DaisyGirl
Tonight I lost the love of my life for the past 7 years. My little boy chihuahua was killed by my boyfriends terrier mix dog. We have been together for two years and since day 1 my little guy and his big guy ha e gotten along beautifully. I recently moved into my boyfriends house 2 weeks ago which was a very exciting step for us. Before then I always stayed nights at his house and my little dog always came with me. He went everywhere with me, my very best friend. I walked Into our bedroom and heard noises and scuffle and found a horrible scene of dog food scattered everywhere and my dog being shaken to death in the mouth of another dog. The fight must have been over food I am assuming but they have never done this before. I rushed my baby to the emergency vet where they said there was too much damage and nothing could be done. I am in shock. I am in denial. I cannot believe I will never see my little boy ever again. I feel so guilty for moving in here. I don't know what to do and I feel extremely lost right now. I just want my dog back. He was everything to me.
Quote 0 0
Gertie
DaisyGirl wrote:
Tonight I lost the love of my life for the past 7 years. My little boy chihuahua was killed by my boyfriends terrier mix dog. We have been together for two years and since day 1 my little guy and his big guy ha e gotten along beautifully. I recently moved into my boyfriends house 2 weeks ago which was a very exciting step for us. Before then I always stayed nights at his house and my little dog always came with me. He went everywhere with me, my very best friend. I walked Into our bedroom and heard noises and scuffle and found a horrible scene of dog food scattered everywhere and my dog being shaken to death in the mouth of another dog. The fight must have been over food I am assuming but they have never done this before. I rushed my baby to the emergency vet where they said there was too much damage and nothing could be done. I am in shock. I am in denial. I cannot believe I will never see my little boy ever again. I feel so guilty for moving in here. I don't know what to do and I feel extremely lost right now. I just want my dog back. He was everything to me.
Quote 0 0
Gertie
I am so sorry for your loss. I really don't have any words to comfort you. But I do understand what your little baby meant to you. I feel so bad for the pain you are going through. This is going to take you a long time to recover from the shock and then start to grieve. You will have a support net work here. Please remember your baby and all the love you shared, not his horrible end.

You are in my thoughts. Hug's to you,

Gertie.
Quote 0 0
DaisyGirl
Thank you Gertie. It still doesn't feel real. I am having a hard time dealing with my boyfriends dog who killed my poor little dog. I can't help but want him gone. I look thru my phone and all it is is pictures of my sweet boy. I miss him so much and want him back.
Quote 0 0
gayle
Daisy girl,
I am so sorry for the pain you are in and the loss of your little boy. That is a really tough situation you are in and I truly feel for you. You have come to the right place, everyone here has experienced the loss of a beloved pet, in one way or another, some even like yours. Please try and be gentle with yourself, it was a horrible accident that you couldn't have prevented. It is going to take some time to get past all this. Pray for Gods guidance on how to deal with this, and how to cope with all the feelings you are experiencing. When I had to say goodbye to my baby, my Boston terrier Spreewell, a little over a month ago, was one of the worst days of my life and I didn't know how I was going to go on without him. I was just devastated. The grief does lessen, but it takes time. It's important to talk about it and this is a wonderful place to come to, we all understand. Sending love and hugs your way...
Gayle
gayle zigmund
Quote 0 0
DaisyGirl
Gayle~
Thank you so much for your kind words. This has been helping me a lot having the support of strangers who have gone through similar loss. I know it will take time to heal the void in my soul but for now I can't get the last images of him out of my head. He didn't deserve to die that way and I am just so sick over it. I wish there was something to make it all better but the words and love from you guys make me feel some comfort.
Quote 0 0
LiveLongAndProsper
DaisyGirl, I'm sorry for the loss you're going through for your own little guy. We try so hard to protect our loved puppies. Just as I'm having to remember that Spock's death was not my fault, I hope you can come to understand that you are not to blame for your dog's death. All we can ever do is try our best.

Hang in there, and take comfort in knowing that there are people who care and understand what you're going through

Mike
Quote 0 0