allisones
My sweet baby girl Thelma,

It's been four days now since you left this plane for your next adventure. Whenever I miss you and feel your absence I try so hard to close my eyes and imagine where you are now. All I can see is an endless row of windowsills, overlooking a sunny yard with tons of birds and squirrels and people walking by. You loved to look out the window so much. The blinds in the bedroom still have a tear where you would push aside the blinds if I slept too long so you could start your morning seeing what's going on. I will never replace those blinds. You always needed to see what was happening; it was the most cat thing about you. 

This morning when I turned on the faucet in the bath I had such a clear memory of you coming in the bathroom and peering over the bathtub to watch the water fill up, it was almost like you were right there with me. It was the first time I could smile about you without the sadness overtaking me. It is still there, Thelma girl, that sadness I carry with me since you left for the bridge. I know it always will be. Over those last few days I've had the W.S. Merwin poem run through my head over and over again:

Your absence has gone through me 
Like thread through a needle. 
Everything I do is stitched with its color.

And it's true, Thelma girl. I walk around and do my everyday things and there you are in all of it. Your sweet face and pink nose, your baby meow and your loud, loud purr. You were in my life for six, almost seven years but you will be with me for the rest of my life, however long that is and I know I will see you again. It is only a matter of time. Until then, I carry you with me. Always, always, always.

thelma.jpg 
Quote 0 0
KarenG
Aww..Thelma is beautiful. I love the quote from that poem...that is so how i feel as well.
Quote 0 0
Cynthia_H
What a lovely tribute to your beautiful Thelma; it really honours what she brought to your life and the love you shared.  

Like Thelma, my baby Mia had a very loud, loud purrrrrr but a very soft meow.  I hope they become good friends at the bridge.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Cynthia.  
Quote 0 0
allisones
Thank you Karen and Cynthia. She really was a beautiful and sweet girl. I will spend the rest of my life missing her. 

I hope you have a comforting day with warm memories of your babies. I know they are together, waiting. 
Quote 0 0
allisones
Dear Thelma,

Today is so hard without with you. Sundays were always a day I looked forward to because I usually had no work to do and could just spend hours with you at my side. I loved our afternoons when you would sit at the window and I would read a book and every so often you'd check in with me by coming by to sit on my chest or lift your little nose for a kiss. I am hysterically missing you today, wishing with everything I have that I could hold you one more time. I love you, my friend and I can't wait to see you. I wish I could be with you right now. Even in those last days when I didn't know you were as sick as you were but you did, you were so sleepy and worn out and you still would lift your little head to me for a kiss. Can you hear me Thelma girl? Wherever you are please know you took a big part of me with you. Keep it safe until you see me. I will look for you everywhere. I miss you so much and this pain without you is almost unbearable. 
Quote 0 0
ddp
Allisones,

It will be three weeks tomorrow that my sweet boy passed.  He was a rescue dog that I rescued when he was about 15 months old. We were a family for over 10 years.  He was my companion and protector and was incorporated in every aspect of my life….so his absence leaves a deep void for me just like you are feeling.  Somethings I have not been able to do.  I still can't eat an apple.  He and I use to share an apple every single evening….it was our after dinner desert.  Now when I bite into apple it make me sick.  I can't sit in my regular chair on the patio, which was the place that I had a clear vantage point to see all the way into the front of the house and the foot of the staircase where he would sometime stand and stare at me, trying to will me back inside if it was raining….or if he just didn't want to go out.  If I sit there I am forever looking up, looking for him.  I still fill my heart sink when I open the front door and he is not there to greet me…..so many things.  I was doing reasonably well until this past Monday, when while working in the back yard I found toys and chews that he had hidden a buried (he often did this to hide things from my daughters dogs).  I came completely unglued, it was terrible.  Several of my friends prayed with and for me and as I closed my eyes I saw Max my 80 lb mutt on the other side of the bridge looking back at me and beside him was Cheech my 6 lb chihuahua that passed 4 years ago.  Max had taken it very hard when Cheech passed so I know that they were glad to be together again. Max died suddenly, so we never had a chance to say our goodbyes and see you laters.  Max's spirit lingered in this house for a week after his passing.  For a week I heard the familiar sound of him jumping off the bed upstairs when I was sitting downstairs.  This did not surprise me, Max was my protector and I knew that he really would not depart until he knew that I was ok.  He was being there for me and as the alfa I had to give him permission to go…..and I loved him enough to do just that.  I have not heard him since. After praying with my friends and seeing that image of the 2 of them together I am more at peace.  I still miss him terribly but my heart is really at peace…..finally.  May God grant you all the fond memories and may the pain begin to fade and your joy with life return.  Thelma would want that for you

Denise

DDP
Quote 0 0
allisones
Denise,

Thank you so much from the bottom of my broken heart. I'm deeply sorry for your loss as well.
Quote 0 0
allisones
Dear Thelma,

It has been exactly one week since you left. You knew me, I'm convinced. And you knew that before you left me, I didn't really believe in a lot. But that has changed and I think part of the reason you were mine for awhile was to show me what true connection and love is. This morning, at around the time I had to let you go last week, I know you visited me. I felt you here with me. I felt your paws land on the bed as you skirted around me to the windowsill like you did so many times when you were here. I felt your presence so strongly that I woke up to look on the windowsill and even though I didn't see you, I felt you there. I never thought I would say that but I really believe you were.

It has been so lonely without you but this morning when you honored me with your spirit, I felt better. I love you so much, my little friend. I want to stop grieving so I can let the love in. I think you were trying to help me do that this morning.
Quote 0 0