Pennysforevermom
Words cannot express the pain that I'm feeling right now. My baby girl was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure in January and passed away last night at the vet after she received her medication. She was my first fur baby and gave me 14 years of unconditional love, loyalty, and companionship. I cannot eat. I can't sleep. I've lost 10 pounds since learning about her diagnosis. I'm in so much pain. Is anyone else going through this right now? I feel so alone.

Quote 0 0
RemysMom
I am so sorry.... I lost my first furbaby girl on Tuesday night. It was sudden and unexpected and happened very quickly. It has been excruciating. I will say this - this forum has helped me a lot with support, venting, and reading other people’s experiences. It helps me to feel less alone. I was having a hard time eating and sleeping too. Still am but it’s getting a little better. My situation is compounded by being pregnant and so I have to force myself to not fall apart as much as I just want to succumb. The first days are really hard. Give yourself a break for them. Try to remain positive and in these early days, do whatever helps to bring you some calm. I stay on this forum, distract myself with social media, and try to binge watch but my attention span is limited right now. It’s so hard right now, I know. 
My most beautiful Golden Retriever Remy: 8/1/09-3/17/2020. 
Quote 1 0
Pennysforevermom
Thank you so much for sharing
Quote 0 0
Pennysforevermom
And I'm so sorry for your loss, too. Trust me, I get it
Quote 0 0
Molly4always
I am so sorry for both your losses; I lost my fur baby unexpectedly in January but I still miss her. At first, I didn’t think I’d make it through especially when the memories were everywhere.  I can’t tell you the times I thought I saw her out of the corner of my eye. I cried until I didn’t think I could cry anymore and then I cried some more.  I bought a little stuffed calico cat that I sleep with since I live alone.  It may seem silly but that little stuffed animal has given me so much comfort.  I kiss and hold it and cry; and somehow I don’t feel so alone.  

I know how difficult it is for you right now.  But when you’re able please tell us about your precious fur babies

Barbara
Quote 0 0
lovedbuds
I lost my dear dog, Buddy, this past Monday. I guess today it’ll be a week. I am so distraught and feel like the COVID19 issues are making it harder to grieve and find grief outlets. I’m very thankful for this forum. It has helped me feel less alone and I hope it does that for you too. I’m sorry for your loss. I wish you peace.

Molly4always - I totally understand the stuffed animal. I might opt for a weighted blanket bc I so sorely miss the comfort of my dog in my lap. At the moment I’m just using some homemade rice packs and they help a little. I’m sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing, it helped me today. Take care.
Quote 0 0
Pennysforevermom
Molly4always-I totally understand. I thought that I just saw my little baby underneath the table. I still have her bed next to me in her usual spot. She had just a good day on Saturday. She ate alot and really enjoyed her food. She napped next me while I read. I took her to the vet for medication...and she collapsed and died suddenly there. They were able to revive her and she walked around. When they were about to bring her out to me, she collapsed again. My baby was trying to come back to me and I'm so broken right now.

lovedbuds- I am so sorry for your loss. You know I understand. You're right...the Covid 19 crisis is compounding the grief. 

Remysmom-Thank you for your advice on how to cope. This forum is helping me too. 

Quote 0 0
Pennysforevermom
I question myself constantly. She was on several medications for her heart. Was I really helping her? I'm so broken
Quote 0 0
Quincysmomma
Pennysforevermom,

I relate to you and I am so very sorry for your loss...it is completely crushing.  We lost our Quincy just a little over a week ago and we are devastated...you are definitely not alone in your heartbreak.  I saw a quote somewhere that said 'If love could have saved you, you would live forever' and that really rang true to me.  We would have done anything, but we were to the point where anything we would have done would have only been for us and he would have been miserable...its not fair.
Quote 0 0
RemysMom
PennysForeverMom - My heart is aching for you. You were absolutely helping her. You were following vets orders and trusting their judgement. I can’t imagine how hard it must have been when your baby came back out. Devastating. 😢
My most beautiful Golden Retriever Remy: 8/1/09-3/17/2020. 
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
I am so sorry.  Losing these sweet animals is truly heartbreaking. I’m still grieving my girl 5 months now.  It does get better but believe me I’m still upset. They fill our lives with such joy. It stinks they can’t live longer.  This community has been a tremendous help to me, everyone is so caring and understanding. Hugs to you 
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19 Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
Molly4always
We try so hard to help our fur babies and when things go wrong we blame ourselves relentlessly.  We may have made mistakes but what we did was out of great love for them.  And they knew we loved them; they always knew.  The day before Molly was euthanized she came to me even though I knew she was hurting and dying.  I will always remember that day and how she showed me that she loved me.  Her love for me is  her legacy that will live forever.
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Pennysforevermom:

So very sorry that you lost your beloved fur baby the other day. I can totally relate. Same thing happened to me (6) months ago and I still grieve each and every day. You had your beautiful companion for (14) years which is a long time. Please keep in mind that you did nothing wrong - you did everything right. Often times, situations spiral out of control and we are left questioning our own choices and decisions. Rest assured that your choices and decisions were good ones. Your baby wouldn't have lived as long had you not been as conscientious as you were. You were a wonderful pet owner. Take your time to grieve properly and keep posting here so we all know that you are okay. You are not alone.

Warmest regards,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Cupcake
I'm sorry about your loss. I just lost my furry best friend and although I'd never wish this feeling on anyone,  it's comforting to know that others feel the grief as deeply and understand. I'm still trying to process everything and am having a really hard time with the guilt of knowing she spent her last day distressed and in pain and I wasn't there. It tears me up inside and keeps me up at night. I feel empty because of it. It's an especially hard time to reach out to others and tell them you're struggling or lonely with everything going on right now, so I'm happy to have the chance to connect with others who can understand just how profound the grieving experience can be. You're not alone and I've learned that sometines talking about it is the only thing that helps. 

Molly4always: Your post resonates with me. My girl was a little Calico who slept next to me every night. We lived alone, just the two of us. I've thought of getting a stuffed plushie to help me sleep since that first night after her passing and can completely understand the comfort it might give.
Quote 0 0
Pisiciul
Dear Pennysforevermom and all the other parents in grief,

I understand each and everyone so well. I lost my beautiful boy on Friday. His little heart stopped. I replied with my story at Cupcake's post.

I cannot come with anything new as it's the same pain here: crying day and night, can't eat, can't sleep, blaming myself and screaming inside as I feel helpless and devastated to have left him all alone in his dark and cold grave, far from me, his mommy. 

I hope we all find some ease soon. Or a way to tell our babies how much we love them and always will. A really good way to do that so we can find some sleep at night without the tears burning our skin.
Pisiciul
Quote 0 0