StephanieDawn
Hello, everyone.
I could lie and say that I am okay but I'm not. My baby, a jack russell mix named Kipper, passed suddenly on Sunday morning. I am so heartbroken and lost. We shared 13 years together, I rescued him from an abusive owner. Though, I now realize it was Kipper who rescued me. I feel as if I will never get over this. He was my world and mu everything. Recalling memories brings tears to my eyes every time. This is so unfair. Why did God do this to me? Please, someone, anyone, help...
Quote 0 0
camunki
StepahnieDawn I am so sorry for the loss of your Kipper. I am glad you rescued him and showed him what love and life is supposed to be like. And this is all so new and raw that your feelings will be overwhelming. The next few weeks are by far the hardest.

I lost 2 of my dogs last year Munki who was 13 years (one month shy of her 14th birthday) and Daizy only 9 y/o....I am still grieving them both.

I know that our pets are like our children, I love my dogs more than i love some humans....it is the unconditonal love they give.

Please take this time to post more and please know you are not alone.

(((hugs your way)))

Cam

Quote 0 0
jimmy17
StephanieDawn, I am so sorry for your loss of Kipper. This grief is all so new to you, and sometimes you do start thinking about how to go on. All I can say is that it does slowly start to get a little better, although you won`t think that right now.  When I lost my 17 year old dog 6 months ago, I was like a zombie for days afterwards - I couldn`t eat or sleep and just wanted to be with Jim.  I found this forum a day or so later, and was so relieved to know the way I was feeling was normal, so I`m glad you also have come here. 
 Just try and take it a day or even hour at a time, cry as much as you want - the grief is testimony to how much you loved Kipper.  Just remember all the happy years you gave him after rescuing him - how anyone can abuse an innocent little dog is beyond belief.  I also started a journal which helped me so much, and I still write in it each day - each time I remember something that Jim used to do, I quickly write it down.    Please come here often, there are so many lovely people here who understand exactly how you feel, Take care.

Hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
StephV
Aww Stephanie...from one Stephanie to another, big hugs. So sorry about your sweet Kipper.  I too struggle with the whys of this whole mess. I bet Kipper and my Sadie are tearing around together with all these other special babies today as we grieve them. Hugs to you and a special snuggle to Kipper.  
Quote 0 0
et61
I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you both rescued each other and thank you for taking him away from a bad situation. I prayed for God to save my Sweetie but the answer was NO and I lost him April 8th. I was so angry and cried for days and didn't get out of bed or eat for 4 days. Unfortunately all our beloved animals must pass on to Rainbow Bridge so all we can do is love them as much as they love us for the short time they are given. I know you did that and hope you find some comfort in that.  
Quote 0 0
chipperboy
Grief is horrible. It is a dark, bitter sludge we have to trudge through. Each step is heavy and our legs ache. Tears, lots of tears...and something thew you into the deep end.

But hear me when I say, your baby is not angry with you. There was nothing you could do and he is very happy right now...and he wants you to be happy. He really does! That is all he every wanted for you. Wouldn't you agree?

Keep taking those steps, they get lighter and easier.

Cry those tears, they heal your soul.

The days will get brighter. Don't be afraid or feel guilty to smile and laugh. That is what our babies want for us.

When will all of this happen? Each day....sometimes the day brings the tiniest of healing and another day will bring more. Then, one day, you will find joy again.

One last thought - I'm a believer in God and follower of Christ. I wholeheartedly believe that these things happen to us to prepare us. For what? One day, could be soon...could be later....someone will need you because they lost a pet suddenly. These trials give us sympathy for others, but more importantly, empathy for those who struggle with things we have struggled with in the past.

Take care of yourself. 

Chipper's Mom

Momma's Chipper Boy (9/19/95 - 1/30/11) My heart, my love, my buddy! I miss you and love you so, so much! I can't wait to see you at the bridge! Love, Mommy

Lady "Ladybugs" (8/2/03 - 6/5/17) My sweet girl. Thanks for the walks, playtime, sock collection, boo boo kisses and love you gave all of us. We will miss you dearly! Until we meet again...we love you!
Quote 0 0
Missinjack
Kipper's Mom.... I too know your grief.... It has been just over a month since I lost my beloved Jack.... I cannot tell you the sadness that I have.... It has got a little better over the past month, but I still have moments of breakdown.... Particularly if I am doing something that reminds me of him.....
I hope you feel better, but it is going to take time.....
Try to stay positive
I miss you more than you can ever know
Quote 0 0
CKMP
Kipper's Mom,

I am so so sorry for your loss.  I wish there were magic words and something that would ease your heartache and sense of loss.  The reality is there is not - except to know you have come to the right place to find some comfort and true understanding.  Grief is overwhelming - and it rushes in and out in great waves leaving us emotionally and physically exhausted.  The bond you and Kipper have is one that still is there, but it takes us many days to come to terms with the changing nature of our relationship.  It is time still for grief and for tears to fall for Kipper.  There is no shame in mourning his loss and shedding those tears as he was a critical companion in your life.  I read once somewhere that 'grief comes in two parts; the first is working through the loss of one so special and the second is learning to live a life without the one lost.'  This is a process, a journey that is comprised of many steps, many steps forward and then even many 'backwards' . . . It just needs to take the time it takes.  You will go through many emotions, many thoughts and many moments in each day, or even each hour.  You have lost someone special - and life has changed, just as life changed so profoundly when you met Kipper. . .  Be kind to yourself, be patient with grief and mourning - to me, we work through it, and somehow come to incorporate the grief, the sense of loss, the 'guilt', the 'yearning for one more chance' into a life.  Come to the forum often - all are so kind and helpful - there are many wise words here, it just helps to know you are not alone through this.  
Quote 0 0
StephanieDawn
Thank you, everyone.
Your kind words mean the world to me and are a definite support in helping me through this very difficult time. I love and miss my baby, my Kipper. I would like to think that my Kipper and my Wonderful Lord sent you all to me to help me. Heaven knows I need friends, by my Lord and my Kipper's love and grace, I have found them.
God Bless you all. I hope to hear from you all again soon.
Hugs!!
Quote 0 0
Ionaskye
Hi StephanieDawn

I am sorry for your loss too. I had my little girl Skye put to sleep on Tuesday and as I sit here now in the early hours because I cannot sleep I really feel your agony.

My little girl was ripped away from me in the space of two hour. One minute I was taking her to the vets for what I thought was an infection....the next I was holding her in my arms and having to say goodbye. I have no words to describe the grief I am feeling. I came to this forum and I have made it my lifeline. So many lovely people who are talking to me and that gives me a little of my strength back.

I wish I could take away everyone's pain. I wish I could bring all our babies back.

Grief is a cruel thing and we are going to have to work through it. But we can do that together. You are so not alone in your struggle.

Sending love and prayers

xxxxxx
Quote 0 0