ShadowDad Show full post »
curt
hungry animal.jpg 
Quote 3 0
Max147
Wow that is amazing, you never know your lovely cat could be Willow, they say they can return in all guises. I hope she continues to give you much pleasure & comfort - not a replacement for Willow as nothing can replace a beloved pet but you make room in your heart for another.

I am not ready to think about another dog just yet.  I do walk & pet sit for friends & volunteer & support a local animal shelter & other charities.   I am so sensitive about animals, especially dogs, I cant bear to see them suffering.  My Max had several health conditions & we were always at the vets, especially towards the end & it ripped my heart from my chest every time I had to leave him at the hospital.  He was such a mummy's boy & one time he had to have an operation he pined & barked so much he lost his voice.   I'm welling up just thinking about what he had to endure, my poor little boy 😪.    

I have heard that saying before & it is so very true.  People who have never had a pet will never understand the connection we have to them nor have the compassion for others who have lost one.

Enjoy your lovely cat, she sounds just the medicine you need.  I can tell you care for her deeply by the way you talk about her 🥰.

Hugs & thanks x

Quote 1 0
Flori
I am very sorry for your loss. I was wondering if you had a supporting family or friends who could perhaps help you. I know talking about your grief could help you.
 I feel like you but it has only being 3  and a half months. Our beloved cat has been ran over and I am devastated but I am trying to find ways to get through it.I have read some books which have helped.  I was wondering if you thought about pet bereavement counselling. I go to the Ralph site and I know it has helped many. I am thinking of going if I carry on like that. I was thinking about asking advice to my vet. 
i know it is very hard and I cannot wait to think about happy times I had with Monty. But I am not there yet but I am hoping I will be eventually. Take care 
Quote 2 0
djobe
This is exactly to the T how I feel.  I lost my Bassett Libby 3 weeks ago. I just can't seem to overcome this grief.  It's hard to explain.  People around me friends family don't understand.
jobe
Quote 0 0
MrSmithster
Do you have any pics of Max? I looked at your profile but didnt see any. 
MrSmithster
Quote 0 0
Max147
I have lots of pictures & videos of my beloved boy but I can't seem to successfully post them as they seem to be too big!  I'm not very tech savvy I'm afraid so I'm stuck with a blank picture box!  Have you any pics of your beautiful Willow ?
Quote 2 0
CharliesMom2012
Yes, my beautiful tabby kitty Charlie was like a guide, a light, a soul I lost over 3 months ago and I cry everyday, and can not even get around to looking at the pictures to make an album. 
I am waiting for him to come sniff my face, answer me when I call his name (he chirped, rather than a meow and it was the cutest thing)  and was just the best brother to my Marshmallow whom I adopted at the same time. 
I can't deal. I miss him so much. So much.
Quote 1 0
MrSmithster
At the bottom of my original post are a few pics of Willow. Thanks for asking

https://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post/willow-passing-10126247?pid=1308483473
MrSmithster
Quote 1 0
Lynnmac
I am so sorry for your loss. The pictures of your darling Willow are so precious and she was clearly a much loved companion. It is so difficult when they cross the rainbow bridge but seek comfort that you and she will
meet again and the delight and love you brought to each other. Thank you for sharing these pictures. 
Quote 1 0
LaGata
Hi Shadowdad...I feel your pain, it's become a constant companion instead of my LaGata.  It's six months this week and I've been so depressed.  I sometimes think that l need to see a doc, but the stigma associated with it keeps me away.  I don't work much, don't eat much, and I'm not living any life at all.  I can't remember the last time I smiled.  Pouring out my pain here brings some relief...I hope it helps you too.
Quote 0 0
ShadowDad
Thank you so much LaGata.  It's almost been 9 months now.  I am always sad, and I am still having problems with accepting that my girl is gone from my life.  It's been traumatic for me because I wrapped my whole world around her.  She was my everything and I needed nothing but her.  We went through some tough times together me and my girl, and forged a bond that will never break.  I know that life on this earth is temporary and that our true home awaits along with our babies.  It's hard to comprehend that our babies who have passed are actually "home" and that we are still left to struggle through a not so nice world until we go home to be with them.  Prayers for your peace and comfort.
Quote 1 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear ShadowDad,

That is how I feel when you wrote you "needed nothing but her." All I needed was my cat "Marmalade." I had lost so many friends, family and business associates etc. And even neighbors over the years. I really found I could either not trust any of them as they were disloyal, would lie, betray, gossip, set me up, plot, scheme and abandoned me when I needed them, after I had helped so many of them over the years, or they were into negative drama which never ended. In the end my boy was the only one who was loyal, devoted, steadfast and true. He was my best bud. My son. My compadre. It will have been 2 years and 3 months in 5 days for me since my lad departed. And I am still heartbroken. 

As I've written, one of the primary reasons I still trudge through life is my renewed faith in God. That God crossed my path with Marmalade must have been by design, as without Marmalade coming into my life when he did? I am 100% certain I would have taken my own life in 2016/2017. Another reason I am still among the living is as long as I am alive, someone will remember Marmalade. Even if it is only a short time in the timeline of the Universe, I want to hold onto my memories of how special he was, before I vanish.

Your words are always profound and resonate with me and so many others here. As I have written before, you are an asset to this community and the forum. I am praying for you and pulling for you brother.

All my best regards,
James
Quote 2 0
LaylaForeverinmyHeart

Dear ShadowDad,
 First of I am really sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. I lost my precious girl two months ago and I had her for almost 15 years (she was 6 weeks away from turning 15). To say I am heartbroken is an understatement. I cry everyday and just think about her all the time. Life is so different without her. Nothing feels the same anymore. I really miss her so much! My heart breaks for you and everyone on this forum. This is a such a difficult thing to cope with, I truly don’t know if I ever will. She will always have a piece of my heart. It will never be whole again. I pray God will make it easier for all of us and keep our fur babies safe until we are together with them again. 

Take care

Yana 
Quote 1 0
giselle112
I 100% feel the same way, my baby Rex recently passed away on Sunday 8/9/20. I feel like i’m going crazy in my head because EVERYTHING i’m doing i still have him in my mind, i’m talking to him out loud begging him to show me a sign he’s okay, i’m looking at everything / everywhere i am just to see if i can see one sign. It’s making me feel miserable i just need to know he’s okay. I miss him like crazy and it’s only been 3 days. I haven’t been back to my apartment yet because i know it’ll break me and i’m 100% moving out from there because i wouldn’t be able to sleep there knowing he’s not with me anymore. I know exactly how you feel.. I don’t even care to return back to work because what’s the point ? Don’t care to watch tv because i can’t focus i keep thinking of my baby, barely eating because he’s not at the side of my chair begging for a piece, I don’t think i’ll ever get back to the person i was before he passed. 
Giselle
Quote 0 0
Michelemh
Shadowdad - It will be one year next month I lost the love of my life. I feel the same way as you describe in your first entry. I can't seem to move past her loss. She was my everything. All the things we did I have no interest in. I would like to go back to hiking but all the memories are with her. I try to do things that did make me happy but the same kind of happy feeling is no longer there.

Michele
Quote 0 0