JaspersMom
I thought I would share this beautiful video with you all, and I can just imagine our sweet babies writing these words to us. I hope that one day I will be able to open my home to another little one who needs me, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, my heart still aches for my Jasper ... I just miss him so much.

Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Thank you so much for posting the video JaspersMom. I'm in bits, but oh, how beautiful the words. I can just imagine all my lost, beloved babies writing those words. I ache for all of my beautiful four-legged friends, the pain still raw for my wonderful tabby, Gonzo, and my big bear, Solly. The grief I still feel for the loss of these two wondrous companions is sometimes like a surgeon's scalpel cutting me open. I wear my sorrow like a huge cloak that wraps itself around me and still threatens to smother me. I miss them every second of every day.

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Angelc8173
Hi everyone,

I am brand new to this forum and am crying buckets already. I had to put my baby Frisky down last Wednesday 12/10/14 and I am having a really hard time with it. 

Frisky was my favorite cat. I have had him for 15 years, since I was 18 years old. He and I have been through so much together. He was what my dad affectionately called "a scaredy cat" because he was afraid of everyone and very very skittish. The only person he ever took to was me and then to my husband almost immediately. Everyone else, he would run and hide when they came around. Frisky and I had a very special bond that no other cat will ever have with me. No other cat will ever fill the empty void in my heart that is there without Frisky.

At 15 years old he lived a long and a good life. I don't know exactly how it happened or when, but Frisky developed fluid in his chest cavity which was so filled by the time the vet found it, that it had started filling his abdomen area. There was nothing the vet could do and Frisky was desperately struggling to take in every breath. So even though it was the most heart wrenching thing I have ever done and the hardest decision I ever had to make, I decided to end his suffering and have him euthanized.

They let me hold him during the whole process. He started in my lap, with his upper body against my chest and my arms wrapped around him. I embraced him as they gave him the shot to make him sleep, and held him the entire time, stroking his favorite spot behind his ears, and telling him how much we loved him and that he would soon be comfortable and at peace. Once he was asleep, they moved him to the table where I moved my chair to, and wrapped my arms around him. I kept stroking behind his ears and kissing him over and over while I repeated over and over "I love you". The vet gave him the shot and I continued to repeat over and over again "I love you" while keeping my arms wrapped around him. And he died peacefully in my arms with "I love you" as my last words to him. The vet listed for his heart and whispered "he's gone" then they left the room and let my cry and say my final goodbyes.

The vet placed him in a bag for me to take home and he is now buried in my mom's back yard next to his kitty friend Darcy (my sister's cat).

Now almost a week later and I still can't cope. i have a husband, and 3 year old son and two other pets yet I feel so lonely. Especially at night after everyone else has gone to bed. This was mine and Frisky's time where I would watch tv and pet him.

There are times that something makes me smile or laugh and I immediately feel guilty. Like Frisky will think I don't miss him. I also feel guilty because ever since my son came along, Frisky has been neglected in the affection department. When he would come up on the bed late at night or early in the morning rubbing his face into mine I would push him away. or when I was on the couch doing something I would push him away. Now I feel so guilty that I took advantage of him being there and didn't show him the affection he needed.

This is not fair to my 3 year old because he does not understand. Christmas is my favorite time of year and every year it shows. I am always the most cheerful and festive person in the house making sure everyone's Christmas is great. But this year my heart just isn't in it and it's not fair to my son. Especially when he is at the right age to start understanding Christmas. How do I force myself to make sure he enjoys his holiday when my heart is so heavy?

And how do I get through this loneliness of no longer having my baby to cuddle? 

Quote 0 0
PeanutsMom
Thank you JaspersMom for the video.  While tears were streaming down my face from almost the beginning, as I read it through I was able to imagine my sweetest girl Peanut sending those words to me.  It will be 8 weeks tomorrow and I miss her terribly.  I ache to pet her again, to have her tease me with her toys, to watch her sleep and hear her snoring.  I do tell her everyday that I miss her, love her, and that she is my baby girl.  There are still tears to be shed and loneliness to deal with, but I have come to believe these will be short-lived compared to the years of unconditional love, companionship and joy she gave to me.
Denise 

My sweet Peanut, you are the sunshine of my life and I will love you forever
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Wendy, I could not make it through this video without tears streaming down my face, and yes the words are so beautiful and so fitting, and just what our babies would say. They know how much we miss them, and they can see our tears I do believe, and they want so much for our hearts to heal and for us to be happy once again.

I know how very much you must miss your sweet Gonzo and Solly, that ache and longing to see them again just never seems to go away. Your words are filled with such sadness and grief for your little ones, I so understand, as I feel the same way about my sweet boy Jasper. You would think that time would make it ease up a bit, but it seems as though every time I so much as look at my boy's picture, those beautiful eyes looking back at me, I see how very much I have lost, and I really don't want these memories, I want him.

