GregG56

Autumn looking beautifull.jpg  DID I JUST RECEIVE A SIGN

As many of you know, I lost my sweet Autumn Leaves one week ago tomorrow at 1:45PM. Like all of you I am struggling to cope with the grief, sadness and guilt. I am so glad that I came to this site, it has been a source of healing and inspiration.

I have a question for the group, has anybody received any signs from their pets that they are OK, happy and pain-free? I only ask because I so much want to know that my Autumn is OK. I would like to know if anyone has had any experiences with signs from their pets after they passed, or if you even believe in signs or not.

I have been praying for a sign since Autumn left me, hoping to see her in a dream, but so far nothing in the dreams, maybe because I am taking sleep aides maybe the sleep aids are suppressing my dreams, I usually dream each night, but nothing since Autumn passed.

This morning I forced myself to cut my grass which was very high. I have been putting if off, just didn’t feel up to it. It is something that I enjoy. I am an avid gardener and grow Moonflowers and Morning-glories in my…… I mean Autumn’s backyard. Every year I grow a mixture of blue and red morning glories. The blue morning glories are called Heavenly Blue morning glories and are quite beautiful.

For some odd reason, this year not one Heavenly Blue morning Glorie bloomed not even one even though I planted 50% red and 50% blue. I even checked the seed packets to see if I accidently planted all red by mistake, but no mistake, for some reason the red morning glories choked out the blue morning glories, oh well the reds were still beautiful.

THEN…This morning as I was mowing my grass I just happened to glance out of the corner of my eye, and what did I see but 6 beautiful Heavenly Blue Morning Glories in all their glory. I looked all over the vine and only 6. I asked my self why just 6 where there haven’t been any then it hit me Autumn has been gone for 6 days. What an adrenalin rush, 6 beautiful Heavenly Blue Morning Glories where there were none this year. A chill ran through my body and I actually felt euphoric for a few seconds.

Was this my sign from Autumn that she’s in Heaven? or am I looking too hard? Will there be other signs, maybe a dream or two. I would welcome you input. It’s OK if you think I am reaching a little, I want honest responses. I would love to hear if anyone else has a story about signs from their beloved pets. GOD Bless you all.

Greg Grimsley
Quote 2 0
Gingers_Mommy
Hi Greg,

In reference to signs, in life as a whole I haven't had positive experiences. I've either asked for a sign that didn't come or misinterpreted one's that did. But that being said God does work in mysterious ways.

In ref to the dream, on Wed night I took benadryl to sleep and did wake up after 3am and remembered a dream. Or rather 3 dreams in one. The first 2 dreams def with Ginger. It was bitter sweet and the message unclear. I remember feeling elated at seeing her again. Then the moment was gone. The dream jumped to something else. I'm wishing she comes to my dreams again.

Hoping Autumn appears in your dreams too.
Quote 1 0
Living_with_tragedy
Hi Greg,
I am very sorry for your loss.  I have had experienced some possible signs over the summer. Sometimes I believe, sometimes I'm not sure. I want to believe.  I thought I saw some signs from my dog. My 6-year old Chihuahua-Beagle tragically passed away and I was asking for a sign. I write often to my little one.  Suddenly there was a red Cardinal that perched on my deck several times.  It was there a few times when I was outside, very close to me. I was told Cardinals are a sign that our loved ones are doing okay.  I've also noticed thing with my other 2 dogs that only my other little guy would do. I was told these could have been signs.  I try to believe these are signs. One night I had my only dream so far, of my little one. I motioned to pet him and in my dream he just disappeared. It was unsettling. I don't know what that meant.  I've heard there are books about signs from the afterlife. I haven't read any yet. One is by Lyn Ragan.  (By the way, many, many years ago, I had a Dachshund.) 

Read about different types of signs online so you know what you may experience.  Be open to signs. It's something to hold onto. I keep looking for the Cardinal. I want to be happy and know my "Little Peanut" is near.  Without hope, what is there?  

Take care,
Parker's Mom
Quote 1 0
Becky1990
GregG56,
I think many of us have received a sign that our pets/ babies are okay, happy and pain free. My first experience was with my first cat back in the early 90's. I was crying every day for a month or so longer. I fell asleep on my couch one afternoon with my arm and hand hanging over the couch. All of a sudden I woke up feeling a "brush" against my hand. I knew it was my baby telling me he was okay and happy. I will never forget that experience and have never felt that with my many others that has passed away. I never believed in that before but am a firm believer now
My experiences now are feathers, butterflies passing right by me, etc. I truly believe that, that was your sign. Like someone said, look up for signs. You would be surprised by how many. It's not just in dreams, in my opinion.
I am so sorry for your loss. Keep writing and let us know how you are doing. We understand the pain you are feeling and you are not alone.
Quote 1 0
Parkersmum
GregG56, what a gorgeous picture. So precious. It's so hard when we desperately want to know if they are ok. All our babies are playing together in a big field in the sun until we get there to give them the biggest hug, never to be parted again. My boy Parker would have loved to play with Autumn on earth so I'm sure they are having a run about together now, all happy and healthy. Take care x
Quote 1 0
AllieGM
I'm sorry about your Autumn.  That's a sweet photo of her.

