Bubblesmom1
Saturday I lost my beloved Chinese Crested, Bubbles. She was 6 months shy of her 18th birthday. Blind, deaf and a dull sense of smell, she was the light of my life. She had health issues for sure, but was on medication and was doing well. So, I was shocked when my husband called me to tell me she had laid down and died. She had a good morning, ate well and was playing outside. The only unusual thing is she’d had one significant bout of diarrhea about an hour after eating. I am overwhelmed with grief and guilt because I was not there and I’m devastated over her death. I can’t understand what could have happened, I only know I should have been there for her last breath. Every time I think I’m done crying, it starts all over again. I am grateful for the many years we had together but at the same time grief stricken. I’m glad to have found this forum.
Joycelyn E Jaggers
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I'm very sorry, Joycelyn, for losing Bubbles. The grief tears our hearts and is relentlessly painful, especially right at first. As excruciating as it is to weep, tears are our friends in this grief journey. There is much healing in expressing the pain. 

I hope it will help for you to post here and hear from others who well understand how heartbreaking it is. Eighteen years is a long time and it will take real time to adjust to not having her there with you. I wish you every comfort as you endure these hard days. Take care of you in the midst of it all. Hugs!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Jocelyn,

I am so sorry you lost your sweet Bubbles so unexpectedly. I can imagine how devastating this must feel after such a long time, almost 18 years she was always at your side. Please do not feel guilty that you were not there because how could you have known when she had a good morning and nothing prepared you for this shock. Be sure that alone her age already shows how well you did take care of her and what a wonderful long long life she had by your side. Jocelyn, her time had just come. My heart goes out to you.

Good you came here to grieve her, we all understand, listen and dry your tears. Give yourself some time, be good to yourself, take good care.

My good thoughts are with you
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
Bubblesmom1
Thank you Cathie and Sylvia. Your messages are comforting. Right now I feel like my tears will never end. I have the most loving, supportive family anyone could have, yet I feel so alone and sometimes angry. I know I should feel grateful for the time I had with my sweet girl, and I am, I am just hurting so badly. I’m so glad to have been told about this site
Joycelyn E Jaggers
Quote 0 0
CK1991
I'm so sorry you lost Bubbles. She sounds like a dear pet and one who had the best life with you. That doesn't make it any easier right now but when you look back, you will be so happy that she lived life to the fullest right to the very end! Purcell is right. It's a good place to come and grieve your beloved pet. You must still be in shock to have her go so suddenly. I'm very sorry for your pain. Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
Bubblesmom1
I have been searching for the word...shock, that sums it up. I am shocked that this has happened to my sweet girl. I can’t understand how this could happen on THIS day, such a good day. I know this forum will help me through it.
Joycelyn E Jaggers
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I'm very sorry you're struggling in this way, Joycelyn. My heart goes out to you and I hope you can have some relief from this. It's a dreadful feeling that to me reverberated like a gong through my whole being. 

I had a thread about shock because it was one of the most persistent experiences of my loss. It would resound through my soul again and again, causing much painful suffering.  It still feels unreal and impossible for it to have happened, and my loss was in early February. 

You're not alone. I so understand and relate. 
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Sooz
Joycelyn, 

I am so sorry to read of your beloved darling girl Bubbles and her passing.  
It's a shock when they leave so suddenly and unexpectedly, and yet questions remain but those are a puzzle that will never be solved. 
Yes, sometimes, the grief will hit you like a ton load of bricks, and other times, it will just hit you.
All of us here understand, and we've often walked the same or similar path with you. 
Heaven is the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you.
Quote 0 0
Bubblesmom1
Thank you for your kind messages. I know I will get better but right now everytime I open my mouth to speak I have no voice. It's hard to breathe
Joycelyn E Jaggers
Quote 0 0