codysmum102 Show full post »
codysmum102
Angelina,
Thank you. Someday we will all be over the bridge with our babies and maybe we will be able to meet each other in person too. Then I can personally thank all the kind people, like you, Jennifer, Michelle, Steve and so many others who helped me through this difficult time.
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 1 0
P_Mom
That is a beautiful thought and would love that. 💞 I think you and Angelina may appreciate 'song signs' I got from Patch, and possibly my parents too since we talk about songs, heaven, and reminders of places. (I lost my Dad in 2005 and Mom in 2011.) 

Over the summer I was having a really hard day and drove past my former house where I have so many memories with Patch (we moved last Nov, he passed Feb this year so I feel much comfort going to the old neighborhood.) I drive past the house, all the streets looking at each shrub and fence post he'd tinkle on. He LOVED walks and we took thousands over the years.  I leave the neighborhood and only less than 2 miles away is my parents old neighborhood and I drive past.  I'm breaking down sobbing and driving - I miss them all so much and can't believe Patch is now gone too. All 3 I'm missing at this moment.

The radio was off the entire time and I said 'God, please I need a sign my boy is ok and I'll see him again. Please send me a song so I'll know.' I turn the radio on and a new song was just beginning first few notes, it took me a second to realize, but then I could not believe my ears - it was a song from the 1980's by Bryan Adams, 'We're in Heaven'.  I'm not sure if you know it, but it's beautiful and not played often in the states. Out of all the songs in the entire world, I could not have asked for a better song!! It made me feel like Patch, Mom and Dad were telling me it's ok, We are in Heaven!!  

I came home and told my husband and he believes it's a true sign.  I told my siblings and 2 best friends and they didn't seem to think much of it, but I feel deep in my heart and soul this was a communication telling me yes they are waiting in Heaven. 

4 days ago I took my boy Sam for a walk. I immediately think of and miss Patch as he'd be walking with us. I have iTunes and playlist, but never play music on my cell phone, ever, only through my Mac desktop. Anyway, as we're walking I all the sudden hear faint music playing. I thought it was coming from a house nearby, but realized it was coming from my phone in my dog purse which was really bizarre. I realize it's 'Across the Universe' by John Lennon. It's a beautiful song and I haven't played it in a long time, but again, felt like this was from Patch telling me he is with me across the universe. (My Mom was also a huge Lennon fan and quoted his songs all the time.) I came home to view the full lyrics which are happy and sad that I can relate to thinking of my boy (pools of sadness, waves of joy) with a mantra meaning 'higher consciousness'. 

I know this is long, but feel I can share here as these are 2 signs I feel strongly about and I'm holding on to they are from my boy and parents. I hope maybe they can bring you some comfort too that there is a beautiful place over the bridge and we'll all be reunited. 🌈💖❤️
Jennifer
Quote 1 0
chilover
Jennifer.

Reading your post brought tears to my eyes ..I can imagine how driving around this neighbourhood which holds such memories of your beloved 'Patch & your parents' had such an effect on your emotions. I totally get how you ended up feeling so overwhelmed & emotional. Im so sorry to hear about the loss of your parents, that must be hard.I lost my dad in 2006 & wish he had been around to meet my baby as I know he would have loved her, & no doubt she would have climbed onto his lap. He knew I was after a little Chihuahua & Daisy & I found one another the following year after his passing so they never got to meet one another sadly...Unfortunately his birthday is the same day as Daisy's passing ( 2nd August  ) & he passed 2 weeks after. 

I was astonished how the 'Brian Adams' song "Heaven" came on the radio - wow! I know the song very well, it is a beautiful song & I would have totally lost it hearing it come on the radio. How significant! I truly do believe that is a sign from both Patch & your parents. I couldn't have thought of a clearer song/lyric as a message/sign.

It made me smile reading how you remembered every shrub & fence post that 'Patch' tinkled on. Memories resurface whenever I walk past places that Daisy tinkled on too & I sometimes used to laugh when she tinkled & I would say to her - 'gosh Daisy, how can u have anything left', as she loved to mark her scent all over & I would be wondering how much she could carry in her little Chihuahua  bladder.

The Lennon song too 'Across the universe's..Another sign I totally believe. I am also a Lennon fan, like your mum was. I absolutely love 'Imagine' but it makes me cry...I can't listen to music anymore.

I also wanted to share with you & julie about a television programme which has recently started here in the UK. It is about the vet practice which took care of my Daisy over the years. The vet who took care of her in her final year features in the programme ( the one I asked to treat her during her illness ). It is on TV every week & I cannot bring myself to watch it because of the sad memories that I know it will inflict - seeing him in the programme will bring back memories of all of her visits with him & the excruciating pain on that final day, the building will bring it all back too. Seeing them cooing  over lovely animals will make me feel sad because she isn't there/here to be fussed over anymore which is another sad reminder unfortunately. I will break if I watch it.

Whenever you feel feel these connections from songs Jennifer I am glad that you can come here to share them with us. That was magic - the 2 songs, the connection will forever be there & I am glad that you received these signs..

Chi hugs

Daisy's mummy 
Angelina 

Quote 1 0
P_Mom
Angelina, I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your Father.  It's truly so hard to lose a parent.  I bet your Dad had a hand in bringing little Daisy to you. 

I agree with you on the songs, I actually feel so strongly about them that when my mind stats spiraling out of control, I try to think of these amazing signs given to me that his spirit is still alive. 

That is really incredible the Vet will actually be on a tv program. I haven't seen anything like this in my area.  I'm sure seeing this program will trigger many emotions and I can understand how difficult that could be.  Is this the Vet who ultimately you helped you and your little Daisy? 