I want to believe in signs.  I asked her for them. 
On another forum, there was a great emphasis on signs, most of which I would call, as you say, "reaching a little".  Or a lot.  Lens flares in photos, a consequence of the optics, interpreted as magic "orbs".  Pet shaped stains on carpets & shadows on walls.  That kind of thing.  It made me roll my eyes and want to smack someone, because I wanted to believe so badly that there could be signs, and can we please leave out all the hokum and see REAL signs!
The brain makes patterns out of things we see... so pet-shaped clouds and shadows.  I call that imagination and wishful thinking.  What I wonder/hope are signs, usually involve timing.  Some sort of coincidence that is very unlikely, and it happens perhaps after you've asked for a sign that day but are no longer looking for it because you're thinking about something else.  I find things have happened like that -- when I'm not actively looking, and then bang, something kind of in-my-face.  Asking her to show me her name, and then seeing it somewhere.  Something else I asked to see, with particular timing, that was a tremendously unlikely coincidence.  Sometimes this "asking for signs" works, sometimes it doesn't.  I feel like there are fewer now, a couple years down the road.  But every once in a while.... 

I wish I could have a really vivid know-it's-a-visit dream.  Or feel her jump on the bed or something, as some people say they have.  I'm still on the want-to-believe fence, hoping the coincidences could be signs, but, not entirely sure.  There are enough flakes in the pet-psychic world to cast doubt on the idea, like basically anything you see that makes you think of your pet is a sign.  Are we just seeking things to make ourselves feel better?  I don't know.  If it brings you comfort, it's OK, I guess.
I'm thinking about a pet psychic, but still not sure who might be legit.  If they could tell me something about signs I "think" I've had, that they couldn't have found out otherwise, I would be convinced they could talk to her.

I don't know if that helps you or not.  Just my 2 cents, and where I am with the idea of signs.  It keeps reminding me of that X-Files thing, "I want to believe"....
Quote 0 0
fortlauderdale1984
GregG56,

Yes this in my opinion is a sign, your baby is communicating with you. You will continue to see those signs and Morning Glories will appear to you In other places too. My scotch sends me pennies from heaven, they appear to me in spots in the house and at work all the time. A week before he passed I went to Abraham Lincolns house and leaned he was a big animal lover. For some reason I was so obsessed with learning about this side of him that whole week and the next Friday my Scotch passed away. I started seeing pennies everywhere and couldn't wrap my head around why all the sudden they were turning up. I never came across them before, then I remembered Lincoln's on the pennie....and then it clicked this visiting of Lincoln's house was maybe a sign from the universe itself preparing me for later that week when I lost Scotch? I don't know, who k ows maybe Abe is up there taking care of my Scotch untili get there? Until then when I see penny I pick it up and thank my scotch. How beautiful of your baby to send you the Morning Glory flowers! Please keep us posted on the signs your baby continues to send you.

Sincerely,

Stephanie
Quote 1 0
Rigina
I'm so sorry for your loss. Absolutely Yes to the signs. The day after I had to make that awful decision to put my Honey down, I had the most awesome experience. Honey always laid in my arms when I retired to bed. That night there was no Honey in my arms. I was far from falling asleep in my grief when I saw arms holding my Honey and placing him into my own arms. Omg it was the most beautiful experience since his passing. He is always on my heart and in my minds eye, I see him relieved from age and pain. Being the beautiful affectionate cat he was with so many other loved pets in a field of freedom and joy. All of God's beauty and creation in a place that I have yet to enter. I will see Honey again. I believe signs are everywhere. It's our emptiness of the physical that is so difficult. I pray you experience signs with your beloved Autumn Leaves and feel her presence over and over again. Hugs
Rigina
Quote 0 0
Linda24

I am so sorry for your loss. your furr baby was beautiful. 
I lost my beloved cat Shammy about 3 months ago. It was cancer.  she was 20 yrs old and a total lap baby. She loved me more than anything. she just wanted to be held and to nap in my lap. she was the best kitty I ever had. so sweet, so loving. 
She was a black and white tuxedo cat. I named her Shamu after the whale at sea world because she looked like Shamu. I called her Shammy..
anyways, I was at the store the other day in the cat food section picking out food for my other cat named Bunny. as I stand there deciding on cat food, a woman is standing there also buying pet food. Her cell phone rings. she starts saying, “No, I don’t know where SHAMMY is.” I thought, no, she just didn’t say what I think I heard.. she keeps talking and says SHAMMY three more times! not Sammy, but SHAMMY! I couldn’t believe my ears. who else would be named Shammy? and why did I hear it while looking at cat food?  I was going to say something to the woman but she was on her phone and left as quickly as she appeared.  I finished Up my shopping and cried all the way home.  

