kathic
This is my 4th day without my precious "Newby."  I feel as though my heart is breaking again.  I cannot seem to get back to normal.  Even the simplest tasks become a major chore.  I am just going through the motions of the day as I feel numb and empty.  I miss him so much.  I try to think of a happy memory, and believe me they are many with him, but I just cry instead.  Will this ever get better?  Please help!
Quote 0 0
Mac
Your feelings are a testiment to the great love you gave to Newby.  In your own time, and in your own way, you have suffered the pain that comes with the loss of such a great love.  I know how it feels, as we all do who visit here because we have suffered the loss of our dear companions.  On this anniversary day, do something that honors your Newby, whether it be making a donation to a pet shelter, putting flowers next to a picture or on a gravesite, in your yard, or in a place that is special to Newby.  Take the time you need to respect and remember, and know that you are not alone.

Tomorrow is the 13th anniversary of the day our Sassy came to be with us - she left us in November, but I cannot help but think back over the 13 years - how many memories, and yet how fast it all went.  I deal with the grief as I know it comes from the depth of my love.

thinking of you and hoping it will be ok... 
Quote 0 0
kathic
Thank you for your kind words and support.  I have started writing in a journal about my great love Newby.  I have had him since he was 7 weeks old and 5 1/2 years was just not enough.  Writing about him does seem to help as it allows me to express my feelings and the love we shared as a family.  Thank you for your advice as it is greatly appreciated.  I am sure you share the same feelings with your Sassy.  I will be thinking of you all as well. 
Quote 0 0