Valley_hughes
I’m missing my baby so much today. He was so old and tired but always came and loved up on me. He was so silly, always sticking his tongue out. I still have so much guilt that I wasn’t good enough for you Peanut. You were such a gift in my life and your loss has hit me in ways that I never imagined. I miss the good times, wished I would have done better the bad times, and I want you to know that you were the love of my life and I miss you more that words can describe.
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
I am so sorry for your loss of Peanut. I love the picture, he looks so content in your arms. I think we all feel like we could have done more when they are gone, but just know that Peanut is completely aware of how much you loved him. They do change our lives, for the better, but the grief over the loss can be a real struggle, lots of guilt, second-guessing and so forth. I can tell by your words that Peanut was loved, every day. He had a home to grow up in and was a happy boy. As humans we have to deal with all the 'stuff' that life throws at us, all the ups and downs so there are good times and better times. But Peanut loved you throughout his life and I can see in the picture the love in your face. He is in a wonderful place now, he will always be a part of your heart, your soul. These first few weeks and months can be so difficult but there are so many people here that are all going through this journey of grief in various stages and they can be such a wonderful help. Thank you for posting the picture, for introducing us to Peanut. As times goes by you may want to tell us more, but only when you can, we each have our own timetable, there is no hurrying along of this journey we are on. Blessings to you and I pray for peace and comfort along the way.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Chinadoll wrote:
I am so sorry for your loss of Peanut. I love the picture, he looks so content in your arms. I think we all feel like we could have done more when they are gone, but just know that Peanut is completely aware of how much you loved him. They do change our lives, for the better, but the grief over the loss can be a real struggle, lots of guilt, second-guessing and so forth. I can tell by your words that Peanut was loved, every day. He had a home to grow up in and was a happy boy. As humans we have to deal with all the 'stuff' that life throws at us, all the ups and downs so there are good times and better times. But Peanut loved you throughout his life and I can see in the picture the love in your face. He is in a wonderful place now, he will always be a part of your heart, your soul. These first few weeks and months can be so difficult but there are so many people here that are all going through this journey of grief in various stages and they can be such a wonderful help. Thank you for posting the picture, for introducing us to Peanut. As times goes by you may want to tell us more, but only when you can, we each have our own timetable, there is no hurrying along of this journey we are on. Blessings to you and I pray for peace and comfort along the way.

Thank you for your kind words of comfort. Yes he was very loved. I had him almost half of my life and he saw us through moves to Japan, Illinois, Nevada, and California. Definitely a military brat! I love him and miss him so much. Glad for this support.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Unfortunately it seems like our mind always takes us to what we could've or felt we foodme should've done different. It's easy to tell how loved Peanut was! ❤ I know it's hard (because i'm still trying to remind myself) but you gave Peanut an amazing life and he knows that.
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Rookiesmama wrote:
Unfortunately it seems like our mind always takes us to what we could've or felt we foodme should've done different. It's easy to tell how loved Peanut was! ❤ I know it's hard (because i'm still trying to remind myself) but you gave Peanut an amazing life and he knows that.

I have to continually remind myself that I did everything I could for him. Thank you for all the love on these posts.
Quote 0 0