dauntesmom

Its been 9 months and 3 days since i lost my soul mate and i cant stop hurting! I have gotten 2 new puppies and work with them on training and love but starting to think i will never get over my bear.  I loved him more then life itself and if i knew for sure there was a rainbow bridge I would have already been there with him!  I know he needs his momma and I need him more then anyone cane ever imagine.  Love my new boys alot but want to be with Daunte as we were the  most awesome team.  Think I need soom help with this but anyone i talk to thinks he was just a dog what they dont know he was so much more!

Quote 0 0
tikibarb
I am meeting with  grief counselor.  She has helped me tremendously.  I felt so empty and had no desire to even dress in the morning.  I am doing much better now and it is only 10 weeks.  I still have very sad moments and waves of grief but I am functioning.  Those that tell you he was just a dog have never experienced the kind of love Daunte and you shared.  We are the lucky ones, We got to experience and understand unconditional love with our special babies.  So many don't ever get to that point because they do not open their hearts.  Realize that Daunte would not want you to be sad.  He would do his best to cheer you up if he were able.  I really believe that you will hold him again.  It just isn't your time yet.  Please read the Doberman poem on my website.  I found it really helpful in understanding the possible reasons for our horrendous losses. 
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
harvey
Daunte looks precious. I know the feeling of despair after losing a furbaby. I lost Sam 19 days ago and it hurts beyond belief. I was ready to go so I could be with her. I have found comfort knowing her soul and spirit is in Heaven. Dogs are mentioned 14 times in the Bible. Daunte is being cared for...waiting on you. Know this to be true. Hang in there!
Quote 0 0
donnalee
dauntesmom - Well, you won't here that phrase "just a dog" on this website!  Yes, they mean so much to us.   I'm so sorry you are still hurting this way after 9 months.  I'm glad Tikibarb mentioned how much the grief counselor helped her.  Do you think you could use some help as well?  Sometimes we all need someone to talk to in order to help us get through difficult situations.

Now this is just my personal beliefs and I realize you have your own beliefs.  To my way of thinking,  Daunte is in Heaven (or Rainbow Bridge or whatever you choose to call it).  However, I don't want you to rush to get there before your time just so you can join him!   We have to wait until it is the right time to be reunited with them.  I know I also have the feeling that I can't wait to be reunited with Scottie.  I really look forward to that time, but, at the same time, I know I have to be patient.  If there is a Heaven, then there is also a God.  And God knows what He is doing.  He sees the big picture....I don't.     We will be with them forever.  Forever will be for a long time!  Those are just my thoughts!  I truly hope you find some comfort.  I also hope you will consider finding someone trained in the area of grief to talk to.  If I were in your shoes, that is what I would do. 
Quote 0 0
judylinn

I too see a grief counselor, and it is helping me tremendously, as well as this site.  see how many posts there are on my maddie, thats how much Ive needed people here.  we are here for you. and when people say he is just a dog...those people have never had the luck to connect heart to heart with a fur baby. they just cant understand it...but we do.  Judy

Quote 0 0