Thank you so much for your kind response Wendy, your Gonzo, Solly, and my Jasper must be fast friends right about now at the rainbow bridge, along with all the other dear pets so missed and written about on this forum, and I bet they are bragging about their moms too, and how very much they are loved. Maybe they will even send us a rainbow, I think we all could use one right about now.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
PeanutsMom, thank you so much for your kind words, and I hope that this video was able to give you a little comfort, eight weeks is such a short time ... I remember eight weeks after losing my sweet Jasper, how I was still just trying to catch my breath so to speak, and process everything, it was and is so very hard, and so very sad to have to say goodbye to our little rays of sunshine who always light up our lives and made our world so much better.

I know how much you miss your baby girl, and I know how you must ache to hold her, as I do my sweet boy, but always remember that we will see them again. When it is time, and we lock eyes with our dear babies, and we run to meet them, and they melt right into our arms, everything wrong will be right again, the sadness and the emptiness will be no more, we will be right where we belong. Hold onto the special connection you and your precious Peanut have, keep talking to her, she is still so close and she can still hear your words, she can still feel your love, she is your forever baby, and she will never ever leave your heart.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Katel
Aw thank you Jasper's Mom,  Like the others I'm undone too, I'm missing my darlings so much.  It's a beautiful video and the words.  I understand all too well how you ache for your sweet Jasper, as I do for my Danny Chi and Charlotte cav who passed not so long ago.  they have left a yawning hole in our hearts.    Sometimes my missing them consumes my whole body.
Thank you again for the  video and I'm sure if our lost ones could talk to us they would
say those very words.
Blessings,
Kate 
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Katel, thank you so much for your very kind words of support ... I know how much you must miss your sweet Danny and Charlotte, and you are so right when you say they leave such a yawning hole in our hearts, truer words were never spoken. I know you so understand the dull ache that never seems to go away, it's always there, like the silence from the absence of our beautiful little ones, and oh yes, the silence can be deafening. I really understand when you write how sometimes missing them consumes you completely, it is like the entire fiber of our being is longing for them, and our very hearts are reaching out to them. Losing my Jasper put me into a place I will always call the winter of my soul, and I am not sure if spring will ever come again. I am just trying to focus on his special sweetness and light, and all of the love he left behind. I wish you hope and peace in the days ahead, and blessings to you and your precious babies, I can so feel the love you have for them in your words, and so can they.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
Thank you for posting that video, Jaspersmom. I saw it earlier but I was afraid to watch it because I knew it would get me. I don't even listen to the radio or music hardly because I'm afraid of certain songs that I know will cripple me the moment I hear them. I pain is so intense sometimes. Some days I still can't believe that Lucy is gone. I know I will own another dog in my life. I have an 18 month old and another on the way and I wouldn't dream of depriving them of the unconditional love, loyalty, respect, friendship, and companionship that pets can offer. I've thought about adopting an old chihuahua but I don't feel right about it. It wouldn't be Lucy. Thank you for sharing.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Leahbeahis, I am so very sorry about the loss of your Lucy. I know what you mean about music and certain songs bringing forth the tears, sometimes I think I must have enough tears to fill an ocean. It  has been ten months since I lost my sweet boy, and I hope that one day I will be able to open my heart again to another little one who needs me, I know Jasper would really like that, and that he would be so proud that he left so much love behind, that there was enough left over for another pet in need.

I really do think that many of us will know if and when we are ready, and sometimes fate steps in and ultimately takes it out of our hands, as a kitty or dog will find us when we are not even looking. I know what you mean about the pain of losing them being so intense at times, that ache in our hearts for them and the longing to see them just never seems to go away. Thank you so much for your kind words, and I wish you peace and hope in the days ahead, hold on tight to all the love and the special memories your beautiful Lucy left behind, she will always be with you, and she will never ever leave your heart.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Hello Jaspers Mom, What a beautiful video! This is killing me!! I type with tears drying and trying to remember what I needed to say!!!   The kind words and understanding you had for me and my girl Coco were so much appreciated!!! I know how much you cared about Jasper and I can understand why it would be hard to get another pet. I have always had cats and I love them dearly.Coco was my only dog. Whatever it is that I had with her I don't think I could ever have with another pet, even another dog. I think that any animal would be grateful and happy to have you as their mom. Thanks again, Andrea
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
JaspersMom wrote:
I thought I would share this beautiful video with you all, and I can just imagine our sweet babies writing these words to us. I hope that one day I will be able to open my home to another little one who needs me, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, my heart still aches for my Jasper ... I just miss him so much.

Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Dogmom5
Thank you so much for reposting the video. It has been almost 7 months since I lost my Sophie while some days are getting easier to get through, many are just as difficult as the day she passed.
Quote 0 0