Whitesage42
I had an out door wild kitten that lived on my front porch with others. He was very skinny and scared of humans but I had working with him and after a month he was very loving and happy.
Sadly today while he was eating my father in-law hit with his car. All I saw was his head in the ground and his body spazzing. My husband took him and said that he was dead cause his head was flat.
Did my baby suffer when he was hit? My husband said he didnt feel it, but then why was his body spazzing so much if he didn't feel it? and how do stop crying?
He's only been gone a few hours and I've only know him for a month or so.
Quote 0 0
NormaT
What a sad situation. I'm sorry this has happened but I would think any pain would be quick and brief. THe spasms were probably the bodies reaction to trauma and that he would not have been conscious therefore not experiencing pain.
A sad accident. Nobody to blame.
Norma
Norma 
Quote 0 0
Whitesage42
Thank you this helps me feel a bit better. But I still miss my friend dearly.
Quote 0 0
Missing_Rosie1017
I am in the same boat.  My westie ran out into the road and got run over by a garbage truck.  My husband couldn't stop her.  It was so quick, I'm sure she never knew what hit her.  So hard to deal with a tragic loss as this.  It's been 3 weeks since my Rosie left us broken hearted.  I feel your pain... it will get a little better.  I still cry a lot, but not as bad as 2 weeks ago.

Prayers....
Denise Von
Quote 0 0
oknavigator
If animals are like people they will go into shock and not realize the seriousness of their injuries if their injuries are severe. They will drift off without much suffering. I think your poor kitty died a quick death and did not suffer.
A few years ago I had a neighbor who had lots of wild cats. There was one momma cat that we fed. One day we were pulling out of the driveway and ran over her. We mourned her death for days and felt horrible. She died quickly and that was our only comfort. Even when you're being careful, things happen. Prayers for healing.
David Norton
Quote 0 0