Shellythepup
Our 2 year old dog slipped out and was hit me a car in front of us. She was completely healthy and it seems unfair for her life to have ended this way. I am traumatized and can not get the mental image out of my head.

Ive dealt with the passing of older dogs whose time has “come.” I am struggling to deal with this because it was so abrupt, traumatic, and unexpected. Can anyone relate? I feel lost.

Taylor
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
Oh my! I have no words.... that is just awful tragedy. Hugs to you. We are all here to support each other during this difficult time.
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
Lfc7118
I am so sorry about the traumatic loss of your baby. I did not witness my baby being hit by the car. I learned about it happening. I have been trying to cope and understand why for almost 2 weeks now. After learning how bad it was I continously replay that day in my life mind. I do not know how you are feeling but I can tell you that being in this forum is helping me. People in here have been so nice helping me to talk out what I am going through. We are here for you as long as need to talk about your grief. Hugs. Louetta
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Taylor,

I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet pup in a tragic accident. Many years ago I lost a young pet (2 years old) to a car, but I did not witness it. She was sweet, healthy, mischievous, and too young for her life to end. It was heartbreaking. I can only imagine the additional trauma of witnessing the event and having that final moment in your head.

It can help to post feelings, stories and pictures of your pet here. There are many wonderful and understanding people on this forum.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
BonosForeverMum
Hi I'm so sorry to here and my heart is broken myself after accidentally running my own beautiful 14yo Baby boy over last night in my car at night not realising he had followed me outside. I'm an absolute mess 😭😭😭 can't stop crying and just only want one thing in my life and don't care about anything else anymore, I just want my little baby back. Deep condolences to you and your family. My baby boy was my only family these days and was my best friend, baby and soul mate. Feel so sick and angry that I didn't check the door and hurt my own furry baby he died in my arms and likewise I can't forget the images. Please be really easy on yourself and my sincere condolences for your beautiful baby loss 💔. The only consolation for myself is my baby is in no pain and is playing and having a ball now I however can't get there myself in any form.
Quote 0 0
meganrose577
This hit way too close to home, my pup was only 4 months old when he slipped out of his harness and was hit by a car just over a month ago. My brother was watching him for us while my boyfriend and I went out for my birthday, so luckily I didn’t see it happen. But the aftermath was just as devastating. The mental images I have of him eats me up all the time. I can definitely relate. I’m so sorry for your loss
Quote 0 0
Shellythepup
Thank you all so much for your kindness. Each day is getting better, and it is nice to have the support of a community of fellow dog lovers and people who have been in similar awful situations. I really, really appreciate you all and empathize with each of your losses as well. Thank you for sharing your stories.
Taylor
Quote 0 0
Allie59
I'm so sorry about your sweet pup, I can't begin to imagine how you feel having witnessed what happened. Hugs to you.
Quote 0 0