Julia_Loves_McCartney

As a lot of you know, a little over two weeks ago, my tabby kitty McCartney passed away due to an enlarged heart at the young age of six. I've never been more devastated about anything in my whole life. I knew I would get a kitten again, perhaps in several months, but was not quite ready for one yet. But, something happened beyond my control. This past Friday, exactly two weeks after McCartney's passing, my mom found a one month old kitten in the road, on a dangerous highway. She had to rescue him.

She brought the kitten home and we have been taking care of him. At first I wasn't sure if I should keep him or take him to a rescue place. But I've decided that I've fallen in love with him and want to keep him. He is extremely attached to me as well. Do you think it's too soon? I did not plan on this happening so early, and I am not looking at this as replacing McCartney. I feel like God and McCartney, if he's in Heaven, dropped him into my life. So that a new life had a chance at being saved and loved, just like McCartney was. Perhaps he and God know this? And sent the little kitty my way? Knowing that he would cheer me up and let me feel good about saving someone else?

I still feel bad about it happening so early, even though I feel like there has been a divine intervention. I do not want my mind to wander away from McCartney. To me, McCartney is beyond compare, and I'm scared this will unwillingly change. I will try not to let it. But I also feel bad for the kitten because I don't love him as much as I loved McCartney. Too many thoughts and emotions going on at once. Are there any opinions on this? Has anybody else ever felt this way?

Seeing the kitten for the first time also made me teary eyed. When he first saw me, he meowed loud and actually came up towards me, with a scared face looking like he wanted to be saved. And every now and then, hanging out with him has made me teary eyed too. I am just full of emotion, because of all that has happened with McCartney and now this somehow happening.

The kitty is gray, with a white bib, mouth, stomach, and paws. His eyes are the color of his fur, with a hint of green. And a perfect little face. I will post a picture soon.

I never dreamed I would be posting something like this so soon.

~I love you eternally, McCartney boy~

You can visit my kitty McCartney's Rainbow Bridge Memorial here: http://www.rainbowbridge.com/residents/MCCAR001/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Julia_Loves_McCartney
Here is a picture of the new kitten.

You can visit my kitty McCartney's Rainbow Bridge Memorial here: http://www.rainbowbridge.com/residents/MCCAR001/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Jimbo106
There is no right or wrong decision here, just what feels right for you. In my case, when Jamie passed, I was absolutely heartbroken. If you read the first month of posts I made you'll understand. I adopted two girls a month after Jamie left. I knew I couldn't survive without happy little faces, and they got a good forever home. It's been three years, and not a day goes by that I don't think of Jamie. Sometimes with tears and sometimes with smiles.

I love Abby and Casey dearly, and would do anything for them, yet Jamie will always live in my heart as well. I never felt disloyal, Jamie always knew she had my love, and always will. The girls know they have my love, and always will.

I doubt McCartney would stand in the way of you being happy and a little one finding a loving home. You'll never forget McCartney, and you can never replace him, but you CAN open your heart to let another in. Our hearts can grow, there is plenty of room for all. :)

Jim
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
Jim said it all in his message to you. If you feel it's right, then keep the kitten. McCartney knows you love him and always will. He would undoubtedly be happy for you to smile again.

My Murphy will have been gone 6 weeks this Wednesday. I contacted a rescue near Orlando about adopting this pretty girl today.

http://ruffworldanimalrescue.rescuegroups.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=7334667

I know Murphy would be happy that I rescued a Golden who needs a loving home. It would also make me happier to have another adult dog with me all the time, and Spencer would love a playmate. No one could replace Murphy or diminish the all consuming love I have for him, but as Jim said, there's plenty of room in my heart to love yet another. We'll see if it works out.

Good luck and best wishes to you,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
danzey
Julia...........Maybe this is your "sign",   just not the one you were expecting????  Besides that, the name Pauley might work as a bow to McCartney  .............danzey  
Quote 0 0
Julia_Loves_McCartney
Thank you everyone for you words, I greatly appreicate it. Jim and Kathryn, I'm glad that you both made the same decision as me to get new pets. You are both right, there is room for others in our hearts. Thank you for those words.

Danzey, thank you for the mention of the sign! I truly am believing it. The kitten took a visit to the vet yesterday to check his health, and all the employees were saying how God sent the kitten my way and that I deserve a new friend, and how adorable he is. They all know me and McCartney well, so were sad about his death. And happy that I let another cat into my life.

I also like your name suggestion! Earlier today, I thought of the name Desmond from the Beatles song Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da. I think that is high on my list!

Thanks again to all of you.

Quote 0 0