Mandypeekie Show full post »
Memories_of_Marmalade

To me personally? If I get to see my cat Marmalade again by some miracle (an afterlife / Heaven?), it will be an incredible BONUS. But God does not owe me anything.

God already provided me with "paradise on Earth", each time my Marmalade welcomed me home, sat on my lap, purred because he was happy to be with me, gave me companionship, unconditional love, adoration, affection, loyalty and devotion and made me laugh and smile every single day and night that I knew him. So I look at it as - I am grateful and blessed to have ever even met and known my boy Marmalade in the first place. I have no expectations. Even for myself.

To me, I want to be a good person because of what God has ALREADY provided me with. I don't need to be rewarded any further. I was rewarded simply by being conceived, born and having lived to a ripe old age. And to have met my "Tiger-Man." Who gave me so, so much sheer joy and happiness. For the time that we were allotted together. Who taught me how to be content and live in the moment. That paradise is a state of mind.

If I awaken when I die? And Marmalade is there to greet me? I will be completely overjoyed. But I can not expect or demand that. I am humbled that I ever got the chance to know and to have loved him. And that he loved me in return. I am grateful. I was and am very blessed.

: )   
Quote 1 0
xxcesarxx
Jasmines mom
The pastor said that but ask God and he will give you a different answer. 😇
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

No man can speak for God. No man. Not even the Pope.  God speaks to each of us directly, when we allow God to, through many ways, some very subtle. God is in the breeze. God is in the wind. God is in the sun. God is in a flower. God is in a butterfly. Sometimes God communicates to us through circumstance. Some through the lessons we are taught and learn. At times through our great loss, pain and suffering. At times through our joy, happiness and laughter. As God did when we spent good and loving times with our lost loved ones.

I trust in God. I do not trust in man. I will never trust in man. No one can. For man has his own private agendas. And man is dishonest, flawed and imperfect. Man is only a vessel. He may convey a message properly or he may completely misinterpret. Only God can speak to you and with you. In my opinion. And what am I...just a man. But the above is what I have experienced. It is my personal testimony.

James
Quote 0 0
DogNana
Mandypeekie wrote:
Is there a rainbow bridge? Am I going to see her again or are we just making ourselves believe this because of our pain? Because maybe it feels better to believe it. We don’t know for sure do we? I ask God and Mandy to give me a sign that she’s okay. I pray and cry every night. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I had to put her down. It’s so hard to function. I hate being home cause she’s not here. I hate pulling up in the driveway cause her little face isn’t there sitting and waiting for me. I hate going to talk to her and she’s not here. I feel like I can’t take this pain anymore. So is the bridge someone’s fantasy they started just to ease the pain? And people who loved their pets keep wanting to believe it so we have something to hold on to? We don’t really know do we?

I’m not a religious person. But in my heart I believe I will see my boy again. I may be wrong but believing it helps me. Sometimes I visualize it happening and how happy he will be to see me and how happy I’ll be.

We have no control over what will be but there’s nothing wrong with wishing, hoping and believing.
Oscar, always Mommy’s Boy, forever in my ❤️ 
Quote 0 0
FishChris
Memories_of_Marmalade wrote:

"
There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, / Than are dreamt of in your philosophy [science]."

- William Shakespeare Hamlet

“Not only is the Universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think.”

― Werner Heisenberg, theoretical physicist and one of the key pioneers of quantum mechanics. "Across The Frontiers" 

We obviously don't know for certain, but each year physicists are discovering that there is much more that we don't understand about the mysterious and infinitely vast Universe that we live in, than we could have imagined.

I believe personally believe that the "Rainbow Bridge" (the portal to "Heaven") and "Heaven" may in fact be other dimensions. And that our lost loved ones are limited at times, in how they can communicate with us from those dimensions.

Think about it, human beings are quite often known for being cynical, suspicious, doubtful, arrogant, critical, jaded and lazy by nature. And yet billions and billions of them all over the World believe that there is something to an "afterlife." To the point of worshiping a higher power. I don't think it is just wishful thinking or fear of their own mortality. I believe they sense that something is truly "out there." And this has been going on for thousands and thousands of years. 

I have experienced more surreal, borderlining on supernatural and paranormal phenomenon, the years that I was with my cat Marmalade than in the many decades prior to his coming into my life. I'm not sure what awaits us on "the other side", but there is something to the belief that there is a higher, benevolent power in our lives and in the Universe. I have experienced it countless times. 

But if by some chance, there is really nothing awaiting us? And our beloved's are truly gone forever? And we are all only shadows and dust? We should still be honored, grateful and feel very, very blessed that during our time existing here on Earth, of all of the possibilities that could have come our way in life, our beloved pets paths crossed with ours, and for a time we knew true, unconditional love. And that should be more than enough for us. As either way, for a time, life was very good indeed. 

: )

James
Animal lover and photographer
Quote 1 0
FishChris
James, that was an excellent response !

So for starters, I am anything but, a religious fanatic (unlike my GF). I rarely go to church, and I have kind of bounced around with my religious beliefs over the years.
But I have experienced things in my life, which absolutely could not be explained by science (spiritual, supernatural). I don't have hours to go into it, and even if I did, I wouldn't even expect anyone to believe the unbelievable stuff I have experienced. Even so, I don't know how that translates to some guy in the sky, and living happily ever after ?
But I kind of look at this way..... Either "I will see my Sadie Mae and all of my other passed loved ones again someday".... "Or I won't ever know or worry about it again"

My GF really wants me to become more spiritual like her. And here's the thing, the older I get, the more I feel like, It can't hurt. If it's true, great ! If it's not, I'll never know about it anyway.
I had actually told my GF, as crazy as it might sound, I'm more inclined to find, and stay on the right path, with the hope of seeing our Sadie Mae again, than I really am over my past humans.... Although that wouldn't be a bad thing either.... Then I said, besides, Sadie's faster... So I could see her beating them to the gate 🙂
.......and that talk talk ended with both a laugh, and a cry 😀😢
Animal lover and photographer
Quote 1 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
"Even so, I don't know how that translates to some guy in the sky, and living happily ever after ?"

I concur. To me we have already been provided with "Paradise" here on Earth. Earth is a paradise, humankind continues to destroy it. We should be good stewards of the Earth and we simply are not. We have turned it into a giant toxic junkyard, cesspool, toilet bowl. Humankind mistreats animals. Tampers with nature. Destroys perfect fruits and vegetables by GMO alteration.

I personally think it is arrogant and narcissistic to think that we should be rewarded for being a good person by being immortal for all eternity. As if being conceived, born and living on this incredible planet, with all of it's wonderful blessings, is not enough. I do not expect to awaken after I pass away on a cloud, with wings, playing a violin and eating grapes for the rest of time. If Heaven does exist? I believe it may be another dimension and we will not be in human form. But no one really knows.

I do not / will not live in fear of my own mortality. I accept that at some point, perhaps soon, my life will end. I have been blessed to have had a long life, and one filled with incredible experiences and countless, cherished memories.

I am grateful and blessed. I do believe there is a loving, giving and benevolent spirit in the Universe. I do believe fate and destiny exist. But I will not demand more than I have already been given. When my Marmalade was alive I experienced Heaven here on Earth. He was an angel to me. He brought me peace, contentment and gratitude on a scale I had never known before. He saved my life many times.

I used to thank God for the time that Marmalade and I were allotted. If I see Marmalade again? It will be a bonus. But I have zero expectations that I ever will.

All best,
James

Quote 0 0