Crose8
I just lost my best friend rayray last Tuesday. The last few months were really hard and I feel I couldn't give him as much attention with our new baby. As he got sicker it was hard to do anything with him all he wanted to do was sleep and no longer seemed excited to see me. I've been reading a lot about dogs memories and I'm so confused by everything that says dogs don't remember things. I want to know that my dog rembered all the walks and treats and love he received before he got sick and before the baby came. It would bring me so much peace to know he rembered all those things and that he knew he was loved.
Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
I'm so sorry for your loss. He is very handsome. I believe dogs remember everything in their lives. I had a session with an animal communicator and we spoke to 3 of our dogs. They all spoke of things that they had done with us while they were here on Earth. Your baby remembers. He'll never forget because you share each other's souls. Sending prayers your way.
Quote 0 0
Eddiesmom
They remember.  I have to many stories that tell me so. There is no way I'll ever believe they don't remember.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Sue E
Quote 0 0
KatiesMom
They remember, how else would they learn from their mom and from us, their human? Maybe they cannot reflect on things they experience, like humans do - but they remember. And hopefully one day, science will arrive at acknowledging all the wonderful things, animals know and can do. It is getting there slowly. When I was young, one of my professors vehemently denied that animals have their languages. Well, be was wrong as we all know now.

GunnersMamma, whom did you speak to, if you don't mind sharing the name of your communicator? Was it on the phone?
Quote 0 0
elliemeewiz

Im so sorry for your loss of rayray.. ((((((hugs)))))) to you<3
Of course they remember.. they remember everything I'm sure. Our beagle mitzi remembered us and jumped straight into our car overjoyed when we went to pick her up from her home on a farm when we were away for a year and couldn't take  her with us. He knows how much you loved him.. don't ever doubt that.. he wasn't feeling well at the end so that explains a lot of his behavior then. 
My beloved sweet Tess August 1999 - February 21 2001
My beloved loyal Byron March 1998 - April 28 2008
My sweet beloved girlie Angelina April 2001- September 2012
Me & my sweet beloved Wizberry forever 1998- April 21, 2016
My sweet beloved Snow Goddess Sybil girlie April 2001- May 11,2018
Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
Katiesmom I spoke with Patty Summers. She was wonderful. I did my session on the phone. Here is her info
http://www.psanimal.com/index.html
You also get a mp3 recording of your session emailed to you afterwards. It helps you to not forget anything. I like listening to mine especially when I'm really missing him.
Quote 0 0
Audra
Crose8: l'm so sorry to hear about your loss I too have lost my best friend Sage on Tuesday and am also having the same feeling as you Im hartbroken keep thinking if only I could go back and spend more time with her or could of payed more attention to her. She was also sick and spent a great deal of the day sleeping so at times I'd just let her rest. I can't stop thinking that should of just layed down besides her more often then I have and I prey that she knows exactly how much I love her just has she loved me. I sure hope the pain lessons with time.
Quote 0 0
Baileysbro
Dogs do remember.  You can tell when you tell them NO! when they want to jump on the counter to get the sandwich you just carefully made and you turn your back and its gone.  And they give you that look.  I know I did wrong but who cares.

Anyway, they do remember the good times but towards the end, even humans when they are sick and dying want to be a lone or keep to themselves a lot and sleep alot.  Its not that he doesn't remember you or feel replaced by a baby, its that he was preparing himself. 

Come to think of it, Bailey slept a lot too the past couple of months.  I mean soundly, you pet him and it startled him.  I felt bad. 

Bailey
October 31, 2002 - April 19, 2016 10:25 P.M.
My best friend, my companion, my love

[e8de4bc1-77ae-4da2-9834-109b68b6cda8]

[Paws-for-the-News-Grieving-the-loss-of-a-pet] 
Quote 0 0
Eddiesmom
Everyone has probably seen one of those videos with a dog reuniting with his/her servicemen after a long stint in Afghanistan or Iraqi....if you haven't google and after watching I don't think there is any doubt that they remember.
Sue E
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Crose8  I believe animals remember.  I think scent is the biggest thing.  They remember who likes them, and who doesn't.  Some dogs dont like females,  or some males, some do.  Maybe one or the other did something bad to them and they remember.  I hope my Winston remembers how much he was Loved and cherished by me for 12 years. 

I know I will remember every loving beautiful day with my Boy .  R.I.P. Baby Boy   Mommy  XOXO
Susan
Quote 0 0
Rachel1974
Dogs remember everything xxx
Quote 0 0
IWillNeverGetOverHim
Thank you all. This has helped me too.
Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
I found this link and I think it definitely answers this question.

http://fox2now.com/2016/05/11/stolen-dog-cant-contain-joy-at-seeing-owner-2-years-later/
Quote 0 0
Crose8
That was amazing ! Thank you for sharing

Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
You're welcome.
Quote 0 0