Snowball1320
Our dog snowball passed on 6/8 this year. We would like to adopt our next dog. So we've been going to animal shelters every week looking at chihuahuas and told ourselves that there has to be some sort of sign from snowball before we choose another dog. We said we wanted one to whine for us and come to us when it sees us. A couple days ago we saw a video from a animal shelter and it was whining in the video but obviously not for us. But we took that as a sign n went to look at it.
When we got there it came to us n let us pet him. But quickly got distracted from eating. So we walked around and went back to him and played with him a little and he whined for us. So we went home and talked about it and asked for more signs to see if he was okay with us getting a new dog. The light on the fridge water dispenser stayed on for a long time after we used it and his leash fell on the floor when i was standing in front of it. The dog was also on hold for adoption the day after we went to see it but something didnt work out. So hes available to be adopted again..

We think those are signs but how do we know if thats a yes or no.

Sorry for the long story but we are confused. We are usually people who rushs into getting things and not sure if we are rushing into this.

Thanks everyone in advance!!!

Quote 0 0
impala
Snowball1320 wrote:
Our dog snowball passed on 6/8 this year. We would like to adopt our next dog. So we've been going to animal shelters every week looking at chihuahuas and told ourselves that there has to be some sort of sign from snowball before we choose another dog. We said we wanted one to whine for us and come to us when it sees us. A couple days ago we saw a video from a animal shelter and it was whining in the video but obviously not for us. But we took that as a sign n went to look at it. When we got there it came to us n let us pet him. But quickly got distracted from eating. So we walked around and went back to him and played with him a little and he whined for us. So we went home and talked about it and asked for more signs to see if he was okay with us getting a new dog. The light on the fridge water dispenser stayed on for a long time after we used it and his leash fell on the floor when i was standing in front of it. The dog was also on hold for adoption the day after we went to see it but something didnt work out. So hes available to be adopted again.. We think those are signs but how do we know if thats a yes or no. Sorry for the long story but we are confused. We are usually people who rushs into getting things and not sure if we are rushing into this. Thanks everyone in advance!!!
Paula Johnson
Quote 0 0
impala
Wow, I don't know it sure sounds like a sign.  Years ago I lost a beloved cat, Louie and went to the shelter looking for another. I saw a cat in a cage by himself.  He was black like my Louie but he seemed uninterested in me and it was too soon for me as I was grieving.  I few weeks later I went back to the shelter and the black cat was still there, still unresponsive and this time I read the tag on his cage and he had been in that small cage for 3 months.  My heart went out to him and I adopted him.  Poor baby.  He hid behind the toilet for days and later I found blood in his stool. I took him to the vet.  The vet said he had stress related colitis. In time Riley came to trust me and became a healthy boy.  He was a wonderful cat companion. 

The fact that the adoption fell through seems like a sign but I think it really up to you.  Does your heart go out to him? 
Paula Johnson
Quote 0 0
Snowball1320
When we saw the dog whine my heart sorta melted and it made me kinda happy again. So I think my heart does go out to him. Hes really cute and small so we think hes gonna be adopted fast. We're out of town for a couple days and if hes still there when we get back. We are like 90% sure we gonna adopt him. Just another sign we wanted to get.
Quote 0 0
impala
I'm interested in knowing if you do get him. Please let me/us know.  I think the best gift a pet gives us is the love we feel for them.
Paula Johnson
Quote 0 0
Snowball1320
Yes I'll definitely let everyone know :) im happy to be able to save a dog and give it love and a furever home.
Quote 0 0
westdenali
Hello? Do I have to hit you upside the head??? Yeah its a sign. Maybe not the one you expected, but still is. I believe in signs. I believe there are circumstances, signs, dreams, etc.... I think if most of us really took the time and embraced there is ...not sure how to say this... but believed there our things in life that cant be explained. I am very receptive to this. before you start thinking I am a wack job...well maybe I am. My family knows that strange things happen to me.

My latest episode was.....I took my dog to the vet. Not my usual vet, but the one who euthanized my cat 6 months ago. As I sat in the waiting room there was a woman with a kitten. Its like OMG. This kitty looked like my previous cat. Both my dog and I went up to check her out. Then she tells me the kitty is up for adoption. Mind you I was not actively looking for another cat. so then she got called in the exam room and I say whew!!! Then she comes out again with kitty in her arms and hands her to me. It was a done deal. The flood of emotions. The love of this kitten snuggling in my neck. I knew I had to have her. Exchanged info and went on my way.

Meanwhile my dog was not doing well. It got really bad. I was to adopt the kitty but held off because of the recommendation of my vet.  Then my dog passed. I was ready for kitty. Very hesitant. Not sure if I would resent her. So many emotions and thoughts. But I went ahead.

I am so grateful I did. She had brought me such joy. And she does so much look like my passed kitty. Certain poses, certain quirks,  and it is bizarre.

And then I realize the totality of it all. If it were not for my dog getting sick, I would have never met this kitten. If it were not for my dogs reaction to this kitty...if it were not for..... I could go on and on. It was meant to be. However you want to take that. I know in my heart.

I only wish was my dog to be here to enjoy this kitty. I know he would've loved her too. But that is beyond my control. I do not look back. I do not 2nd guess myself. You will know. You will be hesitant. Look into your heart and spirit.
Quote 0 0