, but all I can say is to always remember that your boy is still so close, and he will always be with you, in every way that counts. The special bond we have with them can never be broken, and we will see them again, of this I have no doubt. Please try to keep hope in your heart for brighter days ahead, with the sweet love and light of your special boy guiding your path. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for comfort and healing. My heart truly goes out to you in this profound loss of your beautiful little one. Pamela
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
JinglesMom
Mysweetsimba wrote:
That's a lovely poem. It's the things we wish we could say. I told my boy that it was ok for him to leave the world when we were driving him to the vet, I saw how he was and needed him to know that I wanted him 'forever and a day' but if he was ready and wanted to leave, we were so incredibly greatful that he allowed us to have him our lives. My sweet boy. How are you not here with us anymore??
i

Dear Mysweetsimba,

Thank you so much for your kind words about my poem to my three little ones. I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet Simba. He is absolutely beautiful, and he really does remind me so much of a little lion. I have always loved orange kitties, and your boy is just stunning and is as handsome as can be. Within a little over five years, I have lost the three little loves of my life, so I really do understand what you are going through. I understand the unbelievable sadness and the utter devastation of not having them by our side anymore. With each loss, I did not think I would be able to make it through, but I did. I kept hope in my heart and faith in my soul, and I prayed with every ounce of my being. My prayers were answered and God has never, ever let me down, and has always helped me keep my head above water when I thought I would go under, and for that I am beyond grateful. 

I can so relate when you write "How are you not here with us anymore"? It just feels so bad, and it just feels so wrong, and to tell you the truth, nothing will ever make it right. But as the days and months go by, the pain and the sadness will ease up just a bit and become a little softer. You will one day be able to smile at the sweet photos and the wonderful memories, but it does take time. I miss my sweet little loves more than words could ever say, but I can still feel them with me. My beloved cat Jasper made his journey across the bridge over five years ago, and he is as close to me now as when he was physically here. He was only seven years old, and he lost his battle with a brain tumor which took him in a matter of three days.

My precious little Pootie Tang was taken from me a year and a half ago at the age of thirteen from cancer, and it was just so sad to watch her slowly decline and to see the spark go out of her beautiful eyes. My darling Jingles was seventeen years old when he died in my arms just this past January. It happened so quickly that there was no time to even get him to the animal hospital, and I watched him struggle for every breath at the end. I do believe that time is what took him from me, and maybe he had a stroke or heart event. Even now, I try to not focus on our last days and moments, because the joy and the love so surpasses the sorrow of those sorrowful goodbyes.

I am so thankful that Jingles and I had so many years together, but it could never be long enough, I would always want more. So hold on tight to the sweetness and joy that your special boy brought into your world, and know without a shadow of doubt that he is still so close, and he can feel your love for him even now. I wish you brighter days ahead filled with the light and love of your sweet little guy, keep hope and faith in your heart, your dear little boy would not want it any other way. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for peace and healing, and always remember that your special Simba is as close as you calling out his name. The bond cannot be broken, and the love never ends, it just keeps getting stronger. We will see them in a kinder, gentler place, and we will never ever have to let them go again. Pamela
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Sil
JinglesMom,

This is painfully beautiful.  Because every word is true.  You express what my heart feels.  For me, it has been two years, one month and days.  And, I have learned to adapt to the pain.  Because to deny the loss is to deny all the love I feel for my fur baby.  Again, thanks for such beautiful poem.
Quote 0 0
JinglesMom
Sil wrote:
JinglesMom,

This is painfully beautiful.  Because every word is true.  You express what my heart feels.  For me, it has been two years, one month and days.  And, I have learned to adapt to the pain.  Because to deny the loss is to deny all the love I feel for my fur baby.  Again, thanks for such beautiful poem.

Dear Sil,

Thank you so much for your sweet words about my poem. I was reading over one of your threads, and I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful doggie Sol. I know just what you mean about learning to adapt to the pain, we do find a way to live with it and to blend it into our life. So I see it has been a little over two years that your baby crossed the bridge. On this coming February 3, it will have been six years since my Jasper made his journey into his new world, and left me completely empty and devastated. My Pootie Tang left this world a year and a half ago in late February, which truly broke my heart, and I had to say such a sad goodbye to my darling Jingles on the last day of January of this year. I am so grateful that I made it through these deep and profound losses, thanks be to my family, my friends here on this forum, and my loving God, who has never left my side or let me down. He has been my refuge time and time again, when I wanted to give up and throw in the towel, He gave me hope in my heart and courage in my soul to keep on going. I am beyond thankful for my faith that has brought me out of the darkness and into the light, time and time again.

I love how you named your special boy Sol which means the sun, what a beautiful and fitting name for such a beautiful soul. Your love for him shines through every single word you write to him. My boy Jingles was given to me very close to Christmas, so hence the name Jingles, and his nickname was Jingleberry. Every time I say his name it is so bittersweet, because I miss him so much. I miss all my sweet babies more than words could ever say. It is an ache and a longing that never goes away. I know that you understand this so well, because you have been through it. It is the hardest thing ever to look around and not see them there, it just feels so bad, and it just feels so wrong. So I try to focus on our bright and shiny days together, filled with such joy, and a love that knows no bounds. My Jingles, Jasper, and Pootie Tang changed my life and my world, and made me who I am today, and who I will be tomorrow. I am so grateful that I was able to be their mom, even if only for a little while on this earth. Now I am mommy to three of the sweetest dearest little angels across the sky and beyond the rainbow.

Thank you again Sil for your lovely words about my poetic tribute to my kitties. I wish you peace and hope in the coming days, and please know that you and your sweet Sol will be in my thoughts and prayers today, tomorrow, and always. I wish you brighter days ahead filled with the light and love of your special boy guiding your path. You know he is still so close and he can still feel your love for him even now, and always remember that he is as close as your calling out his name. You may not be able to see him with your eyes, but you will always be able to feel him with your heart, and he is there for all eternity. Take Care, Pamela 

Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0