BeachieGirl33

I love Easter and it means the world to me that God gave us his only son to die for our sins.  But this Easter was hard for me.  My first Easter and holiday without my Little. It was an ugly day here - was rainy and chilly with pollen everywhere.  I admit I was in a terrible mood.  I wanted to go to Church but circumstances happened.  I did go to Good Friday services.  I did pray and give thanks to God for Jesus.  But I was not a nice person yesterday.  I'm not making excuses.  But it's so hard without my Little kitty.  I miss him so much.  I know every "first" holiday is going to be hard.  I knew last Christmas it would be Little's last so I'm dreading that one the most.  Some days I feel like I just can't deal.  I love you Mr. Little and I miss you more every day!

Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
I am right there with you. My Molly left me at Thanksgiving so that will forever be changed for me.  As is EVERY DAY really.  Believe me you are NOT alone.  I am still having regular "meltdowns" just out of the blue.  Hard to face life without my precious baby.

I wish you peace and lots of hugs.
janice
Quote 0 0
Anntolles
I worked 12 hours on Easter then my mother in law was at the er. Now today I'm home alone bawling and praying and trying to cope. The first holidays are the worst. It seems like everyone is happy but me I know how you feel. I am a Christian also.
Quote 0 0
catlover1
Every day was hard as was yesterday. My cats always got wet food at night but on holidays I would give them wet food in the morning as well. It was hard to give Kaci her morning meal and not be able to give one to Cody too. 
Quote 0 0
BeachieGirl33
You are all right!  Every day is hard.  I guess since yesterday was a holiday it seemed worse.  I fixed ham and that made me think of my Batman, who I lost May 28, 2014.  He did love some ham even though he wasn't supposed to have it.  If we left it on the table or counter he would jump up there and sneak a piece.  Oh how I miss him too.  We have so many precious memories of our kitty babies and they went through so much with us.  Wet food came to be a treat for my babies too until the end when they wouldn't eat anything.  Thank you Janice, Ann, and catlover.  So sorry for the loss of your babies.  Maybe soon we can have some peace of mind.
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
I agree. Holidays are hard. We remember the little treats and gifts we would give our babies. I try and take some comfort in knowing they are living on their own terms, free of disease and pain. Hopefully watching over us and still feeling our love for them always and forever until we see them again.
Quote 0 0
moysoyjoy
Easter was difficult for me too. This year my husband and I went to visit family over the weekend. We never left Moy on her own, so leaving for more than 12 hours felt strange. On the rare occasions we would leave for more than a day, I would get homesick and push to leave early so I could get back home to her. When we got back Sunday night, I felt incomplete. That was really difficult for me.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Thanks for asking! Yes, most definitely, we, like everyone who responded so far, missed our boy so much. I don't think I even realized how much a part of our lives Bailey became over the years (the best part) - so celebrating the first Easter without our boy was very difficult.
My heart goes out to everyone dealing with this sense of loss and terrible sadness!
MJ
Quote 0 0
lostlittleboy
Reminders of what my boy did at Easter brought it all back...

He stole a box of fondant filled chocolate eggs last year and we found the remains of the wrappers next morning and a guilty looking dog on his bean bag - obviously immune to the effects.

The daffodils we planted at the site of his accident are beginning to grow, but doesn't bring much relief from the sadness.

We also looked forward to the trip to the woods when the bluebells are in flower and I would usually take awful pictures of Buddy running in and out of the bushes.

We also hear things at night, pans in the sink being moved, paw-steps downstairs, even though the cat is sleeping in our bedroom and Cassie (our new rescue greyhound) is asleep on her bed...even if this were a sign, I'd rather he still be here physically rather than other-worldly.
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Like everyone here, I had a sad Easter, full of memories of happier times when Jim was here.  He loved it when we had visitors - who all gave him so many tidbits he`d  nearly pop ! This Sunday, we still had family down, although I think everyone was aware that someone was missing.
  Hopefully all our little ones are looking over us, and enjoying running and playing over the Bridge, just waiting until we meet them again one day.
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
ya sad easter weekend here too.  all my favorite easter time movies (ten commandments - both with heston and dougray; greatest story ever told, king of kings, passion of the Christ) were watched last year with roxie by my side.  this year I couldn't watch the original ten commandments because of a major meltdown crying and honestly I wanted to.  drove up to my daughter's for easter dinner with her fiancé's family at the country club they golf at and his mom gave me a really cute easter candy (3 orange peep bunnies in a chocolate canoe).  as soon as I got home I put the candy high up so to keep it safely out of roxie's reach and as I walked into the bedroom to change I started to cry because it hit me that never again will I have to put candy up high out of her reach.  I was ok all day until that one small action.  no dying eggs to watch roxie's face in wonder as she saw the white egg shell turn colors or even when we decorated them just to later peel them and pop one to her as "her's"...or watch as the colored eggs were offered to her so she could pick the one she wanted later.  cripes I think I've cried as much today as the first week.  i'm almost looking forward to getting the holidays this year over and done with so I don't remember "roxie was here with me last new year's, valentine's day, st pat's day, easter", etc.  it does get easier but seems to hurt just as much.  many many hugs to all of you!
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0