J9C
So yesterday we had to have our dog Bobby euthanised. It was a long time coming - he had dementia and although he was physically not too bad, mentally his personality was gone. I know I made the right decision but it doesn’t make it any easier. I have just spent all night and all morning crying my eyes out. What is worse is that he had to have some sedative tablets before we could get him in the car (one of the horrid things about his dementia was that he became very aggressive). When we got to the vet he couldn’t walk and we had to carry him. It was the first time I had been able to hold him for about 6 months. It was wonderful but at the same time because I knew what was coming the worst day of my life. His actual passing was beautiful and peaceful but for me I can’t stop myself crying. Please tell me it will get easier 😭
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I am so, so sorry for your loss of Bobby!  It is heart breaking to hear you weren't able to hold him in so very long, due to his aggressiveness from the illness. And the decision is one of the hardest things ever!

The grief at first is so raw and feels unbearable. It will get better, but it unfortunately does take time. And at least for me, there have been many, many tears, especially early on. 

My heart goes out to you very much. I hope writing here and hearing from others who are grieving and who understand will be a help. I wish you much comfort and peace.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
Sorry to hear you had to let your Bobby go, even when you know it is the best thing to do it still hurts so much. This grief journey is different for everyone, but things will slowly get better but it takes time. Some things you can do that might help is start a journal. I made two, one of my memories and one of my journey through the weeks and months dealing with the grief. It helped me. Memories can fade a little over time and I wanted to capture them permanently. I also set up a little memorial to honor my angels, I light candles, talk with them, speak their names. Don't hold your feelings in, let them out, move at your own pace, don't hurry any emotions. There will be bad days, and some better days, just take it one step at a time. When you feel like it, you can come here and post pictures, tell stories about them, talk about your bond. It's a good place to say what is on your heart, we all are dealing with a loss here, we will understand. Blessings to you.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
Furevrmommasbabies
So sorry for the loss of Bobby. Please know you are not alone. I had to put my dog Diesel down on Saturday. It’s really tough but I try to be grateful for the time I had with him. Sending lots of healing vibes your way
Quote 0 0
J9C
Thanks for all your replies. I am sorry you are all going through it too. I have spent the day crying again. A friend posted a photo of my boy when he was about 2 years old and he was so tiny and cute and so full of life. It made me realise how old and infirm he was. I miss him so much. Thanks for being so understanding xx
Quote 0 0