codysmum102 Show full post »
Michelemh
Sorry about all of your losses. Many funeral homes are now open depending where you live.

Michele
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Patti,
That is my hope and prayer.
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Michele,
Thank you. We just got a call today telling us they will be doing a virtual memorial and viewing Wednesday.
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Dearest Cody,
I had my first cataract surgery Thursday and I remember laying on the table thinking if for some reason I don't wake up from this I'll get to see my boy Cody and my parents. Then later that night afterwards I had to set my alarm for putting drops in my eyes for 3 times a day. The first time it went off I had to change the ringtone. It reminded me of those sad last week's of setting my alarms to give you your medicines at different times of the day for your seizures and tumor. I wish you had never gotten the brain tumor. I would have given you your medicine whenever if it was only the seizures that were the problem. I miss you baby boy. You weren't there for me to cuddle next to like you were when I had my foot surgery. You always made me feel like everything would be OK.
I will love you always and forever, ❤️
Mommy
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
chilover
Julie.

I was sorry to read about the reminder of the alarm  & that you had to change the ringtone. There are always so many memories & triggers of our babies that catch us off guard & it's so painful. You were the forever loving mummy to your boy giving his medicine when he needed it. I hope your cataract surgery went well. I had a similar encounter to you. When you said if you didn't wake up from it you would get to see your boy & your parents, it reminded me of a thought I had last night. I thought I could smell gas in my home & remember thinking- if I don't wake up I will get to see my Daisy...

Hugs
Angelina 
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Angelina,
I feel bad that I feel that way because there are people here who I know would miss me but I just think if for some reason I died, not by my own hand, that I would be happy to be reunited again. It sounds like you feel the same way so I'm glad you understand. My surgery went well.  It is going to take awhile for the eye to get to full power being able to see, the doctor said probably a week, but I can see out of it and am anxiously waiting to get the other one done so they will both see the same.
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
Michelemh
I hope your eye is getting better. I know how you feel with them not being here to comfort us.

Michele
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Michelle,
Yes, it is so hard to lose a companion that provided so much love on such a deep level. I miss him so.
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Dearest Cody,
Mommy was raising a Monarch caterpillar and today she emerged from her chrysalis. When I set her free it reminded me of you so much I cried. You transformed, just like the caterpillar, from a frightened, thin, scraggly looking dog in the shelter to my handsome, loving and brave little boy.  And when I set the butterfly free to begin her new life it reminded me of how I had to set you free to go on to your new life over the rainbow bridge. I will probably never see that butterfly again but I hope and pray that someday I will be with you again. You are such a good boy and special to your mommy and no one will ever take your place. I love you baby boy, I miss you so and I always will.
Love forever and ever,
Mommy

IMG_20200801_154128_compress11.jpg 
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
stevenkep
Hi Julie,

I'm glad to know that your surgical procedure went well and I hope that you are well on the path to recovery by now.  My spirits were uplifted somewhat when I saw your latest post about the Monarch butterfly and Cody.  It is such a beautiful little story with significant meaning.  What is that part of speech called, an allegory?  Yes, I looked it up just now, that would be an allegory, and a wonderful one indeed.

It amazes me how much in tune with the animal kingdom we all are, thanks to the four-legged friends whom we've known and loved in the time of our lives.  Another nice thing about the forum is how many times the posts leave such an indelible impression that I wind up thinking about them all day long, sometimes for days and days.  Of course, it also helps me to try and comprehend the circumstances that we find ourselves in, from our mutual bonds that draw us here to these threads to the overall envelope of events that are swirling all around us.

Anyway, I hope your day ahead is a good one.  We have one more day of nice weather here in NJ, then the tropical storm is coming with the deluge.

Peace,

Steve
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Steve,
Can you send some of your rain our way? It is as dry as a bone out here and hotter than a firecracker lit at both ends. My eye is doing well and tomorrow I go to have the other one done. Today I had an ultrasound to look at my liver. My liver enzymes were high so they wanted to take a look. I don't drink so they thought it could be the beginning of non-alcoholic fatty liver. If it's caught early it is reversible with diet apparently. I won't get the results until next Monday. 

It's funny how some of the strangest things, like freeing the butterfly, that I thought would have nothing to do with Cody cause such intense reminders of him and such an emotional reaction.  It's that unbreakable bond that will always tie us together even though physically we are not.
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Dearest Cody,
Sometimes I wish I could be like you were. Living one day at a time, not worrying about the future or the past, just living in the moment. It would certainly make life a lot easier now. You were always so happy up until the very end. You were the best dog ever and I miss you every single day. My baby boy, mommy will love you always and forever. 
Hugs, kisses and belly rubs my precious,
Mommy
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Dearest Cody,
Today is exactly seven months since you left my side and it still hurts so very much. On the outside I am able to contain my feelings around others better but on the inside I am still so terribly sad  and lonely. Most days I just get up and do things on automatic pilot. There is no excitement or joy. I do things because I know I have to or it is expected of me. I have never grieved so long it hard for anyone or anything in my life. I close my eyes and I see your smiling face and your wiggle butt but when I open them you're gone. All that is left are photos, videos, your belongings and ashes. Those things aren't enough. The foster kitties aren't enough. Nothing left here is enough to give me the happiness you gave me. I would never say that to anyone around me because I know they would be insulted and wouldn't understand how a little white dog could mean more to me than anything or anyone else but it's true. I just pray with all my heart and soul that someday we will be together again. I will love you always and forever my precious baby boy.

Love, hugs, kisses, pets and belly rubs,
Your Mommy ❤️
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
Michelemh
So sorry. I also feel the same way every day. There is no happiness really. At least not the way it was. I just do things but I don't have the same warm and happy feeling like I did. I understand how there is no one else that can make it feel like it once did. I wonder if I will feel this way my entire life. It was eleven months for me on August ninth. I still feel sad most days.

Michele
Quote 0 0
pkindree
Hello Julie,

I am very sorry about your sadness at the 7th month anniversary of Cody leaving to the Rainbow Bridge. No one - person or furry friend - can replace the bonds we share with our animals. The longing and emptiness is always there because our little companions are not beside us. So many of our daily rituals and our purpose is centered around taking care of them and spending time with them. It's like part of us is missing. It's been almost five years and I think of Toby and Rusty every day. Never a day passes that I don't think about them and  their antics, and the stuff we did together. With kids grown and busy with their lives, my doggies are a significant source of comfort and company. Especially now with the lock down. It magnifies the loss and makes me so depressed - I said goodbye to Monty in a parking lot! Handed him over to the technician because I could not bear to watch as he drew his last breath. I can still see his precious face that last day.

I wish there was something I could do for everyone here who hurts over their losses. We all know there is nothing to take the pain away. We can be there for each other and understand. You're right Julie, there are some people you can never be open and share with. When I get my sad moments I turn to this forum, hug Monty's blanket and cry. You all understand it.

That precious little white dog must have been awesome and he was very lucky!

Patti
Patti
Quote 0 0