Tonya
My heart is with you and precious Galen.
Love drops fall as I read your post, not being able
to be there with  Dukhat as he crossed the Bridge.
Oh what terrible thing to have to deal with. Hugs to you.
You may not have been there in body but you were with
him in heart, soul and mind.
Know that he does not hold any bad feelings against you
he loves you no matter what and will forever hold you
in his heart just as you Will him in yours.
Sing to him now. Talk to him.  He will hear.
Let it be known there is a communication tool between you and him it is the Golden Cord.
It is through this Golden Cord Dukat will listen for you,
and one day when you least expect it he will send you
a sign, or come to visit. We never know how or when but it
happens. I've had many , more from other parents furbabies
then my own.  Do not be alarmed if  Galen suddenly sets up on his back legs and looks as if he sees something,
as it is possible Dukat has came to comfort him.
To let you both know he loves you and will forever be
watching over you and he know's you were with him in heart.
I know Galen can't understand, he does not know what happened, he wonders where is Dukat why is he not here.
The same happened with my bird Baby when my Mesha Gail
left us.  That bird loved her so much and 2 years later Baby
found Mesha Gail as he flew over the Bridge and she was
right there waiting on him and they are now forever together.
Baby looked and listened and watched and waited, and could not figure where his Mesha was, ...now he sets on her back
in a place so beautiful just over that bridge where domestic and wild are one huge family living in harmony. Where flowers the color of the rainbow grow in the meadow, and butterflies flutter everywhere, by the way  they do send us those butterflies. the trees forever green,  the brook of sweet water that runs forever under the rainbow.
If all of a sudden you smell flowers and you have none around you and there are none near by....  ohhhh Dukhat is sending this gift to you...  I know because I received the same gift in the house and in my car. 
Some may think I've lost my mind, oh but not so as many of my forum sisters from the old forum know what I'm talking about.  So this is what keeps us going, this is what helps us to deal with our loss, this is what gives us hope,  without hope we have nothing.  Without any of these things we are lost.  Knowing where they are, and where they are living now
helps in a small way.
I know not having them in body to love and only having them in spirit to love is hard but it is what we have. That and the memories and then you all here have each other. That is why this wonderful forum was created.  And only those that come here will understand as there are those in the outside world that Will never understand.
Angels helping angels here what a blessing this place is and has been for so many.  A place to bring you precious baby and share that baby with everyone here so they can love this precious one too.

My thoughts will be with you and darling Galen, prayers for you and I hope in some way you can find a bit of piece here
as this is a blessed place for us all.
I've not been here in a while as other life matters are upon
me but one thing is for sure, this place is always in my heart and mind and soul.  This is where I brought my Mesha Gail and Baby and Maggie Mae.

God Bless

Tonya Mesha Gails mommy Babies and Maggie Mae's too at the bridge
Mommy to living baby Kit Kat AND as of 7/14/2010 Cotton (puppy)
For the love of our babies
They are the reason
Forever and Always Forever and a Day
Oh what a love is the love of our babies
A love like no other. Love drops fall

MY PRECIOUS SWEET GIRL Mesha Gail My Very Heart and your Shane's too
**http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/MESHA001/Resident.htm

REMEMBERING MERCY xoxoxox oh what a love.
**http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/MERCY0031/Residents.htm

REMBERING MAX passed 12/1/2009 xoxoxox We love you MAX xoxoxo
Shane and I love you.

My true register date is Jan. 2006 ****** it took me that long before I cold talk about my loss.
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Tonya,

I've got chill bumps after reading your beautiful post to doctorprilicla.  Wow!  You've had some amazing signs too from your departed babies.  I think there are some people that don't believe the amazing powerful signs and visits I've had from my girl Tootie.  I'm so glad to know there are others here that know of such precious gifts from a departed Angel.

Hugs,

Sherry
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
doctorprilicla
Thank you so much for writing this and telling me this. I wish I could describe how much it means to me. This is an impossible awful time, and everything...just, life in general...seems so listless ans sad and grey without my Dukhat here with me anymore. Galen doesn't move from the couch. He and I sit together and don't move because it seems neither of us can.
I wanted so badly to be there when Dukhat passed. But I couldn't get a flight back in time and they said he wouldn't survive the night.
Oh, I am waiting for a sign from my baby. I'm waiting for something..for him to speak to either me or Galen...Galen is a very, very smart cat and I know he's talked to things in my apartment that my roommates and I can't see. He and Dukhat were soul mates; I hope Dukhat will talk to his man and tell him that it's all okay.
I love my baby so much. Every day, I think about him. Every day I still love him. I hope you hear me, baby, whenever I say that, because I love you.
Bless you for writing this. You are amazing.

Quote 0 0
judylinn
I am so sorry for your loss....the pain is so unbearable. and yes, everything does become grey, and things hardly matter anymore..I know that place well. I'm sure youve talked to Galen, as I believe that our babies hear us on some level. They grieve too.
I waited for a sign, but I had to wait a bit, but Maddie has given me signs...but they are when I least expected them.
I am so sorry for your loss.We will be here to walk through this with you. Love and prayers. 
There is a chord of love between you and Dukhat that will never be broken...and your right, Galen may see something first....but I believe your sign will come.
Judy

Quote 0 0