Tiger07 Show full post »
Ginger4256
Tiger
I have the same feeling of guilt. What if...I hadn't had him on steroids like the vet ordered...what if he just wanted to be home to die...what if . The guilt is the worst part of this. I feel your pain every day and keep hoping praying that I did the right thing for my baby Boo. We are all in this together. I just know one thing. They loved us more than anything in the world. We were their everything.
Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0
Tiger07
yes you are right, they did love us so much. i am sorry, my head is in a fog. did you have your little dog put to sleep? 
Quote 0 0
Ginger4256
I was on the way and he died in my car. I wish I just had stayed home with him and held him but I didn't and feel horrible for putting him in the car knowing now that he was going to die. I should have just held him 😢😢
Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0
Tiger07
darling you werent to know he would die on the way. you were doing what you truly believed was right, as we all do for our animal friends. i think guilty feelings always come hand in hand with grief. we always believe that we went about things the wrong way. i guess that if you would have stayed home and held him and he died in your arms you would be now believing that if you had put him in the car and took him to the vet that there may have been a different outcome
Quote 0 0
Ginger4256
Tiger
I know but it doesn't stop me from going there. Like you and everyone else here, the grief takes over and we think about all of the things we might have done just wishing we could have our babies back with us.
Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0
Tiger07
i have just wrote a status on my facebook, that only i can see, just listing the lovely things i remember about Tiger and i plan to visit it often and write comments on it (its only for me to see) because i feel the need to 'talk'. at least while i was typing and thinking the happy thoughts, it stopped me from constantly ruminating about the recent weeks and his health. i have so many unanswered questions about his health, and they will remain unanswered now unfortunately. he was such a gorgeous, lovable, cute, funny cat with such silly little habits. these are the things i want to always think about 
Quote 0 0
Tiger07
so, just an update, Tigers usual vet called me and i told him the developments over the weekend. this is the first time i had chance for a real discussion with the vet. he told me that although no scan was done to prove a tumour, the he is certain that there was one, especially due to the swollen belly and that it sounds like it was very aggressive for him to worsen the way he did so quickly and also that there was a heart condition (a murmur had been heard, hence the heart scan) and increasingly swollen feet also pointed to this.  so he said that to try to treat a cancer, especially in a cat with a heart condition would have been unsuccessful and if Tiger was his own cat he would have also chosen to euthanize.  the call has made me feel better. very very sad, but at least i see that there is no need for guilt 
Quote 0 0
dachsiemom
Focusing on what you could have done differently to change the outcome is part of the Bargaining stage of grief.  Not everyone goes through this in the same way, but it's very normal and it will pass.  At this point it probably won't do any good to tell yourself you shouldn't feel this way.  You just have to let yourself feel this way until you are ready to move on.  I am very sorry to see you going through this torment, and hope you will be able to find peace and solace.     
Moira - remembering Brandon
"Better lo'ed ye canna be. Will ye no' come back again?"
Quote 0 0
shantismom
Tiger07,  I have heard a saying that I think is very true "Better a week too early than a day too late"  I think that you did the loving thing for your baby and I don't think it was too early at all.  They count on us to care for them and to make the hard decision in the end so that they do not suffer.  I will tell you that almost everyone here has had guilt, was it too soon, did I wait too long, was there something else I could have done.  The truth is we wouldn't have come here afterward if we were not so heartbroken and that means we did all we could do and the very best that we could.  Your baby is now free from all pain and problems, you did the right thing.
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
Tiger07
Thank you. I have also heard that saying (only since i have been obsessively googling). I did not want to wait until he got worse, but my need to end his suffering may have been too hasty because he had not got to the point of suffering that i have read about in other peoples stories. I know, this is messed up thinking isnt it? Today is the day that his vet appointment was scheduled for, the outcome wouldve been the same, i am certain i would be coming home with an empty cat carrier and a broken heart but also a nagging guilt that i shouldve allowed him to have peace sooner. He was going down hill so quick i think, god knows what condition he wouldve been in today, if he wouldve lasted this long. I really feel like i have come to terms with this (most of the time) i will miss him forever though. He was such a funny little boy. Closer to me than any other family member or friend has ever been. Hard to live without :(
Quote 0 0
LuvTank1
I had my boy Tank put to sleep 2 weeks ago today.   I struggled, too, but, yes, that saying is so true.   Better a week too early.  It still hurts, though, I know. 

You did the kind thing and prevented suffering, as the end result would've been the same.
It's a shame we can't do it for our human loved ones.

14102630_1631620227129587_9183431795054178428_n.jpg
Cammy Ripley
Quote 0 0