Linda A.
Quote 0 0
Sulasmom
Yes! Yes! And yes! I have experienced signs all my life. When I lost my 2 and a half year old pup a month ago, I had a very realistic dream. I was sitting in a clearing when a woman with a dog on a leash stepped out from the trees. When she saw me, she let the dog off leash and it bound for me...it was my Sula! We spent some time together...she looked so happy and healthy and was over the moon to see me. The woman approached me and said "She can't visit you in the real world, but she can come to you like this, while you are sleeping. We will be back." Then, with a lick goodbye from my baby, Sula happily followed the woman back into the woods.

Be thankful you have received a sign and keep your heart open, for there will be more.

Deb
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Oh there can always be timely "signs" all through the years. My Misty has been gone over 7 years. Most times I can get along with my life, though of course I miss her and remember her every day.
But sometimes I really really miss her as I have been doing recently, as I haven't sensed a warm heart-felt "visit" from her in over 3 months.
So the other night I felt sad a bit and quietly said "If you can't visit me right now, then send me a little sign, hey? Just so I know you haven't forgotten us?"

So I didn't know what to do with myself. I was restless and couldn't concentrate, so I put on Netflix, and just clicked on this movie I'd never seen, not even sure it was my thing. It was a bit of a "B" movie, about some domestic dramas but better to watch that than to feel like I was feeling.

Suddenly I saw the name of one of the people starring in it was "Misty" (somebody) Now that's not a common name for a woman. You don't hear of many "Mistys". And the name Misty came up twice (can't remember how, right now, but it did.) It made me smile.

So I don't really know if that was coincidence or a "sign". But it was timely and to the point! It cheered me up a bit too.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
GibsonIloveyou
There is a saying, when the student is ready, the master will appear.

The same for proof of the afterlife or as we say signs.

Yes the six are proof.

When mine passed away, over 1yr ago, the proof started with white feathers, the first one in beside me when I had a crying time for his departure and out of nowhere.

I was taking memorial walks and had dogs stop and look and even stand up like they were seeing my dog beside me.

I took a video of a song that was playing when Gibson was close to his crossover, about 4 months after he passed and after I watched the video, a small white circle of light defended above the urn in the video.
Like amazing.

The signs stopped about 3 months ago.
He must have crossed over completely.

The other side is a veil away.
Animals are much more pure than humans and more love, as such they are attended to by the Good Shepherd and is well cared for after leaving the body.

I have come to see that it's not complicated for them to send their love you afterwards.
The secret is not to force it and simply accept the supernatural season.

Just goes to show that being a loving, forgiving and good natured being before the Lord qualifies a restful and guaranteed afterlife.

Angels are watching and will attend to our sadness.

There is an interim before the crossover and guaranteed they will show signs or proof that they are still existing and love you.
Quote 0 0
Dakota13
I receive a lot of signs my furbaby is still around. We lost ours 7 months ago. He use to lay on this one spot in my kitchen while I cooked lunch or supper.  I noticed a warm spot on my kitchen floor where he laid. My furnace hadn’t been turned on yet.  I then went back and felt that spot and it was still warm.  Later on I checked and the warm spot cooled off.  I knew it was him 
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
GibsonIloveyou. thank you for this as well as the many other wise things you said:

"I have come to see that it's not complicated for them to send their love you afterwards.
The secret is not to force it and simply accept the supernatural season."

Love, the very thing that hurts us most when they have gone, is the bridge between this world and the next.
Their love can easily come across it, and ours to them. It's important to always send them our love in a pure way, through everything.

I am interested also in hearing about everyones' signs from their little ones. I do know that they will try to contact us to show us they are all right, whenever they can.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
GibsonIloveyou
Thank you Mistysmama. It is just great that they are still existing.

I smile thinking what kind of dear thoughts or looks our dear ones have as they watch us fumble in the Valley of shadows sorrowing and heavy of heart and then without notice they drop a hint or message loud and clear to be happy that we will see them again.

Quote 0 0