vancleve1224
Jordan passed peacefully at home with my wife and I and her two sisters. She declined very rapidly which I suppose is a blessing.

Jordan was the first dog I ever had. We had her for 13 years and I feel blessed to have had so much time with her. I am aware of my aching sadness; it comes and goes in waves.

Jordan was a female golden and weighed about 50lbs. She was extremely well socialized and loyal. She was a hairy devil but what long hair isn't:) I swear over her lifetime we got enough hair to make a serious futon mattress.

My mind has responded to so many cues around our home, photos on line, texts received from friends and family. It is a bit overwhelming. I am glad I have been able to freely cry. For the last 1/2 year I knew this day was coming as she showed all the signs of an aging dog. Yet when it happened so abruptly I was shocked. I am shocked

Jordan was my most gentle confidant. Always listened, always had nudge and a kiss. Always a greeting and a smile. Always attentive to me by locating herself near by wherever I was in our home.

Jordan was a nut about balls and fetching. For a relatively mild mannered dog she was fierce when tracking a ball. Would bring it back to go again and would wear herself out and still ask for more. She loved water and would become so excited when approaching the beach in the car, pulling fiercely to get to the water. Once in the water, don't mess with her ball!

She was a friendly beggar of food but tolerated no's quite well. She loved pretty much any type of food but had a fondness for raw carrots. She had terrible teeth, despite our best efforts. I am told it can also be genetic.

Maybe sounds weird but I want to be sad. It tells me about my love for her and that is good to know I can love. Blessings to all of you who post.
Quote 0 0
catlong75
vancleve1224

so sorry about your loss of jordan. This is a good place to be to help you through the grief. no one here is judgemental and everyone is nice. we all try to help each other even though we are going through the pain of loss too. you will see in time how helpful this site can be. I just lost my dog Hitomi three weeks ago yesterday. Its really hard to deal with, but it helps to be on here.
hitomi's mom
Quote 0 0
frostymommy
Hugs V....people here are super supportive....my prayers go out to you....Take your time....you don't need to o anything bur remember your sweet pooch. My childhood best friend is Teddy, m y golden retriever. He passed at 1 yr old with liver disease....he was my best buddy. Take care!
Soph
Frosty Joy 5/14 - 7/16
Quote 0 0
middleway
Sorry to hear about Jordan, she sounds like an exceptional girl who was a part of a loving household.  It's very tough and the waves of sadness are stormy and unpredictable at first, but I admire how you're celebrating her life by talking about the good memories.  This is what I'm focusing on as I work through my sadness about my 14 year old Lab that I lost 4 days ago.  It felt unbearable at first but I think of that song Turn Turn Turn -- everything has a season.  Although it's so painful to close this chapter, I'm glad he was part of the book of my life.

Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
I am sorry to read of Jordans passsing. On Winstons memorial, I refered to the song "turn, turn turn". You had 14 great loving years with her.  She seemed very well behaved.  My ex husband always brought Labs home, his favorite breed.  I know they are cousins of the goldens.  They are fabulous family dogs.  It is ok to want to be sad about her.  I also felt the same way after I lost my Winston.  He also loved carrots.  Peace to you and your family at this time.  Hugs  Sue

Susan
Quote 0 0
anndriscoll
I lost my little Angel today.  It is so hard to loose a pet.  I am allowing myself to feel the pain and cry when I need to.  It is an emotional roller coaster.  I miss her so much.  But I have to grieve this loss just like anything else that is important in my life.  Her brother is still with me. He has been moping around all day. I am glad my children were able to say goodbye to her.  It seemed therapeutic to them as well. 
ann driscoll
Quote 0 0
vancleve1224
vancleve1224

so sorry about your loss of jordan. This is a good place to be to help you through the grief. no one here is judgemental and everyone is nice. we all try to help each other even though we are going through the pain of loss too. you will see in time how helpful this site can be. I just lost my dog Hitomi three weeks ago yesterday. Its really hard to deal with, but it helps to be on here.
Quote 0 0
vancleve1224
anndriscoll wrote:
I lost my little Angel today.  It is so hard to loose a pet.  I am allowing myself to feel the pain and cry when I need to.  It is an emotional roller coaster.  I miss her so much.  But I have to grieve this loss just like anything else that is important in my life.  Her brother is still with me. He has been moping around all day. I am glad my children were able to say goodbye to her.  It seemed therapeutic to them as well. 
Quote 0 0
vancleve1224
Gosh I am sorry for you loss. I am glad you are letting yourself feel your feelings. I am fortunate as well to have other kin of Jordan's with me. Jazz, the closest in age to Jordan has been very flat. We are working on petting, grooming and keeping her routine up. I hope your grief continues peacefully
Quote 0 0
vancleve1224
catlong75 wrote:
vancleve1224

Quote 0 0