Shattered_Heart
I lost my precious kitty, Jack of 17 1/2 years yesterday 11.1.17 of kidney disease that came on so quickly and escalated within the last month, that he is now gone. He was my special guy! Everywhere I look, his 'print' is there, in my house, on mu heart. My heart is just shattered, and the emptiness he left, the ache. At the same time I have so many years of memories with him. Some times I feel absolute panic knowing I will never see him again. I know I did the absolute right thing when I had him put to sleep, as he was so ill and had no quality of life. With the progression, he didn't have long before he would have left me. Now I have to learn to live without him in my life. How? How do I get through the days, the pain, the loss? Day by day? Step by step? Those steps and days are so painful. My daily routine no longer includes my caring for him, loving him, feeling his fur, hearing his purr. I miss you so much my sugarplum kitty. Be with your sister Jill now, be happy and free of discomfort, but know my heart is bleeding and I miss you so very much.
Peggy
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Jack and Jill! Love it! My precious Raven had to leave me just before Easter of this year for the same reason and like your Jack she went downhill very quickly. She was diagnosed about this time last year and 5 months later I had to let her go. Like you I knew I was doing the right thing but my heart just won't listen to my brain! I hope that he and Raven and Jill are at the Bridge together where there's no sadness or pain, just love and good memories. When I light Raven's candle next time I'll be sure to include your babies as well. The love we have for them and they for us is the purest love in the universe and when they have to go a portion of our heart and soul goes too. Just know that you're among friends here, who know how you feel.
Blessings to you 🐱
Quote 1 0
William
Hi
I’m so sorry for your loss of Jack. How do we get through it? Some days it’s minute by minute. The days are long. The pain is devastating. Our life routine of so many years changes the minute we let our babies go.
There are no magical answers. Allow yourself to grieve Cry, talk about Jack, talk to Jack and take care of yourself.

I lost my boy William 5 months ago. My world revolved around him. The depth of the pain has released some. But, I still crack in my voice when I talk about him. I cry over something every day that reminds me of him.

All we have now are the memories. Jack left you with many memories that will bring tears to your eyes but put a smile on your face.

Blessings to you
Kim💕❤️🐾🌈
Kim
Quote 1 0
TashasDad

Peggy,

I am deeply sorry for your loss of Jack, your precious kitty. I understand how devastated you feel ... you and Jack had a very deep loving bond, he was your special guy.

Your pain is very raw right now. Your loss is so recent. Most of us her at the forum have been through similar losses and have asked ourselves very similar questions, like yours of how do I get through the days, the pain, the loss. We all have to grieve for our beloved pets. Slowly we go forward. But we do. It is difficult. But we do.

I would urge you to use this forum regularly to help yourself in this process. There are many wonderful people here who care about what you going through right now and want to listen to you and want to comfort and help you best they can. In this way you are not alone.

Jack will forever be in your heart and your memories. 

Tashas Dad

Quote 1 0
Shattered_Heart
Thank you all for your support, encouraging words, and sharing your experiences, losses and your grief. It helps to know I'm not alone and others feel the same way I do. Many people don't really understand, they think 'it is just an animal'. No, they are our furr babies, our family, our wee loves.

Thank you for sharing, and caring.
Peggy
Quote 1 0
Marie123
You're so welcome, Peggy. Anyone who says it's just an animal has obviously never felt the love these precious souls give us every day, regardless of how we're feeling or acting. In a way, I pity them for never feeling that kind of love. These creatures are, and always will be, our babies, our friends, our soul mates.
Blessings To you 🐱🐺❤
Quote 1 0