Dalidog
Today is three weeks since my Dali left me.  I broke down this morning and again a bit later.  I'm not sure if it will ever get better.  The grief is all consuming.  I have moments that are okay, but then the floodgates open again.

I was given a book yesterday called "A Boy back from Heaven".  It was written by a friends relative and relates the story of how their 4 year old was so sick, left for heaven, and came back.  The boy is now 11 or 12 and doing well.  The book touched me because the boy spoke of heaven and 4 angels meeting him and then making him go back.  He had never seen his mothers grandmother as she passed before he was born.  One day the mother was scanning pictures for a project and left a picture of the grandmother out.  The boy saw it and asked his mother why she had a picture of his angel.  He also didn't want to return, and asked his mother if she was mad that he wanted to stay in heaven.  He came back for a purpose.  This is a true story and very touching.  Anyway, this book made me realize that our pets we grieve so badly are actually angels on earth.  Why else would they be so loving, unconditionally, and no matter what we do.  I truly think they watch over us.  Odd, I used to think I took care of Dali.  The book has a quote near the end:

"there are, of course, sad tears.  But I can have reassurance that the mourning is for my personal loss and I can rejoice in knowing that the grace of God will give her the peace and comfort to spend eternity in that beautiful kingdom and I will see her again one day".

Odd, I have known these people for years, but yesterday is when the book was given to me.  I stayed up and read it cover to cover last night.  I had this overwhelming feeling that Dali had a hand in it getting to me.  Maybe she was trying to comfort me, knowing how hard I am taking her leaving.  It made me imagine her waiting for me, looking over me, knowing she did her job on earth well taking care of me and that she will always be with me.  Is she trying to get me to accept her absence?  Something is definitely speaking to me.  I am fighting this because I am not ready to accept it.  Will I ever be?

I view pets so differently now.  They take care of us.  They ask for nothing in return except love and subsistence, not a big house, lots of money, or anything material.  They are truly exceptional angels.  I love you my Dali, thank you for being there for me.

I'm sorry I have rambled on and on, but this was important to me as I try to begin healing.  In my mind I saw my baby today, in fact, I see her everywhere.  Dali was my life and I don't know how to begin a different one now.  How I miss you, my Dali Lhasa

DSCN3413 (3).JPG

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
loft2111
I can't get over that cute face of Dali's!! Happy 3 week rainbow bridge Dali, I hope you are showing my Little Man the ropes as you have been there four days longer.
I don't think our pain will ever ease we just have to learn to live with it. Our losses are so new, hopefully with time we can start sharing happy memory stories and smile.
Take care of yourself anniversary days are never easy.
little mans mom
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
I am confident our angels are playing together and watching over us.  This has been the longest and saddest three weeks of my life. Will we ever learn to live with the pain?  I read and read and read everyone's posts and know I am not alone.  Just not sure how to handle it.  With time I hope so, just it feels right now that time has stopped.  Thanks so much for all your kind words about my Dali.  I wish I could have met your Little Man, but I know Dali is with him so he is in great company.

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0
Bellamum
Thank you for sharing this story.  It gives us comfort to hear stories like this about heaven.
Your beautiful Dali helped to ease your pain from Rainbow Bridge.  Dali knew that you needed comfort and reassurance.  What a sign from you own special angel.
I agree, the tears we shed now are not for our dearly loved babies as we have faith that they are happy and healthy now. The tears are for us and for all that we know we are missing out on now that our sweet companions are gone.
I also agree that our dogs are angels, sent here to teach us lots and show us how we should be acting.  We now have our very own guardian angels who will watch over us until we are with them again.  God will hold them in His arms, until we can hold them in ours once more.
angel dog 3 (200x200).jpg 
I wish you peace and healing.
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Thank you.  May you have peace and comfort as we try to heal.  I really feel Dali has given me many signs...  the rainbow that led me to this site and the book to ease my pain.  I feel she is still trying to comfort me, so I am doing my best.  Miss my angel every minute

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0