dauntesmom

On Friday after two weeks of waiting the vet finally called to say a could come and pick up my baby's ashes. I was hoping that it would bring some closure and ease the pain to have Daunte back home again.  unfortunately it didn't.  I cried all the way to the vet, the same as I did two Fridays before. I tried to pull myself together to go in and barely did.  The vet tech handed me a plastic bag containing his urn and a paw print they had made of his paw. At that point broke down again.  The vet tech then said have a happy holiday.  I held his ashes next to my heart all the way home trying to picture me holding him.  When we got home I removed the urn from the bag and then to add insult to injury it was not the urn I had ordered, but a plastic box.  I had picked out a oak urn with a place to put his picture on the top.  This broke my heart. i contacted the vet and they apologized and said I can bring him back Monday and they will change the urns.  Losing Daunte has been one of the most painful if not the most painful experience of my life.  I was hoping having him home would bring closure and all it did was cause more pain and heartbreak. My sadness and loss never wains. I don't know what to do you get past this. Daunte's mom

Quote 0 0
Princess
First  let me say how very sorry I am for your loss.  I cannot say to you that you will just wake up tomorrow and all this pain will be gone, I wish I could.  But from experience too much I am afraid, I can say this that with time, even though it doesnt feel like it at this moment you will smile again.  There will always be "those days" I still have them after 4 years with one of mine , and I believe that is just part of the healing , our grieving.  Maybe after you get your urn and your baby home , you will begin to feel better.  I know with my Kaizer and my Maddie when I finally had them with me , and I could see them there each day it did make me feel a little closer to them.  Hang in there I think the mess ups at the vets after you had waited for two weeks was alot to deal with in your fresh grief. 
The one thing I can say for sure is that you are not alone, sadly we all have walked this sad road you are on now so please know that anytime you need to talk we are here for you.
Hugs and continued prayers of healing
Debbie Princess, Kaizer & Maddie's mom
Quote 0 0
CharlotteTaylor
Hi Dauntes Mom,

I hope you are okay. I can't imagine how hard that must be. Especially when all you wanted was to have him home. Sometimes people don't realise how much one small mistake could make such a big impact.

I hope you and your family are feeling better and you are remembering all those good memories that you have with your gorgeous boy.

Thank you for your kind words about Toby. It has only been 4 days but I am trying so hard to keep going and not be sad. I was sat at my desk on Thursday afternoon sobbing my heart out and now I am here once again and trying to be more positive. I am sure you know how hard that is.

Our boys are probably watching us now, tails wagging and urging us to look up and smile.

:) xxxxxxxx
"Goodbye love, goodbye love. Just came to say, goodbye love. Goodbye."

Toby's sister.
Quote 0 0
Tricia
Dear Daunte's Mom,

I'm so very sorry for all the heartache you are going through. I know for me I was just happy to have my babies back home with me. I'm so very sorry that  getting Daunte's ashes turned out to be more heartache for you.It doesn't take much, one mistake, to make our grieving for our babies so  much more. I pray that you will find peace and comfort in the days ahead and that the loving memories of your beloved Daunte will someday bring you more smiles and less tears.  Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Hugs,

Tricia

Tricia, Burton&Ozzie's Mom

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet
Quote 0 0
tikidikidoo
Dear Daunte's Mom,
I am so sorry for your loss and the heartache you are having to endure. Last November my husband and I came to the very difficult decision that it was time to say goodbye to our beloved cat Cody. I knew I would be a basket case on the day of so I went ahead of time to pay for the private cremation and choose an urn. To make a long story short, we received Cody's ashes in the wrong urn. I was heartbroken and very confused as to how this could of happened. Was this even my dear boy? We received very little help or concern from the the people at the vet's office. Things where escalating out of control. Thankfully, when we contacted the crematorium the lady there was very compassionate and agreed to us coming down there to have her rectify the situation. She showed us the tag that she received with the body of our sweet, beloved cat and there was no specification on there regarding the urn I chose. I wasn't sure at first but I believe now that the remains in the urn that sit here beside me are indeed my Cody. The negligence and inconsideration we experienced is in our eyes unforgivable and we will never go to that vet again. In such a delicate situation there is no room for error. I am so sorry that you had to experience a similar circumstance. This is inexcusable. I feel your pain and know just how you feel. Give yourself all the time you need to mourn and honour Daunte's memory. Believe that he will always live on in your heart and in time the sadness will turn into happy memories of your times together. I find it very helpful to read books about other people who have had strong connections to animals during this profoundly difficult journey. I'm sure any book by Susan Chernak McElroy will help you come to grips with the emotions you are feeling. She writes beautifully about the animal/human bond and may provide you with some comfort. My thoughts are with you and I am so very sorry for your loss.  
Quote 0 0
Minismom
I am so sorry for what happened to you.  I have to go get my little friends ashes tomorrow.  A mistake like that is truly inexcusable.  This is a hard enough time.
Quote 0 0