chipperboy
Hey buddy. I sure do miss you!

It has been 6 weeks now and today has been a hard day. My heart still grieves for you buddy. You are such a sweet soul and I miss your physical presence being with me. I miss how you would follow me around the house....even to the bathroom. :-) Silly boy.

I still have work to do here buddy....but I can't wait until we are together again. Zuma is still around and I'm not going to lie to you.....he sure is a pain in the rear end! He is very cute and the kids really love him. I just can't bring myself to invest emotionally yet. I'm still trying to heal from your journey to Rainbow Bridge. It also doesn't help that he acts like that "Marly" dog in the movies. He tears everything up, he pees all over the carpet, he ran off to the neighbor's yard, he chews just about everything....even his own foot. I guess I don't need to tell you that I think he is one fry short of a Happy Meal. I'm sure he will come around. He lost his "man card" earlier this week, so he should start slowing down soon.....I hope.

Lady is still here as well. I cling to her mostly because she grew up with you. In a weird way, it is like having you around as long as she is still here.

I never dreamed I could make it this long. Losing you was devastating to me. I see other posts from people who have made it to a year or even more. I admire their courage and strength to keep moving forward. I'm still adjusting. Oh, things are better and I'm back in a routine again....but my heart is just taking so very long to heal. I just love you so much. You are my pal, my buddy....my sweet, sweet Chipper.

There is a part of me that wants the kind of relationship that you and I had and I consider getting another Shin Tzu. But my heart tells me..."are you crazy? Do you remember what you just went through?" My mind tells me "you had so many great years together. This small time in your life is nothing to pay for the wonderful friend you made. And that is true. I guess the wound is still to fresh.

I just miss you sweet boy. Those word seem so insignificant compared to what I feel. I really, really miss you!

If in the meantime, you could visit or send another friend my way.....that would be great. At least until we see each other again. I'll wait until the time is right.

All my love, treats, belly scratches, hugs and kisses I send your way! Take care sweetie!

Love,
Mommy
Chipper's Mom

Momma's Chipper Boy (9/19/95 - 1/30/11) My heart, my love, my buddy! I miss you and love you so, so much! I can't wait to see you at the bridge! Love, Mommy

Lady "Ladybugs" (8/2/03 - 6/5/17) My sweet girl. Thanks for the walks, playtime, sock collection, boo boo kisses and love you gave all of us. We will miss you dearly! Until we meet again...we love you!
Quote 0 0
creampuff

Dear Chipper's Mom, I feel what you're feeling tonight.  Six weeks won't heal our  broken hearts.  It's going to take us both a lot longer.  I lost my little purrbabies two weeks apart after having them many years.  My Inky went to the rainbow bridge eight weeks ago and Bubba Lou left me six weeks ago, just like your Chipper Boy.  For a few days now, I've been thinking that I'm beginning to heal, that I'm feeling better as the days go by.  Then, WHAM, last night I went to bed crying.  I guess it's because a new memory popped into my head that I had forgotten about.  Something so sweet that my Bubba Lou used to do.  Susie Squillions once suggested that we write all of our wonderful memories down when they pop up... that way we won't forget anything as time passes.  I'm going to start doing that!  And as for you getting another furbaby just like Chipper... I believe you'll know when you're ready and when the time is right.  That's how I feel about getting another furcat.  Your love for Chipper Boy is beautiful.  Sorry you're having a difficult day, I soooo understand.  Big hugs.  Jane

Quote 0 0
mybuddy

hey there chippersmom.....your story sounds so familiar and reminds me so much of my little boy--and his name was buddy...i lost him on january 24 of this year and i am going through so much pain still. i am going on as you are, going through my normal routine, but there are many times i feel so sad and lost without my best little friend here with me. i guess we can only do our best and there will be good days and bad days, but i always tell buddy i know i cannot see him, but i know he is still here with me--watching out for me,,,just as i am sure chipper still with you...and will be there one day when it is our time..i wish you peace as we try our best to go on with life,,,take good care!!  buddys mom...

Quote 0 0
chipperboy
Thank you both. Yesterday was one of those "bad" days. It just seems lately that memories and things around the house are reminding me of him. For example, I've cleaned my kids bathroom multiple times since Chipper's journey to the Bridge and had no problems, but a couple of days ago, I went in to hang some towels and looked into the tub. For some reason I thought, "That is where Chipper would get his baths" and I just cried. It's crazy how things just come up and open old wounds.

I'm hoping today is a better day. :o)

Thanks, again.
Chipper's Mom

Momma's Chipper Boy (9/19/95 - 1/30/11) My heart, my love, my buddy! I miss you and love you so, so much! I can't wait to see you at the bridge! Love, Mommy

Lady "Ladybugs" (8/2/03 - 6/5/17) My sweet girl. Thanks for the walks, playtime, sock collection, boo boo kisses and love you gave all of us. We will miss you dearly! Until we meet again...we love you!
Quote 0 0
sydney1201
Hi Chippers mom,

Wow...you sure hit that right on the button. What a beautiful message to Chipper.

I believe that we all can relate to this. You know, as it gets easier to move on to each new day....our scares and broken hearts will always be with us. For me, I'm having a really tough time dealing with "the firsts"....
The first Christmas, spring, summer, her birthday, etc.
Getting through the first year will be a struggle for sure.
I know our babies left paw prints on our hearts forever, we are so lucky to have them in our lives, if only it could be as long as we are here.
I love you Sydney
6.4.01~12.1.10
Quote 0 0
moonglow
Hi Chippers Mom,
Thanks for expressing so well all the feelings I have about my cat Archie who went to the Bridge 3 months ago. I recently found a little piece of his kibble on the floor and felt such longing. He loved to play in the bath tub, watch cartoons, and follow me every where in our little 2 room apartment. We were always together for 10 years. As time and healing increase we will remember these things but without so much pain. Chipper and Archie are healthy and free just waiting for our time to come be with them.
Kim
I love you my dearest and sweetest little boy "Archie"
I'll be there my little soft baby!
10/27/00 - 12/13/10
Quote 0 0
chipperboy
Sydney1201 - I didn't even consider the "firsts", but you are right. Spring is just around the corner and the snow is starting to pull away from our house. I found myself looking out into the yard and thinking..."he won't be out there this year". I'm sure his birthday is going to be a tough one as well.

You are so right, I was indeed very lucky and blessed to have the best dog (in my opinion) in the world with me for more than 15 years!

Moonglow - Our stories do sound similar. Chipper was with me a very long time....just like you and Archie. However, Chipper didn't like the bathtub at all. :o)

Thank you both for helping make my day go better.
Chipper's Mom

Quote 0 0
Meghanm
Hi Chipper's Mom. I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you. I understand what you are saying when you say the little things bring up memories and make you sad. That is a natural part of the process and it is OK to be sad in those moments (or any moment really). Chipper will always be in your heart as he was a big part of your life.
Meghan

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." ~ The Crow

"We don't "get over" our losses and just move on, we learn to live differently."
~ http://www.angelbluemist.com/frames/guilt.html
Quote 0 0