Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
moon119

Reply with quote  #1 
We lost our two dogs and cat in a devastating house fire in the early hours of Tuesday, August 29, 2019.  Any other Monday night my husband and I would have been sound asleep but I was returning from an out of state to celebrate my grand baby's first birthday.  My train was delayed so my husband drove the two hours to Penn Station to pick me up.  We might very well have died too as the Chief Fire Inspector feels that the fire smoldered for some time.
On our way home we got the call "Pull over, I think your house is on fire."  
Something stupid, something electrical, a circuit breaker as near as they can tell.  The house was fully engulfed.  We had to drive another hour not knowing if it really was our house and not knowing what we would find.  Talk about panic...
I don't care about the stuff or the pile of wood that was once my home ... but my babies!  I am struggling mightily to accept this.
People have been wonderful and we're gonna be alright but I can't stop the horrible images that keep running through my mind of what their last minutes were.
I just don't know where to go with this...

My heart and sympathy goes out to all of you who are suffering the loss of your babies from whatever cause.

Much love,

Pat

Reply with quote  #2 
Just want to say so sorry for your loss.  I lost my dog a month ago due to a car accident, and still grieving the loss.  Couldn't imagine losing three angels and then your home.  My heart goes to you and your family in these hard times.  Hope you have wonderful friends and family to give your family support during these hard times.  Praying to God for you family, will be in my prayers.  I think expressing your way the way you did in this forum is a good start to healing.
moon119

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much for your kind words.  I guess it's never easy, is it?  I'm so sorry about what must have been your nightmare too. 
Everywhere we turn, we are met with compassion and kindness.  I couldn't be more grateful for that.  I dearly hope that this has been your experience too. 
I know all too well how grief works.  I've been here many times before.  I know that the loss won't change.  The reality won't change and the circumstances won't change.  I know that it will be me who changes and that that will take time.  It's good to know that I'm not alone with it and hopefully, neither are you.  

Reply with quote  #4 
Pat,

I am so very sorry for your loss of your two dogs, your cat and your home. I can only imagine the horror of learning that your house was on fire when you were an hour away and coming home to find it destroyed and your babies gone. You and your family are in my thoughts.

My condolences,
Jan
moon119

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you Jan. Your kind words and thoughts mean so much...

Reply with quote  #6 

Dear Patricia,

My heart is truly breaking for you and yours for your losses and for what you are coping with during this difficult and challenging time. I send you my sincerest condolences and will pray for you and your family tonight for healing and recovery. May God be with you and keep you, always.

James
Bibbi

Reply with quote  #7 
Dear Pat,
I am so so sorry to hear about this tragedy!
I cant even begin to imagine the panick and fear you felt when first hearing that call... I am so sorry!
My heart bleeds for you, your dogs and your cat!
I hope and pray you will find healing soon; be kind to yourself.
Much love
Bibbi
Jasmines_Mom

Reply with quote  #8 
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your babies.  Just know you are not alone in your pain.  I know that doesn't lessen it but it has personally helped me to know that I am not alone in my journey through grief.

Reply with quote  #9 
Pat, I wish I could find words to tell you how sorry I am to hear about this :( 
All I can say is, I'm right there with you right now. Can't quit crying about our Sadie girl right now, either :(

Reply with quote  #10 
Patricia,
I am so, so sorry. I am crying for all of your losses.  A devastating loss of your home, memories, and most importantly to you and your husband, your babies.  

I hope it's okay that I looked at your name and then looked up online to read about what happened. I saw the gofundme fundraiser created by your friend Angel. What a wonderful friend.  I read about your 2 dogs, Daisy and Max, and Tucker, your cat. This hits home for me because I also have a Chihuahua mix, and I am almost your neighbor. I live less than an hour from you in NE PA. I had to donate something to help you for the time being.  You have many friends here on this forum who will give you support, and help you get through this. 

Please reach out here anytime you need a shoulder.  You will never be alone.

~ Parker's Mom (Tina L)

COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #11 
PAT I AM SO SO SORRY FOR YOUR HORRIBLE LOSS AND GREATFUL YOU ARE OK. PRAYERS LOVE AND PLEASE COME HERE FOR SUPPORT MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU IN THE BELIEF THAT YOUR FUR BABIES SPIRITS WENT TO RAINBOWSBRIDGE QUICKLY AND IN PEACE AS THEY WENT TO SLEEP TOGETHER AND DID NOT SUFFER I FEEL IT AND I KNOW MY SPARKY COCKATIEL BIRDIE PASSED 12/28/2017 WHILE I WAS NOT IN OUR BEDROOM CHECKING ON HIM AND GOD TOLD .ME WHEN IT WAS TIME TO COME IN AS HE WAS PASSING . YOUR FUR BABIES PASSED WITH GOD THERE WITH THEM. 《♡》HE WAS BORN 2/14/1989 28 YEARS AND TEN AND A HALF MONTHS OLD

SHARE MORE AND COME TO THE MONDAY NIGHT CANDLE. CEREMONY SEPTEMBER 2, 2019 MOMMY JOAN

Attached Images
jpeg 20181225_013243_LLS.jpg (184.51 KB, 7 views)
jpeg scv20190821_222918.jpeg (179.83 KB, 7 views)

moon119

Reply with quote  #12 
My husband and I are so touched by the outpouring of love we have been receiving from family, friend and people who didn't even know us! It leaves us breathless and speechless!
The gratitude we feel will never be forgotten and it has literally held us up during this difficult time. There have been so many miracles and little graces that we have taken comfort in. At some point it dawned on us that on any other normal Monday night we'd have been sound asleep in bed and we may very well have perished too.
From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you all for your support and your prayers.
If anybody understands this grief and horror I know that it is the people on this board. We have had to say goodbye to many, many pets over the years and so I know how painful it is no matter how or why. My heart is with you all in your grief too.
For those of you who made a contribution to gofundme, what can I say. You are a special angel.
I'd never even heard of it before and it was my wonderful groomer who did that for us!
I love you all - my brothers and sisters!

Love, Pat

P.S. When I'm stronger. I will write about Daisy, Max and Tucker and the special souls there were - scratch that - the special souls they ARE.

Reply with quote  #13 
OMG how horrible. I am so sorry for your loss. I just do not know what to say. Again, I am sorry and sending prayers to you and your husband. 
Dakota13

Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon119
We lost our two dogs and cat in a devastating house fire in the early hours of Tuesday, August 29, 2019.  Any other Monday night my husband and I would have been sound asleep but I was returning from an out of state to celebrate my grand baby's first birthday.  My train was delayed so my husband drove the two hours to Penn Station to pick me up.  We might very well have died too as the Chief Fire Inspector feels that the fire smoldered for some time.
On our way home we got the call "Pull over, I think your house is on fire."  
Something stupid, something electrical, a circuit breaker as near as they can tell.  The house was fully engulfed.  We had to drive another hour not knowing if it really was our house and not knowing what we would find.  Talk about panic...
I don't care about the stuff or the pile of wood that was once my home ... but my babies!  I am struggling mightily to accept this.
People have been wonderful and we're gonna be alright but I can't stop the horrible images that keep running through my mind of what their last minutes were.
I just don't know where to go with this...

My heart and sympathy goes out to all of you who are suffering the loss of your babies from whatever cause.

Much love,

Pat

. Oh my. I’m so very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how devastated you and hubby must feel. Many hugs to you.
redgirlraven

Reply with quote  #15 
Truly a nightmare. I’m so sorry.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.