Forum

Author   Comment  
ksiegel2560

Reply with quote  #1 
My 2 yr old lab/shepherd mix has had something odd happen to her a few times now. She gets very excited when she sees another dog or person and will pull on the leash very hard to get over to say hi to them. She then becomes seemingly disoriented, stumbling around and even falling to the ground. She seems to have no control of her body. That lasts for about 15 seconds and then she’s fine. Is it possible that she’s cutting off her blood supply in her neck when she pulls on the leash so hard? That’s the only thing I can think of. This only happens after hard leash pulling. Whatever it is, it’s very scary when it happens. Any ideas?
anang

Reply with quote  #2 
Thank you for your post. I am more a cat person, but I'm willing to help however I can.

Is it possible that your dog has epilepsy? Possible panic attacks?

It's possible that she faints due to the stress of the leash on her neck, but probably unlikely.

I definitely would take your dog baby to the vet for a check up. It's well worth it to make sure that doggie is okay and to give you peace of mind.

Warm regards,
Katie

Reply with quote  #3 

Yes, it sounds like a seizure of some kind. I agree with Katie, I do not think it is the leash, although that may contribute to the possible seizure. Yes, a blood work up and other tests. It may be a psychological issue. Dogs are known to be neurotic like humans.

Kind regards,
James
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.