Forum

Author   Comment  
jasminesmom

Reply with quote  #1 
Jasmine, 13 yr old peekapoo, had to be sent to The Rainbow Bridge, 9-04-09. She suffered needlessly from the side effects of ProIn, given to her, July 9, 2009, to stop the incontinence. If I knew then, what I know now, the first dose would have never had entered her system.
For as far back as I can remember, Jasmine was up at 5:30 AM everyday to get me up to feed her. Then at 2 PM she graciously reminded me it was time to eat again, just in case I forgot. And if at 5 PM I was not in the kitchen preparing dinner for us, she reminded me. Her only illness in 13 years was one bout of pancreatitis in 2005 and that was put in check with change of food and stopping my husband from 'sharing' everything with her.
July 10, Jasmine did not get up until 7 AM and by 9 AM I was coaxing her to eat. By 5, I was hand feeding her, something I never had to do before. After 5 days of this, and Jasmine becoming more lethargic with each dose, I told the Vet of this and she stated that she knew of no side effects from this medicine. To make a long story short, after bouts of diarrhea, vomit ting , trying to get Jasmine to eat anything, she stopped eating and drinking water for 3 days. She was depressed and tired of being sick and tired-it was not her nature.
The guilt I feel for giving her ProIn, will always haunt me. The void in my heart, my home will never be filled with the same love and devotion she gave back to us and my children and grandchildren. No one was a stranger to her. If you didn't like dogs when you came here, you did when you left.
I still cry when I think of Jasmine-the kisses she gave the little children, seeking them out no matter if she knew them or not-tackling grandchildren to the ground and kissing til the could not breathe from laughing. Jasmine was such a joy in our lives. My constant companion, confidant, my child.
I promised Jasmine that all would know of the deadly side effects of ProIn.
Pegasus Laboratories stated that this could not have been the cause of her death. All I could say back to them was that I know how Jasmine was 7-08-09 and I know how she was 7-10-09.
Jasmine will be missed forever. 

Attached Images
jpeg 1.jpg (7.98 KB, 5 views)

Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm

lwirtanensiloy

Reply with quote  #2 
Please accept my sympathies for your loss.  Sometimes it can be so hard to deal with these things.  Your Jasmine was like your baby, and I can see your heart is breaking.  I have a Jasmine Peek A Poo too!

Sometimes these illnesses can come about unexpectedly.  My Bella Sophia died on 9.25.2009 and now I keep going over her list of medications, convinced one of them did her in.  I consulted with a human cardiologist as well.  I don't know.  I know she had a failing heart, that was like a ticking time bomb.   She almost died 1.5 years ago, and I know, reasonably, I was so lucky to get that extra time with her.

You are not alone in what you are going through.  I went to a pet support group a week ago, and these people were in the same boat.  I still cry, I was crying today.  My Bella Sophia should not have had to be in the distress she was in at the end.  She was so sweet, she did NOT deserve that.  That was not merciful.  It's no fair.  It breaks my heart reading these posts, thinking, why do our babies have to go this way?  And so speaks reality.  Perhaps their discomfort at the end preps them for leaving this world.  Maybe it's the work of the devil.  Thankfully they are in a better place now, even though we aren't there yet. Free of pain, free to run without risk of injury.   I was told that the daily crying is still considered to be 'normal.'  I wish it would stop but think of how many years we love our babies.  It may take that long to heal . . .

Try to remember the brightness your baby brought in your life, and how, as much as your heart breaks now, you wouldn't change it for the world. 

jasminesmom

Reply with quote  #3 
I am so sorry for your loss of Bella Sophia. Losing a family member is always tough, but when its our fur baby, it's even harder to bare. As i go thru my daily life, tears flow unexpectedly, for I miss her so very much. Before ProIn, Jasmine was healthy, playing, eating, chasing her lizards, just being Jas! The only thing wrong, the vet said, was that she had 'weak urine' and a 'slight' heart murmur before her first dose. Immediately after that first fateful dose, she went downhill. Not wanting to eat, lethargic, just wanting to cling to me for comfort. I believe ProIn seeks out any underlying illness, treats it like a boil until it erupts and causes death. ProIn has created a void in my heart, my home, that will never be filled again.
I find comfort believing Jasmine is at The Rainbow Bridge, free from pain, free to eat, run and play with her cousins, Hambone, Shakes, Budley, Bear and Sammy.

Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.