Thank you as always for your kind words. It's interesting to me that many of us come on here as people in our own lives don't seem to understand, but we're led here to people who do and I'm so thankful.  Perhaps Cody, Daisy, Patch and all the others bring us together for support.  That may sound crazy, but who knows, anything is possible. 
Jennifer
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Jennifer and Angelina,
There are so many songs that remind me if my boy but two in particular are I Love My Dog by Cat Stevens and You and Me Against the World by Helen Reddy especially  these lines:

You and me against the world,
Sometimes it seems like you and me against the world,
When all the others turn their backs and walked away,
You can count on me to stay
And when one of us is gone,
And one of us is left to carry on,
Then remembering will have to do,
Our memories alone will get us through
Think about the days of me and you,
Of you and me against the world.

Just thinking of them is making that lump in my throat and the tightening in my chest that I feel when something reminds me of Cody. I did feel like it was us against the world sometimes and he was always there for me when I felt most alone. That song reminds me of my mom too and even though it's been 12 years I miss her too. The last few years she had dementia so I felt as though I lost her even before she actually passed. Cody got me through though. Who gets you through the loss of the one who got you through everything?  It is a hard situation.
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Dearest Cody,
Your daddy, the kittens and I are in San Diego at the bay in the RV.  It's beautiful here and so much cooler than where we live. Many of the people at the campground have dogs and watching them reminds me of  the last trip you, daddy  and I took in the RV. It was to San Diego but a different campground. We would walk by the beach, go to the outdoor cafes together,  sit by the campfire with you on my lap then at night you would curl up on the bed next to me. I miss you so much baby boy. The kittens are a good distraction from the fact that you are not with here with us but they will never be you.
Hugs, kisses and belly rubs to you my precious little man.
I will love and miss you forever and ever,
Mommy
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Dearest Cody,
Your cousin, Suzie crossed over  the bridge today. Please show her the ropes and keep her company while you and your sister, Moneypenny, wait for us all to join you.
 I know she's a cat but she was a very sweet girl, never hissed at you and was very friendly. Your Aunt Teri and Uncle Ross are very sad just like your daddy were when you crossed and still are. They loved their baby girl almost as much as I love you. It is a very sad day.
Love you always and forever,
Mommy
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
Bill1971
Julie, what you said about the loss and sadness never going away resonates with me. I lost my little girl Molly on Sept 1st and it is extremely hard as you are full aware.
I am thankful for this forum because although many are very sympathetic I feel silly or trivial continuing to talk about it so I dont.
These "pets" have as much emotional weight as a son or daughter. It's an incredibly strong bond. 
Molly
Making my life better from 6/13/13 to 9/1/2020
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Bill,
You are exactly right. I used to say to my husband that Cody was the son we never had together. He went everywhere with us and I used to call him my little white shadow because he was always by my side. Your Molly looks so precious. We used to take Cody to the beach too. My life will never be the same.
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
chilover
JULIE.

Oh I know what you mean about the songs & those tight feelings in the chest & lump in the throat..I have often had to walk out of shops because of the sad songs they sometimes have played. A sad melody, or song lyrics can sometimes immediately have me in tears. Thank goodness for sunglasses & these 'covid masks' when  we can't always hide our tears as nobody can see behind them...

I wasn't aware that Cat Steven's wrote a song about his dog...Speaking of pet/animal lovers - I came across a documentary called "Earthlings". It is supposed to be hard cold facts about how the animal trade & is narrated by 'Joaquin Phoenix'. ( I am a big fan of his ) you may already know that he is a vegan & an animal activist like his late brother 'River' was ".Since reading that it is difficult to watch however I have decided to put it on hold for the time being as I am far too fragile to digest this information. Since loosing my girl I have become 'extremely sensitive' to all beings & today I had some seeded oatcakes in my shopping bag & thought to give the pigeons some, as they would have been more nutritious then bread, so I gave them some & it fed my soul knowing they were getting fed. Bless them!

Julie I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear Suzie. I am sure your sweet boy 'Cody' will have taken her under his wing & is introducing her to all of the other pets on here over the bridge 'including my darling girl 'Daisy'. She was like your Cody in the sense that she never hissed at cats. What beautiful sweet souls. I do hope they are having a ball over the bridge.

Big hugs - Angelina 

Bill1971

I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your beloved Molly..The emotional weight when we loose them is so so great. They are such innocent, grateful creatures who ask for nothing but the simplest things in life - Love! No amount of money in the universe can match the qualities in which they possess! They are worth far more than any car, house, piece of jewellery (which in my opinion is worth very little anyway). What our pets possessed was 'priceless'. I am glad that you came across this forum, there really is no better place to share ones grief..I lost my beloved Chihuahua "Daisy" 11 months ago & I am still extremely fragile &, but this forum has helped saved my life..

Sending you comfort & peace

Daisy's mummy 

Angelina 
Quote 0 0
pkindree
Hi everyone, I just wrote a lengthy response and it vaporized:( I don't remember everything I wrote, and it was too long to recreate.

I have not been here in a while, busy with work and so depressed with the terrible air in CA. Julie, is it bad in So Cal?

Angelina, Jennifer, I am very sorry for your loss and the grief you are feeling. The relationships we have with our furry companions is unconditional and sincere. There is no pretense, and our animals love us for who we are. It's devastating when that unconditional love and companionship is gone. I find this site an amazing resource as well as Wallace Seif book, The Loss of a Pet.
There are amazing people on here who understand your pain and loss. I am glad to hear Angelina that this forum has helped you so much.

Sincerely,
Patti
Patti
Quote 1 0