nebiolth
I just lost my beloved pet of ten years, Jayda. She was with my wife and I everywhere around the house when we came home from work, while doing work on the computer, at the dinner table; Everywhere!
Each morning she always was there when I woke up. I am feeling such a loss and emptiness. I have lost other pets before, but this is so very different. I pick up her Urn today. Just so difficult. It seems like anywhere I go, Jayda's memories are there. I just want to know I will see her again when I pass from this life to eternity. Thanks for reading this.
Quote 0 0
Lana
Sorry for you loss.  I had to say goodbye to my dog yesterday.  Maggie was a dear friend to me for 9 years.  I know what you are talking about when you say Jayda is everywhere, that's exactly what I've been going through this morning.  If I was on the computer she would sit next to me, if I went into the bathroom she would wait by the door, she followed me everywhere. 

I do think you will see Jayda again.  That's how I feel about Maggie, I held her while she passed and I know that parts of our hearts will be with each other forever.  I know exactly what you are going through and it hurts!  I hope the coming days bring you peace.
Quote 0 0
Cici
I just put my dog of 14 years Jake down last night. It is such a sad time, and I am also seeing him everywhere in the house where he used to be. I hope this gets easier!!

The only thing that is comforting me right now is thinking my loved ones up in heaven were waiting for him with open arms so he isn't alone, and that I will someday be there with him, watching him play again like he did when he was a puppy. 
Quote 0 0
LG
Nebiolth, Lana, and Cici,
   I am so very, very sorry to hear you have lost your precious fur babies. It is so very painful. Walking about and seeing all of "those" places around the house is heartbreaking. Our sweet fur children are such a part of us that we feel as if we have been ripped in two, are missing a fundamental part of ourselves without them.

I lost my sweet dog, Chili, on April 29 of this year. I remember those first days and how painful, yet surreal, they were..... Even now, I often just can't believe I'll never see her again in this life.

Each of your little one was obviously greatly loved and adored. How lucky you all were to have each other! Please know that I am thinking of each of you today. I will be praying for you and your little ones at this very difficult time.

Sincerely,
LG
Quote 0 0
bkuc9810
I am so sorry for your loss. One week ago today I lost Paisley my hamster. I know she was not a dog or a cat, and while many (not here) have minimized her to "just a rodent", she was SO different than other hamsters. Her cages (she had two cages connected) were next to my computer, and she would consistently come down her tubes as soon as she would see me sit down, and use her little arms to try to open her cage.  She had a bin cage and the orange/white OVO cage set up, which opens from the front. She would stretch out and squeak to let me know she "was in the room" and needed attention. She was not like most hamsters who sleep all day and are up all night. Right from the start she wanted to be with me. She loved attention. I have never seen another hamster like her. She litter trained herself in one of her hideaways, and her stuff is still all over my house. She had so many toys and everywhere I go I see her. I completely understand your sadness and I am so sorry you are going through this. I sincerely believe that you WILL see Jayda again. I really, really do!!!!! I am just so sorry for your loss.
Rest peacefully my sweet
Paisley. I love you so much baby. Thank you SO much for your love. I miss you SO much sweetie.

1/26/2012-11/04/2013
Quote 0 0
nebiolth
I am --also--so very sorry for your loss of Paisley. My wife and I lost our pet hamster, Lizzie, about 15 years ago. I can remember how she waited for us to come home from work to pass away to the Rainbow Bridge.
Thank you for your support. It is so very hard. I just came home from picking up her Urn.
Have a Blessed day and have the hope that we will all see our loved pets someday when we are called from this Earth who showed us unconditional Love---everyday!
Tom
Quote 0 0
LG
Thanks for sharing the stories of Paisley and Lizzie. I've always thought that animals are just as intelligent as humans, it's just a different type of intelligence. We just don't understand their language or ways, and humans being humans, we then assume they are "less" than us.

I think it's so cool when I hear stories like yours, where people recognize the intelligence of what some might consider an "insignificant creature" and build a truly meaningful relationship with the animal. Your willingness to see that intelligence, recognize their emotions and make that connection speaks of your open mind and open heart.

I have no doubt that you are feeling the same heartbroken grief that everyone here at RB is. I am very, very sorry for the loss you both are enduring.

I am sending warm thoughts for comfort and peace your way.

Sincerely,
LG
Quote 0 0